Let's Talk

Asgenar - Lost City
Asgenar - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Suggestion Box
First of all, this is going to be somewhat of a suggestion thread, but don't move it there because everyone knows no GM reads that dump. Secondly, don't lock the thread if you can't take criticism. Thirdly, if no GM replies, then that means you guys fail even more.

This game is one of the best free mmorpgs out there, with so much potential, but all wasted.

1. Pvp system sucks. There is no motivation to go out there to pvp. Everything about the system screams BUY DOLLS BUY DOLLS. If you don't buy dolls during a pvp war you become a carebear. At least input a rank system where you get certain amount of points based on how much other player has. And with that rank, you can go and buy rank gear. (ok, i'm going to speculate about something. personally, i'm against one-shot pvp classes. you should be able to fight it out and have a generally long fight. The ones that go by quickly really dont' take skill and is done so with the click of a button and is a matter of equipment. Now the reason why I think PW developers did this is so that people die faster, thus burning more dolls, equals more money for them. I wish damage was dumbed down, crit rate reduced per point of dex and just let fights last longer putting in an aspect called SKILL.)
2. the pvp list on the site is a joke. It is easily rigged and whatnot. input x points y player gets in z hours.
3. A good business hides the fact that they are trying to make money. YOU, yes YOU GUYS fail completely. I understand that you guys probably have a license agreement with china about what types of coding you can do, but at least come up with better events at the same time. The past ones have all failed miserably at being even close to "fun".
4. How many years has this game been out? fix the trees and hands texture please and most of all, FIX THE DAMN HILL/MOUNTAIN GLITCH. It is immensely annoying to see yourself glitching down a mountain or hill while pvping, or anything. (edit: ok, i have no info on how hard this is to fix, was out of place for me to rant on this, but still keeping it here)
5. Stop implementing new money sucking things until you fix everything that's in the game. WHAT THE **** HAPPENED TO THE ARENA? Do big guilds have to wait a whole week to get 2 hours of decent pvp in TW where if you don't have a good computer it's just lag hell? (same as above)
6. Where the heck has the skill balancing gone to? This game makes a heck a lot of money, go out and hire a balacing skill team and let's see some patches man.
7. Finally, if you really have a license agreement with china, please just remove the suggestion box thread because it means nothing to you and it's just an insult to us players who actually bother posting there.
8. Gm system=sucks. only "I'm stuck" option. get real.
9. TW system can be improved. once 1 or 2 guilds own half of the land, TW is done for all other guilds. Those 1 or 2 big powers will just slowly take all other lands at their own free will and only a very, very, very small chance will there be opposition.
9. Make a thread called, post here and we will send these suggestions to PW company and china and we'll talk about it. That's better ******** than the suggestion box.

my ranting is done for now. more to come later.

Edit: ah yes, please reply, add on, or disagree with me on some of these points. thanks in advance
Post edited by Asgenar - Lost City on

Comments

• Asgenar - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    no one has anything to say after 30+ views? :-( I'm hurtb:sad
  • Silentcow - Sanctuary
    Silentcow - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Amen! Finnally someone that see the bad sides off the game!
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I do agree with most of what u said, let me repost some things that i want to elborate on:

PVP does suck, the main reason im playing on HT server. (waste of time and money and has no rewards only penalties and cause drama)

Events: post 3 ideas in the forums and ask players to suggest a 4th, then let the community vote which to use.

Gm button "I'm stuck" = chinglish for "i have a problem, help me" correct the freaking translation already!!! every time i see a "can a GM pm me please" in worldchat i kill a kitten for real!

Hand textures are BUTT UGLYYYYYYYYYY its such a contrast from having such pretty custom faces to such disgustingly ugly hands (elbows are also stupid)

The suggestion system is a total farce, things the game could really benefit from like
    a) "snap to" options for []players []enemy []npc
    b) increase the zoom out distance (this is incredibly easy to "fix" but nothing is done)
    Give feedback from china, are we really wasting our time with suggestions?
    In other mmos there is usually one suggestion per week chosen to send to dev's and their responses is posted a few weeks later, can we please have something like that?

Bring back the arena, how do you expect us to prepare for GVG TW ??
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm not a GM, but I read the suggestions forum. I'm pretty sure Dvorak does, too, and he is an Administrator.

I would, however, be grateful if you never assume X is an easy fix. I'm not allowed to poke too far into the game's code, same as any other player, but I do some coding in a few different languages (very poorly) and design artwork myself. There are a lot of things that look like they'd be easy to change, but really, really aren't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asgenar - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »
    I'm not a GM, but I read the suggestions forum. I'm pretty sure Dvorak does, too, and he is an Administrator.

