Seppuku Declares War on Shockwave Territories

Options
Nishtara - Sanctuary
Nishtara - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Twilight Temple (West)
* This is obviously tongue in cheek humor, if you don't get it, don't worry about it. *
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SEPPUKU DECLARES WAR ON SHOCKWAVE TERRITORIES
Recent attacks on Legendary force faction leadership to take action

Sanctuary, December 4th, 2008 -- Seppuku has formally declared war on the ShockWave controlled region known as Sanctuary today after a coalition of forces apparently orchestrated by ShockWave's upper echelons declared their intentions to attack Legendary controlled territories during the coming territory war period.

In a surprising move, ShockWave and several other factions have banded together to attack each of Legendary's four currently controlled territories, despite recent rumors of an alliance between the two mega-factions. "We are prepared for an attack by anyone," said Milari, Legendary's current leader, "this does not come unexpected, it's part of the game."

Seppuku were in the process of formulating plans to begin their territory campaigns, and had expected to launch an assault in the coming weeks. Given the recent events a decision was made to assist the beleaguered Legendary territories and launch a preemptive attack against ShockWave assets in hopes of drawing off some of their higher level resources. "One mega-faction against another is the kind of politics we would have hoped to stay clear of" responded Nishtara, Seppuku's currently elected leader, "but when a faction as large as ShockWave needs to call on so many smaller factions to assist them in battle, we felt honor bound to take up arms and assist Legendary in any way possible."

When asked for comment on being attacked on so many fronts, ShockWave's leader GodsFear responded "We're screwed! We can't take them both on at the same time!". ShockWave appears to be undertaking plans to defend their besieged lands, even going as far as bankrolling other guilds to outbid their attackers unconfirmed sources report.

"It's a bit of a free for all this week, so it will be interesting and fun and a good experience for everyone participating in all factions!" While Milari remains positive, only time will tell where the chips will land when we drop the hammer on ShockWave this weekend.

About Seppuku:
Seppuku is a democratic, end content PvE faction on the Sanctuary server of Perfect World International. Our focus is on building a solid core of high quality players, and providing them the social and political frameworks they require in order not only to enjoy their time in game, but also to succeed at whatever goals they set for themselves.

For more information, please contact:
> > Ami_ | Communications Officer & Diplomat
> > http://seppuku.area152.com

> > Sinanju | Recruitment Officer
> > http://seppuku.area152.com

NOTE REGARDING FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS: This press release contains forward-looking statements based on the leadership's current expectations, and involve risks and uncertainties. Forward-looking statements contained herein include statements regarding growth strategies and prospects for Seppuku's ongoing territory wars. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in such forward-looking statements due to various factors. All forward-looking statements included in this press release are based upon information available to Seppuku as of the date hereof, and Seppuku does not assume any obligations to update such statements or the reasons why actual results could differ materially from those projected in such statements.

"Revolution is the creation of new living institutions, new groupings, new social relationships, it is the destruction of privileges and monopolies; it is the new spirit of justice, of brotherhood, of freedom which must renew the whole of social life, the moral level and the material conditions of the masses by calling on them to provide, through their direct and conscious action, for their own future."
Post edited by Nishtara - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Arrik - Sanctuary
    Arrik - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/223/20081204225149jh5.png
    Pretty eventful weekend... going to be lots of fun :D.
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Yes, loads of fun!!

I'm hoping everyone takes it in the right spirit though. Win or lose.. part of any game. When people take it to heart, things get ugly.

All the best to everyone from Seppuku and Legendary. Looking forward to tomorrow's war. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • Swoosh - Sanctuary
    Swoosh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Nice nish, wow what a text format to, seriously very nice. And I like Seppuku's morals when i read that, good job <3
    x_x
  • omegaphantom
    omegaphantom Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    i wish u guys GL from Seppuku.u will need it ;D lol
  • huf
    huf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    That's a nice National Enquirer story there....really made me laugh.
  • DeMan - Sanctuary
    DeMan - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    lmao, pretty impressive sensational and scandalous propaganda worthy of tabloid display at the checkout lines.
    defaction.ipbfree.com
  • Vi_zexion - Sanctuary
    Vi_zexion - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    JUST RELEASED

SEPPUKU'S WAR DECLARATION ON SHOCKWAVE FAILED!

