Animations

nightyne
nightyne Posts: 344 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Suggestion Box
Maybe it is just lag but one thing I find annoying is when you attack say with a wizard or an archer the damage shows...or items drop...or the enemy dies before you have hit.
The animation of firing an arrow or casting a spell is behind the result.
This game is almost perfect but that part is annoying and I suspect may be due to overloading on the servers or something like that.
Of course like all the other players on PW I wish we could have a targeting system other than just clicking with the mouse.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zelwart
    zelwart Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I agree, this lag with the animations has gotten me on the last nerve when it comes to fighting more than one monster. My reaction time is sadly better than the combat's, and when it comes to a cleric class that needs quick fingers to cast the right spell at the right time it's just a plain failure and a loss of my experience whenever this horrible lag kicks in.

If I would have to give an example a perfect one would be world of warcraft's (sorry) combat system. If you move, that breaks your concentration and immediately cancels the spell or move being casted. If you decide in a split second to cast something different in the middle of another spell, it cancels on the first press, and on the second press it casts the spell you just decided to change to. Perfect world may just be near the bottom when it comes to combat response.

So I really appreciate this whole expansion but please stop with the content and work on the game itself. Whatever it takes, the combat lag needs to go away.
  • Dark_Zodiac - Sanctuary
    Dark_Zodiac - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well....

Another thing also, is ...

(I dont know if this is lagg as well, but i definitely dont think so becuz of my PCb:cool)

When you reach the top of a mountain...lets say Volcanic Purgatory...when you try to jump down, sometimes while mid-air, you return back to the place where you jumpedb:sad. Which forces me to try and jump a 3 or 4 times more just to get down.

An HP BlackBird 002 Owner
    >>>>>
    Intel Quad Core 2
    Dual NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT (total - 1024 MB)
    4 GB RAM
    500 GB HDD
    Genuine Windows Vista Ultimate
  • Monfang - Sanctuary
    Monfang - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well thats the problem with a free game. You don't really have the constent stream of funding for fixing problems or the people to fix it.

Warcraft is able to do this with their Dollar a Day pay system.

But, I too would prefer if they focus less on content and more on the basics.