Reputation Difficulties

Shyriena - Sanctuary
Shyriena - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
I am almost level 60 (59 with 89.2% experience) Currently I am rank 2 and have 1453 reputation. I can get the level 60 rank 2 belt. But I am confused as to how I, at level 60, am supposed to feasibly obtain the level 60 Rank armor set. In order to obtain the level 60 rank armor set I need to obtain rank 4. I get a belt and ring at rank 2. I believe I get a set of heavy leggings at rank 3, I am not 100% sure. But from what I have seen, there is still level 60 armor offered at rank 4. I am sorry but I do not feasibly see any reasonable way to obtain rank 4 at anywhere near level 60. Rank 4 requires level 60 and 5000 Reputation. That is very unbalanced. Personally I feel you have the total amount of reputation too high for the appropriate level.

I believe 2500 rep should go with level 60 not level 50.

5000 rep should be for level 70.

I think the rank armor for level 60 should all be moved to rank 3. 2500 rep is still hard for a level 60 to get. 5000 is impossible.

To obtain 5000 reputation anywhere near level 60 is almost impossible. since almost everything you do to get rank also earns you experience. (Other than equipment trading) Killing the monsters, doing the FB runs, and doing the quests all earn experience. Even getting darkness stamps earns you experience if you kill the monsters yourself and do not buy the stamps from other players. That being said it is obvious that when you finally have the reputation, you are already way past level 60.

Is there a reason these numbers are so high?

Have the GM's considered this much? If so, what is the reason the numbers are so high? What was the reasoning behind this?

Please, I love the game but this is a problem that is hard to overcome.

Severely frustrated at this b:cry

Please help me with this, I cant do it alone... b:surrender b:surrender

Shyriena of Sanctuary
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sometimes you just have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down.b:pleased
Post edited by Shyriena - Sanctuary on

Comments

• WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I was wondering myself the same thing. hmm...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Rank 8 military gear requires 200k rep.
    Also, do ALOT of FBs and Wraith Attacks. FBs give you rep for each run. wraith attacks can drop dog tags.
    And have you seen these armors/weapons? IS NICE :D
    If you are worried about getting exp and rank at the same time, just die every so often xD
    Back.
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Level 60 (Curse you stupid avatar x.x) and 1786 Rep.

I think that the rep difficulty could be PW's sneaky way of pushing the high levels into FBs, as you supposedly get a good amount there (cant say for sure, the only lower FB I've done so far is an untabbed solo on 19).

But it would make sense, because once the first "batch" of high levels made it through their FBs, they could help the next lot with their FBs, then they could help the next.. etc.

Again, it's just a theory, for all I know we could have completely missed another way to get rep b:surrender

EDIT: ^ Whaddya know, it is about the FBs! Yay?
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    its just a huge ploy so wedding candies when they are in cash shop sell like hot cakes
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    I've heard of a lvl 9X, now 1XX Archer thats been playing for 2 years and still does not have 200k rep. So it's difficult =[
    Back.
  • Shyriena - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008

I think that the rep difficulty could be PW's sneaky way of pushing the high levels into FBs, as you supposedly get a good amount there (cant say for sure, the only lower FB I've done so far is an untabbed solo on 19).

But it would make sense, because once the first "batch" of high levels made it through their FBs, they could help the next lot with their FBs, then they could help the next.. etc.

Again, it's just a theory, for all I know we could have completely missed another way to get rep b:surrender

EDIT: ^ Whaddya know, it is about the FBs! Yay?

Yes, helping FB out would be of interest to the developers, so that the newer players do not get frustrated and leave because they cannot get any help. However, as stated above, Each of the FB runs grant EXP along with the Reputation. So this will still unbalance you. Making you level up to way above 60 before you can even possibly get rank 4. Most likely you will be in your mid 70's or higher.

Shyriena of Sanctuary
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sometimes you just have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down.b:pleased
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Yes, helping FB out would be of interest to the developers, so that the newer players do not get frustrated and leave because they cannot get any help. However, as stated above, Each of the FB runs grant EXP along with the Reputation. So this will still unbalance you. Making you level up to way above 60 before you can even possibly get rank 4. Most likely you will be in your mid 70's or higher.

