Pets

aureus
aureus Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
What are the different kinds of pets out there, and can any class use a pet? Or can only Venos use them?
Or if someone could just point me to a website or thread that explains everything about pets, that would be nice.
Thanks in advance!
Post edited by aureus on

Comments

• Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Venomancers can capture monsters with a 'tamable' icon in their status window. They can then use these to help them fight. Some pet eggs can be made into all-class pets, which makes them usable by all classes, but they don't fight. Only Venomancers can use fighting pets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • mosh
    mosh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well said... :P
    Pain is the name
    PaS - Being 2nd is not an option
  • scarletvail
    scarletvail Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I have a pet that fights but I don't know how to get food for it I have water but my pet likes fruit, meat, grass, and water. No monsters that I kill drop any food and my pets are getting hungry....b:shocked

PLEASE HELP.....b:surrender

Thank you

ScarletVail
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Most pets can just use Water, you can buy that at Pet skill trainers. You said it yourself, the pet you use likes water, why look for something else? Just buy a bunch of pure waters.
    If your pet does NOT like water (like Phoenix and Hercules, the new pets), you'll have to buy the food from other players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Lynzu - Lost City
    Lynzu - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    hmm... it's better if u feed your pet oil... it costs more but your pet's loyalty grows faster (and when its loyal you can start feeding it with water)... he can do more damage and gets more exp.
  • foxrunning
    foxrunning Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I am the newest of all newbies, and i have a million dumb questions.

first of all, how do i feed water to my wolf?

how can i get her to leave the city?...i walk out the door of the lost city, and she just stands in the doorway, or runs back and forth, as if afraid to leave.

FoxRunning
  • Wyrde - Heavens Tear
    Wyrde - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    foxrunning wrote: »
    Right-click the water icon in your bag/inventory. You can also drag the icon to a quickslot and then just hit the corresponding button.
    how can i get her to leave the city?...i walk out the door of the lost city, and she just stands in the doorway, or runs back and forth, as if afraid to leave.
    Hey, it's dangerous out there! Just because you're crazy enough to venture out into the wilderness doesn't mean she is!

Well, okay, you'll have to force her. Dismiss the pet at the gate then summon her on the other side.

-w
  • Besset - Sanctuary
    Besset - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    foxrunning wrote: »
    I am the newest of all newbies, and i have a million dumb questions.

FoxRunning

You give the water to your pet by right clicking on the water that is how you give it to herb:laugh
  • aureus
    aureus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Ok, thanks for the info. I am an experienced MMORPG player, so all the info on how to feed and get the pet to leave, was not a problem for me! lol
    I decided to just go with a Veno, even though I was planning on making my main a male toon. Oh well though. One more question while I'm at it. I noticed in the pet skill tree that there are a few basic elemental skills. Flesh Ream is in that row, even though it isn't elemental. Now, from that, I understand that row of skills to be the basic, lvl1 skills, that a pet can learn. My question is, the water one for example, must a pet be a water element in order to learn that water skill, or does the element of the pet not have an effect on what type of skills it is able to learn?
  • Mico - Sanctuary
    Mico - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    good question! the eleiment doese have something to do with it, i think....
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in geting up every time we do.

-Confucius