Released in:Sanctuary Server on December 7,2008 -- Seppuku the guild that formally declared war on the guild ShockWave and their controlled region known as Sanctuary have just recently lost exclaiming "We had no chance against them...Godsfear and his faction were to smart for our stupidity" exclaimed Nishtara the Leader of the Faction Seppuku after their defeat.

Recent investigations from the Shockwave officials have reported that the Seppuku guild was indeed paid by Legendary to take Shockwave territory "Is Amazing how far people are willing to go in a game just to take some land...paying off other minor guilds for a distraction because they can't do it all themselves...pretty pathetic" says Godsfear when asked about this attack on their territory Sanctuary.

Furthermore on recent investigations have discovered that the guild Legendary unable to rely on their own sense as a guild and without absolutely no pride had to send a spy into the guild Shockwave to figure out the guild's strategy to be able to defend their territory "Oh rotten eggs I been discover.Gosh I am such a tart.I have to sell myself to other guilds to inform my faction of their plans" exclaimed DRTMaverick the Legendary's spy on Shockwave after been discovered saying to her Legendary comrades "See guys I told you it will work!" on her own smart accords.

When asked for comment on their attacks on Shockwave, Legendary's leader Milari responded "Well My dear we have to resort to paying other people to do our dirty work for us because if we don't we're screwed against the second largest Guild Shockwave! We can't take them and Nefarious on our own". Legendary appears to continue to pay minor guilds with minor 70+ players to defend their territories as well as to attack Shockwave hidden sources claim.

'Well let them waste their little money bags paying others off.Well have fun bankrupting them while playing.Shockwave is a guild that loves to have fun and we have no need to pay other people to do our work for us and we don't rely on any member of ours to spy on our opponents.We are an optimistic guild and we are sure we will strive against any faction that attacks us :)" says Godsfear as he waits to what the Gods of Perfect World have in store for his Guild as they keep repelling Legendary and their pay-off guilds at bay.

-The Shock news
    In the end all that remains are the good memories you had with them.
  • Nishtara - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Oh man, too funny :)

We received 0 coins from Legendary, and other factions have already publicly admitted to being hired by GodsFear himself. I personally made the decision to attack Sanctuary, even with only 7 people, just for the opportunity to 1 hit so many of you.

Was the bid money and tower money worth it? Absolutely. Watching half a dozen bodies crumple to the ground at a time, killing the cleric after he rez's a WF then killing the WF, priceless.

We didn't expect to win going in, in fact we don't even want a territory in the middle of nowhere to begin with.

7 members: 81 Archer, 81 Cleric, 77 Blademaster, 77 Venomaster, 76 Barbarian, 61 Cleric, 69 Barbarian, versus what, 50-80 ShockWave?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIooxruUR08

Make sure you watch it in high quality, so you can see how ShockWave behaves in local chat.

Looking for a mature guild? Tired of zerg guilds with open door, no questions asked invitations? Look us up.
    "Revolution is the creation of new living institutions, new groupings, new social relationships, it is the destruction of privileges and monopolies; it is the new spirit of justice, of brotherhood, of freedom which must renew the whole of social life, the moral level and the material conditions of the masses by calling on them to provide, through their direct and conscious action, for their own future."
  • XZepheusx - Sanctuary
    XZepheusx - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    sounds like a ppl who cant lose and see the truth :P
    were too much power for u "mercenarys" from legendary.

~xZepheusx
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Legendary never paid a single coin to the other guilds, just admit you guys ****ed up and now are scared of being mass attacked by the whole server.

GodsFEAR honors his name.
    JUST RELEASED

SEPPUKU'S WAR DECLARATION ON SHOCKWAVE FAILED!

Released in:Sanctuary Server on December 7,2008 -- Seppuku the guild that formally declared war on the guild ShockWave and their controlled region known as Sanctuary have just recently lost exclaiming "We had no chance against them...Godsfear and his faction were to smart for our stupidity" exclaimed Nishtara the Leader of the Faction Seppuku after their defeat.

Recent investigations from the Shockwave officials have reported that the Seppuku guild was indeed paid by Legendary to take Shockwave territory "Is Amazing how far people are willing to go in a game just to take some land...paying off other minor guilds for a distraction because they can't do it all themselves...pretty pathetic" says Godsfear when asked about this attack on their territory Sanctuary.