Shyriena of Sanctuary

As i said, purposely die to lose exp if you REALLY want to hit 60 with the required rep.
    Back.
  • NecroVaL - Heavens Tear
    NecroVaL - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Its possible to hit lvl 60 with at least 2.5 to 4k reputation...
    I have guild member/friends who are about lvl 58 with more than 3k reputation. Perhaps alot of one-man quest or FBs to be done.
    Well, I'm about lv 46 now, but have more than 2k reputation, so I don't seem a purpose why some cant.... ^^
    Of course, alot of one-man quest need to be done...
  • MistresShade - Sanctuary
    MistresShade - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I have guild member/friends who are about lvl 58 with more than 3k reputation. Perhaps alot of one-man quest or FBs to be done.
    Well, I'm about lv 46 now, but have more than 2k reputation, so I don't seem a purpose why some cant.... ^^

Wow, do you die alot too? I am lvl 57 and still don't quite ahve 1500 rep, and it really frustrates me too. I've seen some of the higher rank stuff, and I gotta say it is awesome, but also gaining rep is a real pain. Especailly when I gained alot of lvls just from doing my quests during the experiance event. (by alot I mean at least 10, don't remember tha exact amount)
    I am the biggest hypocrit you will ever see or hear, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Greed destroys even the tightest of bonds
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    this is embarassin but @ level 75 i am still 500 rep away from 5k rep...unless you continuously do fbs and one man army quests, its going to be a while before you get those rep points. also, i didn't start doin fb runs till lvl60s so that might have affected my slow progress.b:cute
  • NecroVaL - Heavens Tear
    NecroVaL - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I did lots of one-man quest since low level...
    By the time when I reach lvl 30 (for Rank 1), I have more than 600 reputation...
    Can say more or less I did most one-man quest during lvl 40 onwards. Due to that there's very little quest around that level, perhaps not more than 3, hence most of the time, I did the one-man quest to level... As even Crazy Stone quest is not enough to lvl...
    Maybe I'm lucky, till now I never died... Unless pet :p
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Most people dont worry about rep until they are 9x because rank 8 is usually the final goal for people and rep farming parties form at 9x. Originally one could farm signets from fb89 continuously for rep and also buy wedding candies from the cash shop on the side. But with the fb89 signet drop rate completely nerfed (havent seen one yet) the only way to obtain rank8(200k rep) would to be buy a ridiculous amount of wedding candies from the cash shop. This turns me off from even bothering about rep because someone I know who does fb's non-stop day in day out only has 10k rep.
  • XBaelx - Lost City
    XBaelx - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Rep = waste of time and effort
    By the time you reach whatever rep your chasing the items you get are useless too you bit like the Dragon Quests in my opinion both out dated and useless side stuff that's badly designed...

Both in my opinion needs a overhaul and i doubt they will get one because the cash shop is all that appears to be important too PWI staff.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    By the time you reach whatever rep your chasing the items you get are useless too you bit like the Dragon Quests in my opinion both out dated and useless side stuff that's badly designed...

Both in my opinion needs a overhaul and i doubt they will get one because the cash shop is all that appears to be important too PWI staff.

its just that, you know, rep gets you the best gear in the game.

200k rep for 2 red star filled weapons/armor? Yes please!
    Back.
  • IWageWars - Heavens Tear
    IWageWars - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Always do One Man Armies, Wraith attacks, FBs, Anything that can possiably give Rep do it, On my 6x I have 2k Rep.
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Is rep even worth getting in the first place? It takes tremendous work keeping your rank gear halfway up to your level (I am L61 and only Rank 2, meaning I can't even wear the L50 rank gear yet). The rank gear I have seen is nice and all, but I wouldn't farm reputation like mad for it either... Or is the high end rank gear really that spectactular, then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    the rank 8 is that spectacular
  • Celebren - Heavens Tear
    Celebren - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2008

101% agreed
    in lower lvls the equipment you get from rank, DQ and Cultivation / challenge quests is in 99% worthless i.e.

my rank 1 equipment i sold to npc cause 4 lvl before i got from normal mob-drop better one
    lvl 47 challenge quest = killing suzerix the bow you get is much too low for this lvl. you are near lvl 7 gear to wear and get a lvl 5 bow thats so ridicolous

