Weekly Maintenances

Anira_jhol - Sanctuary
Anira_jhol - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Support Desk
These weekly maintenaces are really becoming an annoyance. Especially when in middle of a quest, when you have to kill so many mobs for something or other. And you have already killed a certain amount of the the specified mobs, then when you come back from this annoying shutdowns for maintenance you've lost the quest, which makes you have to go all the way back to the NPC to acquire the quest again.

This is the third time it's happened to me.

And why is these maintenances always this time at night? I'ts 2am Eastern here...and every maintenance I've had to endure has always been around this same time. Why can't you do some of these maintenances at...oh let's say 8am Eastern time?

Let us have a break from having to wait 2 hours or longer to play the game again. Night time is the only time I get play the game, and when you shutdown for these maintenances, I then have to wait until the next night as many others have to do as well just to play the game. Many of us are getting quite tired of this.

Not to mention, you're not making things better by doing these weekly maintenances...especially when I have seen the game get worse since the first update after Halloween. That's a bad thing...and if you're not going to listen to your clienteles complaints, then your game will only go downhill, and eventually you'll have no one to play it...therefore you'll not make any profit from it.
Post edited by Anira_jhol - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    then just dont do quests before maint. and they have to make maint and be happy that they dun make maint every day like my old game did. i always look forward maints and i wanna see what new they will add to game b:victory

and there is no time for maint thats good for everyone so just deal with it
  • Anira_jhol - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    First off I don't know when maintenances are til they announce them across the screen. Game gets too laggy if I keep browser open...so I rarely go on the browser. So, I'm already in the middle of a particularly long quest.

I'm not saying to not do the maintenances, just saying they could atleast change the times of when they do them. Give us a break from them sometimes. They can do them like I said 8am Eastern time...it would give those of us who can only play the game at this time a break from having to wait the 2 or more hours. It's just not quite fair to us, because we don't get to play, then we lose the quests we already have in our quest logs, etc...
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The maintainence is always at this time for 2 hours every week on the same day. Tuesday night 11pm to 1am PST.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stessia - Sanctuary
    Stessia - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    2 hrs.?!? *sighs heavily* Oookaaaay...that bites...

One hr. down...one more to go...XD
    Pew!! Pew!! <
    sound FXs when i kill *nods* ^^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Don't put random **** in your mouth". b:chuckle

-- Richor (Sanctuary)

"Barbs are mainly for the monsters to hammer on, so the others don't get killed" b:laugh

-- Anwynd
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    for me the maintenance it at 8am (means I can ply for 30 mins) :)
    I think the majority of players (probably from us) is going to sleep around 11pm because they have to go to school or work the next day...
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • aryannamage
    edited December 2008
    Probably I know there is always at least one GM (Kantorek) who stays up every week till about 2am his time just to make sure the patch is done in a timely manner and everyone can log on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anira_jhol - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Surprisingly...it did say for 1 hour on my screen when it announced it. But it's now been an hour and it still won't allow me to log back in yet. But still...they should change the hours sometimes...because some of us would really like to play for more than 15-20 minutes you know....

It really does byte...and it tends to anger people...especially when they take quests from you that you'v already started. That's just not fair.

Last time, I had a quest in my quest log...thought I'd just do it the next day...only when I came on the next day...it was gone out of my quest log...just disappeared. So I returned to the NPC and acquired it again...then went on to do another quest I had picked up...only for that same quest they took from me...to be taken again while I was in the middle of killing mobs for my other quest...making me have to return to that NPC yet again to acquire it.

So no...these weekly updates since Halloween have not been any good....therefore...what is the sense if they are only making it worse?
    edited December 2008
    have you ever tried running your pc for a month without rebooting?
    If I don't restart mine at least once every 48 hours nothing works good. (yah maybe it's now the newest but enough to play on highest details :) )

...imagine they would include tons of changes in one huge patch from time to time.. It was already a long wait when I first installed pw...

and as far as I know, nearly every mmorpg has a weekly maintenance; always at the same time.

I'm waiting to play again, that's why I'm posting so much^^;
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anira_jhol - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Um yeah....every night I log off...and I shut down my pc fully. My pc NEVER stays on. I do weekly cleanups as well as virus checks etc...on my pc. And my pc is also a fairly new one...so no it is not my pc. And considering I am not the only one with this same problem, it has to be the game.

Not to mention the accelerate button in our controls...has never worked. And that is not just for me...three other of my friends on here has the same problems. And this has not even been fixed yet...it has never worked since I started playing this game nearly 6 months ago. So...yeah where's the good in these maintenances?
  • aryannamage
    edited December 2008
    Servers are up. Thank you for being patient.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    no sorry I meant you reboot your pc regulary, and it has to be done with the servers, too :)
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.