people in pwi

Demonicdude - Sanctuary
Demonicdude - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
when i go into the game, 99% of people I meet are either really useless and dont answer any questions i ask, or say rude things to me after i ask. WHY???? why is everybody so mean????? cmon people!! lets be more helpful!!!
Post edited by Demonicdude - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well, how do you ask questions?
    Bad way: "HOW I MINE 4 FISH?!?!?!?!?"
    Good way: Can anyone tell/help me to mine for fish? Thank you! :3"

No leet speak, no caps-lock-is-cruise-control-for-cool, proper English, and be nice about it.

Most of the time when im in ADC west district and ask a question people whisper me the answer, or when someone shouts in the WC I usually whisper them the answer depending on how they asked it and if i know it, but usually the shouter says "Thanks everyone" in the WC after they got their answer.

Remember, presentation is key :3
    Back.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I personally will despise, KS, PK anyone who uses ":3" but thats just me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I personally will despise, KS, PK anyone who uses ":3" but thats just me.

don't like the kitty? :3
    Back.
  • Demonicdude - Sanctuary
    Demonicdude - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    that is exactly how i talk
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    well best place for questions is forum , have you read the beginner board?
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Not to re rude, but most ppl ask question which answer can be found easily in forums boards. Question like "how do i tame a pet" etc etc... ALL these question can be learnt reading a I bit. I try to answer, but some things are not acceptable.
    Immagine that I found a lvl 5 char in Swamps of the wraiths asking for party to lvl!!!
    COME ON, thats not sane at all...
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I will answer questions if people ask them in a polite way. However, I will ignore anyone asking in ALL CAPS, 1337 sp34k or starting their sentence with things like "WTF is the ..". I also agree with other posters that people should read about the most obvious stuff on forum before asking people in game (guildies are of course exempt from that, though :) ).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i agree with two things

one : the forums can be pretty helpfull and most of the jerks hang around other spots but the begginers guid can be pretty helpful

two: yeah certain ways people ask things can be a bit annoying, its jsut apet peeve thing, but when someone asks me a question with out using real words and all scrambled up i can get a bit aggrivated, though i still do my best to answer them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marky
    marky Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    welcome to USA international =D
  • Celebren - Heavens Tear
    Celebren - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well, how do you ask questions?
    Bad way: "HOW I MINE 4 FISH?!?!?!?!?"
    Good way: Can anyone tell/help me to mine for fish? Thank you! :3"

No leet speak, no caps-lock-is-cruise-control-for-cool, proper English, and be nice about it.

Most of the time when im in ADC west district and ask a question people whisper me the answer, or when someone shouts in the WC I usually whisper them the answer depending on how they asked it and if i know it, but usually the shouter says "Thanks everyone" in the WC after they got their answer.

Remember, presentation is key :3

101% agree

questions in common / world chat asked in a crud way i simply dont answer.
    If asked in a normal / polite way i most times whiper the one and answer him, or sometimes also answer in common chat when i know this ppl is near and can read
    justice might be blind - but i also see in darkness
  • Trueazaril - Lost City
    Trueazaril - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    actually alot of my time is consumed by answering questions in lost city. not that i mind/ it just so happens that everytime im there ppl ask stuff to no one in particular and i just have to be the one who answers. kind of a hobit. and i cant leave till i know they got it. so not EVERYONE is mean.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheHessian - Sanctuary
    TheHessian - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Not to re rude, but most ppl ask question which answer can be found easily in forums boards. Question like "how do i tame a pet" etc etc... ALL these question can be learnt reading a I bit. I try to answer, but some things are not acceptable.
    Immagine that I found a lvl 5 char in Swamps of the wraiths asking for party to lvl!!!
    COME ON, thats not sane at all...

All I usually say is "read the forums", to most everyone hassling me.