lawl >_< gj as usual transcended.
    SkominaMI
    Lost City
    GuardianZ
  • cryucry
    cryucry Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    a much more entertaining video this time around.

looks like a good fight, grats.
  • Deadbone - Lost City
    Deadbone - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    grats for successfully cutting out all your death
    even the 10 times u tried to kill me and failed
  • Shaye - Lost City
    Shaye - Lost City Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Not as interesting as the first, IMO. Maybe because this one includes less actual fighting, and is 90% comprised of Transcend **** individual RQs from behind? (Which is completely fine, don't get me wrong. Just doesn't make for a good video.) Plus he tends to go after the same people again...and again...and again.

Great fight, though. It's really nice to have that kind of a challenge. If RQ were matched with GuardianZ in levels and gears though... it would be ****ing epic. It's fun enough as it is though. Looking forward to next week again. :3
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Plus he tends to go after the same people again...and again...and again.

Is that RQ-speak for "You included three kills on me, one of which was one of the zoomed-in criticals!" ? ^^
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Shaye - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Hey, he killed me in his last video too. That's fine. I'm an easy target, which I realize. I feel like a star! :D

But srsly, look how many times he targets Pandora and...Depren, I think? I had to watch it in crappy quality. :x
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Hey, he killed me in his last video too. That's fine. I'm an easy target, which I realize. I feel like a star! :D

But srsly, look how many times he targets Pandora and...Depren, I think? I had to watch it in crappy quality. :x

You're a co-star in Perfect World: Revenge of the GuardianZ

I don't blame him for the Pandora attacks though. Footage of owning the leader of your enemies + PVP Advantage (Ranged Physical VS Mage) = Get Pandora Now!
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Shaye - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    You're a co-star in Perfect World: Revenge of the GuardianZ

I don't blame him for the Pandora attacks though. Footage of owning the leader of your enemies + PVP Advantage (Ranged Physical VS Mage) = Get Pandora Now!

Revenge of the GuardianZ? LOL. That almost makes it sound sorta non-pathetic. xD

Oh, definitely. Makes sense though, him being so hateable and all.
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    The videos provide insight into playing effectively as an archer in territory wars, because many people who

a) are thinking about playing an archer
    b) are curious about TW gameplay
    c) are curious about GZ or RQ TW gameplay
    d) are curious about 7X TW gameplay

find the videos a useful tool to analyze and draw references from. I've made vids for UL vs Veng and Conq TWs as I've progressed through the levels, both as a way to look back how I've played, as well as give others some references to draw from. Even if we lost, I still made vids to show how I did my best to be as effective as possible.

Obviously I don't expect RQs to love the vids I make, but honestly, I'm only playing to my class advantage, which includes clerics, mages, venos, and archers (that I can hit). I don't think trying to waste time killing WB's or WR's would make me as efficient in TW's, even if it made for good vids. Just as in watching basketball highlights, you don't see 7 minutes of players continuously missing shots, do you? Maybe one or two minutes if their shooting was exceptionally bad, but for the most part you just see the best scenes.

I'm sorry that names appear multiple times in the video, I just include what I think looks good, because I'm at liberty (at least I think I am?) to make the videos as I see fit. You can make a video showing me die every single second if you wish, you have that liberty as well (I died a LOT last time, mostly b/c I was being stupid and wanted to kamikaze in the middle of a big group).

What *IS* different, however, are the circumstances I come across with those same names. These videos show how I, as an archer, choose to handle those situations. I don't mind the complaints from RQ's as I've come to expect them, but the overall non-RQ consensus is that people appreciate providing the insight I mentioned above.

They don't care about names attacked or how many times those names appear (unless it's Pandora of course), it's more about watching how an archer fights in TW. It's just a little thing I do for each TW I play in, because I think it's the best part of the game.

Can't make everyone happy b:surrender
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darkice - Lost City
    Darkice - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    LOL, Transcend, let them do the talking, we do the fighting. Nevertheless we win and will continue to win until rq is no more. BTW, great video, I would play better if my comp didnt lag so much in tw, but I manage to kill at least 30 people and die 4 times. SHaye^^ I THInK I KILL YOu TOO
    Darkice - 8xArcher - Lost City - GuardianZ
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Haha. :P I'm getting better at escaping GZ's archers, but there's just so many of them it's kind of hard. o_o' That first time when I got owned in the middle and saw "killed by Transcend" I was like, "****, I bet that's gonna be in the next video" and whatta ya know lol. xD

I liked this one better than the last editing-wise because it was a lot easier to follow as someone who was there without all the closeups. Nice use of wingspan too imo. It's not so much your videos that some people dislike as the **** that other people talk because they don't realize that your video is only 7 and a half minutes of an hour long war, and can't possibly have everything that happened in it.

Meh, and Shaye, honestly as a DD you end up killing a lot of the same people over and over again in TW. As a wizard it's the same archers, barbs, and BMs over and over and as an archer it's the same wizards, venos, and clerics. Just how it is. :x

Overall I enjoyed this war as much as the last one. Also was very surprised that GZ did not trash talk after that war like the first one. I hope that continues as we see each other more down the road, ya?
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    From analyzing those two videos I have arrived at a conclusion:
    Video #1:
    Shows a lot of RQ fighting (i was able to count 73 different RQs) a lot of GZ, GZ win within a short span of time.

Video #2:
    Shows about 45 RQ (from what I counted on the average range of your screens) fighting 80 GZ.
    The victory banner comes up after 1 hour.