I would, however, be grateful if you never assume X is an easy fix. I'm not allowed to poke too far into the game's code, same as any other player, but I do some coding in a few different languages (very poorly) and design artwork myself. There are a lot of things that look like they'd be easy to change, but really, really aren't.

looking again at my post, I may have said some things out of line, but I still wouldnt' change anything on there. More things that can be added is a "follow" or "assist person" hotkey. that's something minor, but still would help. I see that you chose one small part of my post to talk about, but ignored the general picture. Please address the part about the license agreement so I'll know whether or not to even continue this thread.

P.S. The part about balancing the game, seriously, get a team to fix up fist/blade warriors, because they suck endgame when everyone respecs to minimum str for weapons/heavy armor and rest into dex. There's nothing special about fists anymore when other weapons do more damage. what is the deal with the phoenix? Honestly, that thing just screams MONEY MONEY MONEY! don't remove it later with a different patch. Fix bleed and work from the bottom up.
  • dragondann
    dragondann Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Harsh,, but I completely agree, this international version just rolls out the cash items at a rate greater than on my former Malaysia server, and now this Cash shop pheonix is the icing in the cake. A pet that only the welthy can buy, and it can solo any class in the game, even higher levels, no help from the Veno necessary. And PWI suggests that you can enjoy all aspects of the game, free. They should direct people to the former servers and show what a stupid waste of time it is to spend a single red cent on any class besides the Veno and a Pheonix cash shop pet. Cause unless you love being slottered helplessly, this game is not free, and you cannot be anything but a pheonix wielding Venomancer if you want to win in pvp.
    edited December 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »

*foreword*
    I know PWI are not allowed to change code, but you can request changes from china right?

There is SEVERAL guides on the net showing you how to hex the compiled file to allow for much more zoom. Of course this is illegal *gasp* and will get you banned but for the sake of argument its relevant.

From the compiled version its easy to see how they change a jnz to a jmp, meaning instead of doing a comparison before jumping to the next section of code, it just goes. In source code this would mean there is a IF then else statement that compares current zoom setting vs the max setting (should be a constant somewhere). You said you yourself did some coding, how hard is it to change: const maxzoom = 30; to const maxzoom = 100; and recompile the code?

I also did coding for 3 years and I do beleive that I know a lil of what I'm talking about.
    Generally I'm not running my mouth over assumptions here on the forums.
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    dragondann wrote: »
    Harsh,, but I completely agree, this international version just rolls out the cash items at a rate greater than on my former Malaysia server, and now this Cash shop pheonix is the icing in the cake. A pet that only the welthy can buy, and it can solo any class in the game, even higher levels, no help from the Veno necessary. And PWI suggests that you can enjoy all aspects of the game, free. They should direct people to the former servers and show what a stupid waste of time it is to spend a single red cent on any class besides the Veno and a Pheonix cash shop pet. Cause unless you love being slottered helplessly, this game is not free, and you cannot be anything but a pheonix wielding Venomancer if you want to win in pvp.

well they are located in america

americas econamy is well

i dont want to get too political here so i wont get too much into why that is

but it is all the same crappy

so its not to be surprised they would ask for more in the cash shop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    I'm wondering why this is in the "suggestions" forum.

This post is adressing some shortcomings of the game as a whole and was never intended to be taken as suggestions. In fact this post is asking the question "what happend to all the sugestions we made sofar??"

I suggested snap to / hand textures / zoom/ Tw domination and many others AGES ago and all that happened was the posts got buried under new suggestions.
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Here's another thing: De-aggro patrolling bosses.

Seriously, getting killed in two hits because Khewy sneaked up behind me whilst in the middle of fighting something else is not funny.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Asgenar - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Here's another thing: De-aggro patrolling bosses.

Seriously, getting killed in two hits because Khewy sneaked up behind me whilst in the middle of fighting something else is not funny.

Personally, this is not an issue. Some bosses patrol with the purpose of aggroing unsuspected players. Some bosses aggro, some don't. just be careful, not an important problem.
  • Asgenar - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    I'm wondering why this is in the "suggestions" forum.

This post is adressing some shortcomings of the game as a whole and was never intended to be taken as suggestions. In fact this post is asking the question "what happend to all the sugestions we made sofar??"

I suggested snap to / hand textures / zoom/ Tw domination and many others AGES ago and all that happened was the posts got buried under new suggestions.

I agree. I did not intend for this thread to be filled with petty complaints of things that do not affect the general picture. There are much more important aspects of the game that can be fixed. please don't leave this topic here. I want this to be discussed, not a thread where people just slap on their problems. Please move this back to the general discussion area or else i'll be forced to copy and paste it myself.
  • Monfang - Sanctuary
    Monfang - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The only real way you can get China's attention is to protest the game.

