How big is Perfect World's world?

littleq
littleq Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Is the map shown by pressing 'M' the entire world? Hope that is not the case, otherwise it would be disappointingly small to me.
Post edited by littleq on

Comments

• Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Yes it is, but the door icons represent dungeons, which are huge as well. Also, that map is bigger than you think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • littleq
    edited December 2008
    Glad to know about it. I'm still very new to the game. I like exploring new areas so the world size worried me a little.
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It takes about 30-45 minutes to get from the bottom most part to the northern most part. Looks are decievingb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Once you hit level 70 and start doing your daily world quest, you'll wish the world was smaller b:sad
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • littleq
    edited December 2008
    What is this world daily quest? Run across the entire world everyday?
  • littleq
    edited December 2008
    Another question is how does the world grow in this game? I mean for a new expansion, it only pushes out some new instances? There is never a new zone?
  • Chloe - Heavens Tear
    Chloe - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well we've only had 1 expansion so far and I'm still not sure how the new area works.
  • littleq
    edited December 2008
    I'm from WOW. I like its feeling of exploring the game world. This game chooses to reveal everything at the very beginning, which makes the exploration less exciting for me.
  • BKcHatrred - Sanctuary
    BKcHatrred - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    the "M" is just the mainland of PW. Actually there are more areas which aren't avairable yet. There are more come with PW, but just don't know when....
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Simple - freakin' enormous. b:victory
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The world quest is basically a "Find NPC in this village/city" and makes you travel in a circle around the entire map, except for the frostcovered lands. I don't use teleports for the most part to save $$, and it takes about 1.5 hours to complete every day.

Here's a listing of all the instances in PW. They have different names, but other than that they look the same (link)
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RayRayQ - Heavens Tear
    RayRayQ - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thanks for all your responses. Another thing about this game is its monster population seems rather low to me. I guess the reason is to make farming more difficult. The game's terrain has not many variations. For example, I haven't encountered one cave up till lvl 20. Everything is plainly outdoor. And all houses are closed.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thanks for all your responses. Another thing about this game is its monster population seems rather low to me. I guess the reason is to make farming more difficult. The game's terrain has not many variations. For example, I haven't encountered one cave up till lvl 20. And all houses are closed.

have you not done your FB 19 spiritual Cultivation thats inside a cave...
  • RayRayQ - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    That's great. I can't wait to try FB 19 now.
  • Evancer - Heavens Tear
    Evancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thanks for all your responses. Another thing about this game is its monster population seems rather low to me. I guess the reason is to make farming more difficult. The game's terrain has not many variations. For example, I haven't encountered one cave up till lvl 20. Everything is plainly outdoor. And all houses are closed.

Yeah, I always liked that you could enter many of the houses and buildings in EQ, DDO, and WoW. Not too many of those in this game, unless you count that Tower near Archosaur, and the Spanish courtyard-esque areas.

By the by, just to reiterate what everyone else has already said... PW is huge. Freakin' huge. Ginormous. Really, really big. "Pack a lunch if you're going to run from one end to the other" LARGE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Let's just pretend I said something clever in response and leave it at that..."
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It's so big it can hold Steven Spielberg's ego.
    Think about it.
    Back.
  • RayRayQ - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    These are all great news. Can't wait to explore more about this world. See you guys in the game!
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    There are also 2 semi large areas for people who reach level 89, heaven and hell world.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The best part about it is that not only is the world fairly large by MMO standards..... it's also seamless, no waiting for load times in between areas like most other MMOs(the only exception would be when entering or exiting a dungeon).