@ topic

to get enough rep for rank is hard - one mans, fbs, wraith events - lots of times to do. And in lower lvls what you get is quite worthless. So i meanwhile also dont care about rep and for sure i dont buy items from cash shop to increase my rep. Before this would happen i would leave the game
    justice might be blind - but i also see in darkness
  • XCloudStrife - Heavens Tear
    XCloudStrife - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    One of my guildmates found a somewhat solution to this problem. He's having another guildmate pull him through those reputation-grabbing one-man army quests. He's level 8 and had more than enough reputation for rank 1 already.
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    2 ways to get REP

1 - rep candy (From cash shop, NYI)
    2 - fb stamp farming (REMOVED from droplist like 2 months ago)

i suggest keep lvling ,and get rep as u lvl, ull get to 5000 at 75+ or so if u do fbs with tablets once in a while :)
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • XCloudStrife - Heavens Tear
    XCloudStrife - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    2 ways to get REP

i suggest keep lvling ,and get rep as u lvl, ull get to 5000 at 75+ or so if u do fbs with tablets once in a while :)

The stamps weren't removed. They're just REALLY rare. I ran a 19 last week and one dropped. But random distribution gave it to the tabholder who has very little use for it.

And you neglected to mention the Wraith Army encounters. They drop the dog tags randomly which gives Rep. if you turn it in to the Commander-in-Chief near General Summers.
  • Erinis - Heavens Tear
    Erinis - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I am about to ding 74 on my cleric and did lots of wraith attacks, FBs, one man army quests and scroll quests, but still have only around 3200 rep and on lvl 80 probably hit 3500+ but need 35k rep for lvl 80 rank gear b:cry
  • Larkel - Heavens Tear
    Larkel - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, I just reached rank 2 at level 50. Well, actually it was just a bit before and I feel like I am so behind. I did everything I could, as well as going after the wraiths.

If the items were a bit better, that would be cool. Because I got spoiled with the rank I, getting all that armor. Finally got to rank II. Thought I was going to get another suit, so I didn't bother buying anything. Would have been nice. I didn't even go after the belt, because someone told me mine was better. Where's the awesomes armor!?!?!?b:cry

I say this because even if the numbers are off.. It still isn't going to matter, because not much to get anyway, but your badge. Well, besides when you get higher level.. I see.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I think a lot of people in this thread don't get the point. Let me see if I can clarify a bit.

Nobody cares about rank 1-4 at all. Above that, a lot of people don't care until they get to rank 8 (though some classes get a decent weapon before that).

Don't say that you shouldn't worry about rep at level 30 because the rank 2 stuff is bad. If you want to have high rep and endgame, you might as well start working on it now, while you can do it without a full party.

Edit: forgot to mention people who use the rank armor for pk since it doesn't drop when you die. People use it for that too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shyriena - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    After awhile I go back and reread my posts to check for activity. This post got a lot, and from what I read, people seem to agree, Rank (The gear you get from it) is unbalanced.

I have heard people say, Die a lot, that will keep your level and rank in balance. Um What kind of person would truly want to die to purposely lose Experience points they worked hard to get to fix the problem of rank/level game balance? That really was a feeble attempt to solve the issue.

I believe the game company needs to take a good look at the rank equipment required level with the required rank to get it and please try to balance this out so that it can be achievable for us. If rank is meant to be hard to get I understand that. And that is fine, but to make the level 60 armor rank 4, when most people will not get rank 4 till they are 75+ makes the armor realistically useless. By the time they can use the nice rank armor, the normal 1 star armor their level is way better.

Anyhow I hope they take a look at this and give it some more thought.

Shyriena of Sanctuary
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    2 ways to get REP

FB stamps werent removed and as stated they do seem to drop less. But i found found fb 59 a great place to farm for stamps. Even wined if I kill all the monsters left I usually get 2-3 stamps. Unwined though lengthy I get alot more lol.

Maybe they left fb 59 unnerfed because noone will run it without wine lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Shyriena - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    2 ways to get REP

Question. where is this candy you all speak of? I cant find it in the boutique. The only thing I can think of is from the bride or bridegroom packs. Everything else I see is just fireworks. I do not see the candy at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The candies are not yet implemented on this version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Heleina - Sanctuary
    Heleina - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I wonder how everyone else reputation stacks up. Maybe they should have rankings for reputation too.
  • Image - Lost City
    Image - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I wonder how everyone else reputation stacks up. Maybe they should have rankings for reputation too.

b:thanks

been saying this awhile myself of having top 50 rep

happen to know the highest rep in sanct or heaven tear and how much?
This discussion has been closed.