Ether that or find a way to show that the changes would be benifishal and can make them money.
  • XBaelx - Lost City
    XBaelx - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Totally agree PvP here is the worst junk i've ever witnessed oh sure you can PvP lose every damn piece of **** you own or you can cash shop to win love it...
    So now i let the morons kill me and its so much easier.. i lose nothing and get a free port home haha some PvP that is i'd actually fight back if i thought it was worth it and not lose all my cash shop stuff but no...

Arenas heh just wait they'll sell cash shop tickets to enter or you need 999999 of this item to use them slowly i feel i'm losing interest in this ****...
  • demonicka
    demonicka Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    They don't even want to bother to give us proper access to our account information so that we can view or change it like much worse mmorpgs's give.

why should i charge money to an account i have no control over?

point in hand, i doubt they give a damn about their players.

and for someone willing to spend 100$ + a month on this game, i think i'll just go to WOW and use the extra money to buy gold or get plvled. Thanks for the care PWI. Hell even Silkroad online is looking more attractive than this game right now.
  • waffl3ookie
    waffl3ookie Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    demonicka wrote: »
    They don't even want to bother to give us proper access to our account information so that we can view or change it like much worse mmorpgs's give.

why should i charge money to an account i have no control over?

point in hand, i doubt they give a damn about their players.

and for someone willing to spend 100$ + a month on this game, i think i'll just go to WOW and use the extra money to buy gold or get plvled. Thanks for the care PWI. Hell even Silkroad online is looking more attractive than this game right now.
    Good go, don't want people like you here if your going to continue bitching about all the shortfalls saying that WOW and Silkroad are better then go play them.
  • demonicka
    demonicka Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Good go, don't want people like you here if your going to continue bitching about all the shortfalls saying that WOW and Silkroad are better then go play them.

wait, so you ignore the whole concept of the post and go straight for the part where i say other games are looking more attractive? I said they're looking more attractive because they actually give me some form of control over my own account, i can actually change the registered email and such without going through technical support in those games.

every freaking online service from forums to mmo's offer more control over your own account than PWI does. it's a normal thing. it's a logic thing. it's a given, it's not even something that should be suggested since it should already be there.

did you even read why i said they're looking more attractive, or are you just being a fanboy? i've noticed your responses on a whole bunch of topics seem to be defending PWI no matter how logical or good the suggestion is.... do you work for PWI?

yeah enjoy your attitude.
  • LadyTwilight - Sanctuary
    LadyTwilight - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    A little off-topic, but if anyone has played Lunia, you would know that Lunia was taken over by a new company in the U.S and shortly after, the game failed miserably, because they neglected to fix the issues and just kept on adding cash shop items claiming, "We need the money to do the fixes"

This is exactly whats happening to PWI, as soon as you take something from china and use it in the U.S, it's ruined.

Take a look at other versions of PW, they got lower cash shop prices, lots of cash shop items, not extreme bugs and all that ****. I agree with Ocane, America's economy is humiliating.

You know, if half the americans these days spent more for teachers and such and less on entertainment business, then people would be SMART enough to fix these problems. Then again without entertainment, there would be no pw, but anyways....

I'm sure it's err "difficult" to fix codes and ****, but if PWI is under china, why are they 700 patches ahead of us? If PWI wants a thriving industry in america, they need to demand to be caught up with the rest of the versions.

Maybe instead of thinking up new cash shop items and crappy events to put in, then crush our hopes with, how about they start working on the bugs, glitches, and all that ****. If they don't, they're simply going to crumble just like Lunia did.. b:angry
  • Auraelia - Lost City
    Auraelia - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Sheesh!

Take more exp scroll candy. b:surrender
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The annoying part of the “suggestion box” is that we do not have any updates or procedures to process and/or develop/upgrade/approve our suggestions.

Developers find a tread full of good/incomplete and silly ideas from players. What we should do as players is to make our process to select and develop these ideas in a way that we only post what we have screened as good.

Then, we can blame developers if they don’t hear our ideas.

Let’s say, we make a tread for a week in which we allow everybody to post suggestions. After that, we close the tread and make poll in which we select 50% of those ideas.

Later, we debate those suggestions and repeat the process as many times until we get a workable and agreed number of ideas and after we select a committee that we develop those ideas into real workable suggestions for developers.

What do you think?
  • Kiani - Dreamweaver
    Kiani - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This is a good game......but there are some things I really don't like about it.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Kiani please do not necro old threads like this.

[CLOSED]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.