renoir Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Venomancer
Where can I buy or obtain one?
Post edited by renoir on

Comments

• Aerieath - Heavens Tear
    Aerieath - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    U can get the skil scrolls from the Zoologist at the south east area of Archosaur.
    They cost about 300 000++ if i didnt rem wrongly =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote: Too many freaks, not enough circuses. b:scorn
  • renoir
    renoir Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Wow 300k a pop thats harsh
  • Aerieath - Heavens Tear
    Aerieath - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Thats right, altho the skills are kinda cool... XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote: Too many freaks, not enough circuses. b:scorn
  • Aenil - Heavens Tear
    Aenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You can get some of the scrolls for 150k. And yes, some of them are up to 700k. I'd recommend anyone wanting their pet to tank get a scroll of Tough for 300k. You can upgrade the tiers of the abilities if the pet is at the required level for 200k each.

Most of the 'good' scrolls are only available from the "Temple of the Dragon".
  • epilif
    epilif Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Where is the temple of dragon ?
  • HaTorah - Heavens Tear
    HaTorah - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Ok, Skill Scrolls are to buy new skills right? What about leveling skills you pet currently has? Do you need a Skill Scroll for that too? And roughly, what is the cost to upgrade current skills?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Upgrading a skill requries a "level up" book regardless of which skill it is. The level up book costs 200k at Mrs. Zoologist and requires some of your SP too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Albione - Lost City
    Albione - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i recommend just catching higher lvl versions of ur pets, like replacing a magnite with a torgrin brave when u are high enough to do so, they tend to come with higher lvl skills and saves you money on leveling up skills
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i recommend just catching higher lvl versions of ur pets, like replacing a magnite with a torgrin brave when u are high enough to do so, they tend to come with higher lvl skills and saves you money on leveling up skills

Some people do that but remember that catching a higher level will cost you in stats..
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • vonmyking
    vonmyking Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Cost you in stats?
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Some people do that but remember that catching a higher level will cost you in stats..
    vonmyking wrote: »
    Cost you in stats?

That is to say there is a trade-off between skills and stats when using a pet with a higher initial level.

Pets with a low initial level have poor skills, but ultimately have the best stats (*) within their family.

Conversely,higher initial level pets have better skills but will have inferior stats (*).

The degree to which the stats will be inferior depends on the family and level difference.

EDIT:
    * Exception: The speed of higher initial-level pets will be higher than for a levelled-up lower initial-level pet of the same family.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I keep seeing this misinformation. Pets that start higher tend to be faster. That is a stat that is better. There are times when the other stats are negligible and the speed is more beneficial. Reduced cost is nice as well.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    I keep seeing this misinformation. Pets that start higher tend to be faster. That is a stat that is better. There are times when the other stats are negligible and the speed is more beneficial. Reduced cost is nice as well.

Yes, you're absolutely right - speed is one stat which increases more with higher initial level pets than by levelling lower ones. I also agree that there are certainly times when speed is the one stat which you are after.

I will edit my previous post to reflect this exception to the rule. My mistake for forgetting to mention it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Missesvemon - Harshlands
    Missesvemon - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I meant 300K 4give me 4 the typo wont let me change the title

300k for a skill!? I"ll stick wid my pets skills 4 now,they work so thats k.My turtle and magamite its r just fine wid there starting skills.All-thou a skill switch would b kool takeing 1 skill and trading it wid another pet in ur bag. ill juat use wat i got thou

i want a singature like u guys :(