O.o Basic Blademaster Guide o.O

XangChi - Heavens Tear
XangChi - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Blademaster
O.o Basic Blademaster Guide o.O

STATS: Starts are the distrabution of points between Strength (STR) / Dexterity (DEX) / Vitality (VIT) / Magic (MAG).

Note:: Blademasters DO NOT use magic in there builds! (Just clearing that up now.)

Axe / Hammer Build:
Every two Levels: 6 STR / 3 DEX / 1 VIT (Capping VIT at 50 - Then adding 6 STR / 4 DEX)

Heavy armor Build: (suggested for any weapon other then Axe / Hammer)
Every two Levels: 5 STR / 4 DEX / 1 VIT (Capping VIT at 50 - Then adding 5 STR / 5 DEX)
Note:: Spear users MUST follow this build to meet there STR requirements to use a Spear Class Weapon.

Light Armor "Single Blade": (not recommended)
Every two Levels: 4 STR / 5 DEX / 1 VIT (Capping VIT at 50 - Then adding 10 DEX)
Note:: This Blademaster is a DEX build!

Light Armor Fist: (huge debate here weather Light Armor or Heavy Armor Fist users are superior.)
Every two Levels: 3 STR / 6 DEX / 1 VIT (Capping VIT at 50 - Then adding 10 DEX)

SKILLS: Skills are your Special Attacks. Each different type of Blademaster may require different skills to be sucessful, but here are the basics when choosing a skill for your Blademaster.

Keep your Buffs MAXED at all times:

Aura of the Golden Bell
Alter Marrow Magical
Alter Marrow Physical
Diamond Sutra
Weapon Mastery (depending on what weapon you choose)

Regardless of your weapon type, Keep Aeolian Blade MAXED!!

MAX all of your chosen weapon tree skills!

All other skills are debatable based on your play style and the type of BM you are making. (ie. Strength Based / Dexterity Based)

Demon and Sage skills are based on if you are going PvP or PvE at late game.

Demon is usually used for PvP builds.
Sage is usually used for PvE builds.

I hope that this guide to a very basic Blademaster helps many of you out. Most of the information found here was obtained from other Threads posted on the fourms here. If anyone has any suggestion on changes or any information to be added, please let me know. Thanks!
Post edited by XangChi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    There are 1 or 2 guides about this already.
  • XangChi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    LOL!! then why are we getting so many people asking "what skills do i need?" and "what should my stats be?"

I know there are many Blademaster guides out there but this is a basic guide to help those that don't take the time to read every different guide. From what I have seen so far, every different guide out there use all the same information posted here but this one is down to the point. Maybe we should make this or another guide a sticky. What do you say GM's? Think we need a Basic Blademaster Sticky?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    LOL!! then why are we getting so many people asking "what skills do i need?" and "what should my stats be?"

Because:

1.- They are noobs, and don't know how to use Search function.
    2.- They are lazy, and don't want to use Search function.
    3.- They use Search function but they see so many topics that they get confused between the data, and since they can't figure it out, they make another topic.
    4.- They simple don't care and make the topic anyways.

Or any mix of the options.
  • XangChi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Thank's for getting to the point, but I think we all knew that. That's why I think we need a sticky.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Well, I don't think it qualifies to be an sticky topic, it needs a lot more of information. You can get an idea by looking at the other topics that got stickied at other forums.
  • XangChi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Do me a favor and re-read my post. Here, I'll even quote it for you.

I know there are many Blademaster guides out there but this is a basic guide to help those that don't take the time to read every different guide. From what I have seen so far, every different guide out there use all the same information posted here but this one is down to the point. Maybe we should make this or another guide a sticky. What do you say GM's? Think we need a Basic Blademaster Sticky?
    Maybe we should make this or another guide a sticky. What do you say GM's? Think we need a Basic Blademaster Sticky?

See that part about "another guide"?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    The others, also do not qualify to be an sticky.

Meh, I'll make one tonight and send a PM to a GM or something.
  • XangChi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Yes please, I know you have a lot or posts on here and you talk like you are well experianced. So you got my vote when it comes to a Blademaster sticky. Thank you in advance.

I just wish we were able to post using html, with frames/tables/and all that funs stuff because I would go crazy and make a guide that would kick but! I'm no web designer but I love messing around with html.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I just have Alter Marrow Physical. I don't see the point in maxing both - but to be honest, I haven't even maxed the Physical yet. I get enough from Clerics DEF buff, and my Aura. Most physical mobs my level, deal 40-70 damage, depending on the mob.
  • XangChi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Yes but if you are AoE grinding or something then say 6 enemies times 40 to 70 equals 240 to 420 damage. But again, any skill is based on how you use it and what you are comfortable with. If level 5 marrow is good enough for you, then great, you saved some sp to use on another skill.