Killing Kun Kun

Nepkom - Heavens Tear
Nepkom - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Wizard
How can a wizard kill the monster (Kun Kun [100], around Silver Pool) if he is magic resistant?
At my lvl I can only inflict 6 damage with physical attack and the quest says I must kill Kun Kun alone.

Can anyone tell me how to kill him?

Thanks.
Post edited by Nepkom - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• arleisha
    arleisha Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Kun Kun won't attack you. It'll just keep running. So just keep whacking at it and you'll kill him.
  • Elahim - Lost City
    Elahim - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Get yourself a melee/archer friend, do not be in squad with them. Take the first hit on kun kun, have your friend lay into kun kun until he's down to 10-15% health then your friend should stop attacking and defend you from aggressive mobs, then you finish kun kun off.
  • randeh
    randeh Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i did this quest yesterday .... i kept doing it over and over because he would run out in the open and someone melee would kill it and it wouldn't count v_v;; i hit him for 4 each time, but i got him to run up the mountin where there wern't any people and finally got him =) its best to run with him and once you're caught up to him (like your body is inside its body), double click it or hit the attack key if you have it binded or w/e, and he hits him once or twice, but keep running with him otherwise he'll chase more than he'll attack and makes it take longer x_X;;
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Best way I've found is to have an air support friend with you, with a ranged attack. You can just chase Kun Kun, and when you run into an aggro monster, your friend will attack it. The monster will go after the flying friend, but can't attack him/her, so he'll just run off again. Meanwhile, you've chased Kun Kun further. Very easy to do, and it works great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    hm...well i acuallt just forced it into the safe zone where the tele master is...and i use a bow...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    There's an old thread here I made where a lot of people told how they killed him. The way most did it was to corner him at the water and just beat him to death, or have a melee friend attack it until it has low HP (then finish it off yourself), and a few like me used a bow.
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • Dauthus - Sanctuary
    Dauthus - Sanctuary Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    LOL! I didn't even think about a bow when I did it... instead I chased him halfway across the map whacking at him every stop he made and ended up in BFE with some lvl 50 mobs.

Live and learn... lol
  • Nepkom - Heavens Tear
    Nepkom - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I finally got him! The best way is to "drive" it to the water and then give a few hits on his side.

Thanks for the help! ;)
  • Arkilas - Sanctuary
    Arkilas - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I just waited til I was lvl 33 (Barbarian) and i took him out with 3 hits
  • razere
    razere Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    This was a wizard asking how to do it. Of course any of the other classes could have gotten him easier. This was a hard boss for wizards to kill.
  • Tritoryo - Lost City
    Tritoryo - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    ROFL! LOL I'm sorry I can't contribute but I just found that Barbarian response random in a wizard thread.
  • DSB_SPARTAN - Sanctuary
    DSB_SPARTAN - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I chased him for a while then it got stuck behind a non aggro mob, it couldn't move at all. I just hit it 'till it died (and that still took forever us mages just aren't cut out for melee.)
  • bellatrixie
    bellatrixie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I just chased it around while hitting with my wand. Took me like 20 mins.
    It really frustraded me cause each time there were veno's who let their pets kill it in 1 hit the whole time.
  • Levoden - Heavens Tear
    Levoden - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Use Blade Tempest
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Use Blade Tempest

Cause 3x have BT b:cute
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    yeh kun kun is the hardest boss i saw in my life...hes so strong.
    all that mag res, uper run power.
    i advice mages get lv105 b4 even think about try solo it, is near impossibel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    necro b:bye
    Quit.
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    necro b:bye

NO WAY!REALLY? b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    DX hardest boss ever~ I actually died multiple times because of those darn antelope pups. (>.<) took forever and finally ended when a passing veno pitied me enough to hit kun kun twice. X_x'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]