Rare pets v Golem

Options
hellbreaker
hellbreaker Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Venomancer
Hi all i am a lv 30 veno and now i am thinking of the same thing every veno thinks.

is rare pet a better choice??

its so cool to see people with frogs kittens and dogs as combat pet.

by the way i heard some 60++ veno say that golem actually have a better defend and attack comparing to rare pets.

is it true?

by the way the rare pets are so expensive and not every1 in the game can own it..

alot of high lv people are also doing camping at the spot just to wait for the pets to spawn and catch it.

its about 60k per rare pets. is there any other cheaper price for it?
Post edited by hellbreaker on

Comments

• Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Golems are best overall. Good tanks, good attackers. However, for pure tanking, the Shaodu Cub is probably better, this is a rare pet. For pure attacking, you're probably best off with the Petite Sawfly, not a rare pet. I'm excluding cash shop pets here though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Renara - Heavens Tear
    Renara - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    There's an excellent comparison of pet stats at level 90 here: http://www.ecatomb.net/petstat.php

My friends and I chose frogs and love them. Their physical defense and dps are somewhat less than the golem's, but their magic defense is much higher, and they are smaller, faster, and cuter. We found the golem's size to be a constant annoyance; he got in the way of our view and interfered with targeting.

Make no mistake: I'm not claiming the frog is "better" than the golem. Pet selection is a matter of tradeoffs and personal preference. That's why you'll see venomancers out there who chose different pets. One of the cool things about Perfect World is that everyone doesn't have to be the same.
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    also the Windwalking Piggy it's the best air tanker,
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Shaneekwa - Sanctuary
    Shaneekwa - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I always carry 6 pets all diff and all have they're pros and they're cons. Except for water pets. I've never had a need for one. What I think is important are there skills and what pet to use for for each situation. Skills can and are expensive but worth it. I spent well over 1mil to get my gollems skills leveled up not to mention my other pets. Pets die even the pheonix/herc so have backups that are ready to fight at your level. The pheonix/herc may be the big boys on the block right now but that doesn't mean they cant die! If they die then what? Do you have a back up? Do you know how to use the back up? Is it up to the task? Just something to keep in mind, don't depend on just one pet. Keep your options open.

Know your pets.
    Whats they're strong point/s? Whats they're weak points/s?
    Then build skills and your tactics around that and you'll be happy with the pets you have.

Another good thing to remember is to keep the pets at your level. Having a rare pet thats 20 levels lower than you might look cool in town but its a pain trying to keep it alive while fighting a mob and doesn't help one bit. Once a week if needed I level my pets I might not have played as often just to keep them at my level.

Not sure if this is on topic..lol but I hope it helps fill in some gaps.
  • Solky - Lost City
    Solky - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    http://www.ecatomb.net/petstat.php - this should shed some light on the situation :)

So it's usually:

PvE - Crystalline Magmite -> Hercule
    PvP - Petite Sawfly -> Phoenix(also better PvE Magic tanker)
    Be sure to check the Beauty Contest :Db:thanks

I love presents. Give me some =db:thanks
  • Rea - Heavens Tear
    Rea - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Phoenix is better for PvE grinding (no fbs or HH) than hercules.
  • Mezzy - Lost City
    Mezzy - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    The frog is actually a decent magical tank! I don't like the great bear too much because it's annoying to level...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]