Conclusion:
    Is GZ getting weaker or is RQ getting stronger?

Rummors:
    CQ players in GZ?
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Melodia - Lost City
    Melodia - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    False. Have you seen any CQ members in any of the videos?
    Originally Posted by Pandora - Lost City:
    Please understand that as full int, all an archer has to do is target you and roll his face on the keyboard and you are dead.

Words of Wisdom.
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I've heard those rumors of CQ being in GZ, but I've seen no proof of it even after fighting two wars with them. I have seen random GZ's running around guildless for a little while, then back in GZ though. Dunno what is up with that.

GZ hasn't gotten any weaker as far as I can tell (if so it wasn't noticeable), RQ just tried a different approach. There will be a different strategy next time as well, and the time after that, etc. That's just how learning from experience works. That, and, yes less RQ were at that war than the last one because we had 3 wars at the same time.
  • Transcend - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    @haiku: I think that was the only kill I had of you. You got away all the other times I tried :) I mostly saw you and Pandora doing that escape skill (I have no idea what it's called, lol) throughout the TW.

@noob: different strategies work differently within TW. They played full defense (sending a few catas to meet us in lane b) as opposed to sending a few catas down other lanes for the first TW. On our end, we hit a few snags on our side in terms of communication (I admit, I did attempt superhero tactics and died without any positive results). We played full defense in UL vs Conq's 2nd to last war, going for 2 hours before finally losing, where most other TW's were 30-45 minutes.

Of course, the longer these TW's go and the more evenly matched the guilds are, the more enjoyable it is to experience. With a full RQ squad going at a full GZ squad, the next TW is definitely something to look forward too :)
    youtube.com/transcendpw

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jagermeister - Lost City
    Jagermeister - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Nice video, wish I coulda been there but got residency interviews for next few weekends.

Anyways I feel u played your class very efficiently and exactly as it would most benefit the guild in a TW with you being a ranged DD class. Your right in your assessment on WB and WR the mages should really be nuking them from a distance and the EPs should be rooting and CCing them.

Anyways good video of how to effectively play a glass cannon class in mass PVP.

-Jagermeister
    7X Cleric - GuardianZ
    Cleric - Member of Unlimited [Lost City]

Invincible 220/24 Keeper - SC Ring of Destruction (Anarchy Online)
    Invincible 63 Warrior - Genocide (Knight Online)
    Invincible 120 Priest - Leader Primal (Corum Online)
    Invincible1 109 Segnale - Leader Primal Instinct (2moons)
    Jagermeister 80 Priest of Mitra - Primal Instinct (Age of Conan)

Sub-Leader Primal Instinct Gaming Services Network
    "PKing since Pong"
    www pigsnet.com
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Yeah, that's partially what I meant by getting better. xD I use distance shrink (the teleport) constantly in grinding and world PvP, but I hadn't used it much in TW until GZ's wars due to wanting to conserve chi for other things. :x

The wars will only get longer from here it seems lol. Charm ****, but definitely fun. :P
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    The videos provide insight into playing effectively as an archer in territory wars, because many people who

a) are thinking about playing an archer
    b) are curious about TW gameplay
    c) are curious about GZ or RQ TW gameplay
    d) are curious about 7X TW gameplay

Going TW and not using mp hiero is NOT playing "effectively as an archer". I can see your array stopping because you have no mp left in one of the vids b:lipcurl.
    And your also missing kills when your potting like a cheapo!!! Beside that nice vid b:cute.
  • Darkice - Lost City
    Darkice - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Going TW and not using mp hiero is NOT playing "effectively as an archer". I can see your array stopping because you have no mp left in one of the vids b:lipcurl.
    And your also missing kills when your potting like a cheapo!!! Beside that nice vid b:cute.

LOL? HP charm is mandatory for tw yes, but MP charm is optional. Open AOE on enemy with pots regenerate is enough for killing, unless you plan to open it for more than 5 min. Transcend did a great job. For archer, MP pot is enough. MP hiero is only if you are a lazy **** and dont wanna check mana condition. Otherwise, mana pot is enough for you in TW.
    Darkice - 8xArcher - Lost City - GuardianZ
  • Transcend - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    So let me get this straight.. because I don't go in with an mp hiero, I'm not playing to my maximum effectiveness because I ran out of mana on an array once out of the 24 minutes of footage I've put together? That's a huge assumption to make when there are no other archer videos to compare that with. I wouldn't want my aoe open for longer than 10 seconds anyway, because if the other guild in TW is even alive, that's a huge bullseye on your face, and you can be sure that you'll get stunned/sealed/etc in no time.

If I'm a cheapo since I go to TW's without an mp hiero, eh.. so be it. The first few TW's I've been in with UL I used mp hieros, and quickly realized that with smart management and my playing style it's not a necessity. It takes more awareness to know what's going on rather than to blindly rely on the hiero, and it's not a problem for me. Mind you, we don't have the 10+ territory salary to burn on hieros and other fun stuff every week. I'm using what I have (tons of pots from grinding) to the best of my abilities. Call me cheap, I call it resourceful b:surrender

But if there's an archer vid that shows the difference in effectiveness with an mp hiero, I'd be more than happy to see it. Based on the times I've played with AND without mp hiero, I don't think there's a noticeable difference besides burning up a lot of mana on respawns and really wanting to open a long array on a WB or WR.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]