Don't people ever chill?

Teny - Heavens Tear
Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Hey there everyone, I'm Teny, your average level 29 Cleric that struggled pathetically to get there.

I've been playing since last Thursday and I've been hooked up until I learned what a pain leveling and questing can be, so then I decided it was time for a break.

Of course, I'm new and I don't really know anyone, so I'm there thinking, where can I go to chill and talk to people ._.

That's when I realized, not only do I know no-one, but I don't know where people hang out to just talk and take a break from the questing/PK'ing and so forth.

The pure grinding/questing made things a bit boring for me over the last few days, I was invited into a random faction by a nice guy I met (Jammmy) and the people there are pretty cool except most of 'em are just nice because they want to attend the Spiritual Cultivations .____.;

tl;dr: How can I go about meeting some people on here and just chilling/talking? or is that frowned upon in this community D:?
Post edited by Teny - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• IWageWars - Heavens Tear
    IWageWars - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well, no. No one really stands there and talks, Or if they do Im still not aware of it (Im a 6x BM on other file). Im in the best clan on that file so its non stop talking n joking while I grind, I think you need to be more talkative when you quest n grind or more into your clan. Unno best bet is to make some friends.
  • Evancer - Heavens Tear
    Evancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Roleplay Guild on Heaven's Tear likes to stop and chat... We also, you know, roleplay. Gets us hassled sometimes, others it brings people over who want to join in. But yeah... there's a lot of grinders and not many that just want to enjoy the game for its other aspects.

Look us up, we're a friendly bunch!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Let's just pretend I said something clever in response and leave it at that..."
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Hi there, I sometimes take break, too, but people rarely stay with you somewhere just to talk. mostly I'm chatting with them while I'm questing/grinding, if you like just pm me :)
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The closest thing I am aware of being like a hangout place is Archosaur West, around the Crazy Stone NPCs. It's not like "Tavern RP" in other MMOs, though.... ;)

Other than that, most chatting happens in guild chat, I suppose...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    like like evancer said we do like to stop and chat and what not for the most part we are very friendly and enjoy conversation, so thats at least a few people who do infact chill, though i must say most people are always running around on a mission but if you ever need a brake hit one of us up at least

or try to find other people there are a few out there, who arnt rude as can be
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Celebren - Heavens Tear
    Celebren - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Real Roleplay is not the intention of this game - this game is just a simple run / fly and kill action (shooter) game.

nevertheless you can do roleplay in some way. So the environment (reaction of npcs, mobs, locations, ...) cant be changed according / depending to your roleplay, or you take a role along a special storyline (there simply is none you can take part in) - rp is here "only" between chars and what they want to talk / play about.

For talking in general with other ppl (about the weather, the last football season, .... i.e.) there are some who are happy to take a break from the monotone questing / grinding and will take the time for normal talking about everything and nothing.

For myself i always break up playing for some nice chatting with nice ppl around
    justice might be blind - but i also see in darkness
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The closest thing I am aware of being like a hangout place is Archosaur West, around the Crazy Stone NPCs. It's not like "Tavern RP" in other MMOs, though.... ;)

Other than that, most chatting happens in guild chat, I suppose...

Yeah, West Arch due to waiting on the daily quests, and also sometimes in the large open areas of the starter towns. Lost is the teleport destination point of more than one FB and some will stay around and chat a bit to unwind from a long FB51 or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'd suggest joining a guild. Guild chat is where most of my general conversation happens. Also, I think there is a public vent channel somewhere, you could try and meet some people in there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hirogi - Heavens Tear
    Hirogi - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Best place to chat with people is in a guild, over the wolrd forum if you can afford it, or the general forums. (There should be a chatbox forum << >>) But yeah, i usually solo so i just go around being random and talk to people that are in the same area. Then whatever happens in PW stays in PW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Shadows are watching. They will always protect you.
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    oooh, I see o.o

Well I'm in game pretty often, Whisper me sometime if you want to talk I guess? ._.;

Yeah I noticed a lot of RP guilds and people doing that, to be honest I haven't seen RP in quite some time on MMOs, it's a nice change I guess. As for Archosaur, I spend a bit too much time around there, just that with the excess amount of shops I can't really find people :x
  • Sir_walter - Heavens Tear
    Sir_walter - Heavens Tear Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Some hang out in Etherblade also, I do from time to time when tired of grinding or questing.

PS. Watch that Jammmy character b:chuckle
  • whisperwilo
    whisperwilo Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Most mmo games (like pw) has little “sit down and chat” type of atmosphere, many chat on the fly. For taking breaks from the everyday “ladeda” activities is normal for everyone. For me I set goals I wish to accomplish in a few days. Then I will take a day and harvest my little tail off and trade skill most of that day. This will keep you from burning out on the game so quickly. Also, for the chatting part, I have at times found a less traffic area and sit and chat in guild or with friends.
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Real Roleplay is not the intention of this game - this game is just a simple run / fly and kill action (shooter) game.

nevertheless you can do roleplay in some way. So the environment (reaction of npcs, mobs, locations, ...) cant be changed according / depending to your roleplay, or you take a role along a special storyline (there simply is none you can take part in) - rp is here "only" between chars and what they want to talk / play about.

For talking in general with other ppl (about the weather, the last football season, .... i.e.) there are some who are happy to take a break from the monotone questing / grinding and will take the time for normal talking about everything and nothing.

For myself i always break up playing for some nice chatting with nice ppl around

??

thats why we use the world around us and dont make up our own O.o, either way i didnt say come roleplay with us i said we sit and chat, as in sit and chat, not as in roleplay

i dont think you ment any offense though so im not upset just making clarifications
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Homaru - Lost City
    Homaru - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I dnt really chill until I get to high near eng game lvls, but there are times when Im bored and I will spend hours jus chatting away or saying random things to spark up convo.
  • Solky - Lost City
    Solky - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Having some friendly faction helps. otherwise, i know of no such place.
    Be sure to check the Beauty Contest :Db:thanks

I love presents. Give me some =db:thanks
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited December 2008

Well I'd like to disagree on some degree. When you look at the map you see plenty of abandoned castles, camp sites, bonfires, with no NPC near it. What for? Why create scenic spots all over the map when nobody's there? Well if you're active roleplayer you know why. Gather your gang- fly over there and role play. I really enjoy sitting by the camp fire and just shooting breeze with the RP people I know in this game. True some camps are infested with mobs so the constant guard character is needed. an excellent op. for player who acts like bodyguard to actually be one.

You know why Alice in Wonderland story began? Because she decided to get off her bum and run after the rabbit. if she would have just sat and wait rabbit to come to her and gently guide her by hand to the hole... she would still be sitting where she was in the beginning.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Join TheEmpire if you like to talk about

- Software Engineering methodologies
    - Newest articles on WSJ
    - Various political platforms
    - Market strategies in the reign of the bear.
    - Disney (only when Hisui is on)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.