Furthermore on recent investigations have discovered that the guild Legendary unable to rely on their own sense as a guild and without absolutely no pride had to send a spy into the guild Shockwave to figure out the guild's strategy to be able to defend their territory "Oh rotten eggs I been discover.Gosh I am such a tart.I have to sell myself to other guilds to inform my faction of their plans" exclaimed DRTMaverick the Legendary's spy on Shockwave after been discovered saying to her Legendary comrades "See guys I told you it will work!" on her own smart accords.

When asked for comment on their attacks on Shockwave, Legendary's leader Milari responded "Well My dear we have to resort to paying other people to do our dirty work for us because if we don't we're screwed against the second largest Guild Shockwave! We can't take them and Nefarious on our own". Legendary appears to continue to pay minor guilds with minor 70+ players to defend their territories as well as to attack Shockwave hidden sources claim.

'Well let them waste their little money bags paying others off.Well have fun bankrupting them while playing.Shockwave is a guild that loves to have fun and we have no need to pay other people to do our work for us and we don't rely on any member of ours to spy on our opponents.We are an optimistic guild and we are sure we will strive against any faction that attacks us :)" says Godsfear as he waits to what the Gods of Perfect World have in store for his Guild as they keep repelling Legendary and their pay-off guilds at bay.
    Nice try there, but switch places of all words "legendary" and "shockwave", and you will know what exactly happened.
    For people who doubt, as soon as the bidding opened, all 4 lands of legendary got attacked at same time, within 1 minute.

Not to mention that shockwave plan failed miserably, not only they DID NOT conquer ANY of legendary lands, but this sunday they are UNDER ATTACK and have lost 5 high leveled members due to the defeat last friday.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    A new challenge is always good and you guys did a nice job regardless of what others may say. Innovation always starts as a spark and most of the time looked down upon.

It also shows that bigger faction does not always = skill :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Malakime - Sanctuary
    Malakime - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    JUST re-RELEASED

SHOCKWAVE'S WAR DECLARATION ON LEGENDARY FAILED!

Released in:Sanctuary Server on December 7,2008 -- Seppuku the guild that formally declared war on the guild ShockWave and their controlled region known as Sanctuary have just recently lost exclaiming "We didn't expect to win going in, in fact we don't even want a territory in the middle of nowhere to begin with.
    7 members: 81 Archer, 81 Cleric, 77 Blademaster, 77 Venomaster, 76 Barbarian, 61 Cleric, 69 Barbarian, versus what, 50-80 ShockWave?"
    exclaimed Nishtara the Leader of the Faction Seppuku after their defeat.

Meanwhile the paid attacks on Legendary territories where repulsed including the major attack by all of Shockwave on Legendary's territory 'Shining Tide'.

Recent investigations from the Legendary officials have reported that the several guild(s) were indeed paid by Godsfear to take Legendary territory "Is Amazing how far people are willing to go in a game just to take some land...paying off other minor guilds for a distraction because they can't do it all themselves...pretty pathetic" says Legendary Member when asked about this attack on their territory Sanctuary.

Furthermore on recent investigations have discovered that the guild Shockwave unable to rely on their own sense as a guild and without absolutely no pride had to send spies into several guilds to figure out that guild's strategy to be able to defend their territory.

DRTMaverick Left ShockWave after taking part in the attacks on Legendary territory, one wonders maybe the action of the leadership of Shockwave had something to do with their leaving? and then the actions to try to blacken DRTMaverick's name after leaving?

Maybe FEAR tactics are being used to keep Shockwave members in-line, with the departure in the last few days of several(at least 7) high(lvl65+) ranking members, seems such tactics are failing.

When asked for comment on their attacks on Legendary, Shockwave's leader Godsfear responded "Well we have to resort to paying other people to do our dirty work for us because if we don't we're screwed against the second largest Guild Legendary! We can't take them and Nefarious on our own". Shockwave appears to continue to pay minor guilds with minor 70+ players to defend their territories as well as to attack Legendary hidden sources claim.

'Well let them waste their little money bags paying others off. We will have fun bankrupting them while playing. Legendary is a guild that loves to have fun and we have no need to pay other people to do our work for us and we don't rely on any member of ours to spy on our opponents. We are an optimistic guild and we are sure we will strive against any faction that attacks us :)" says a Legendary Member as he waits to see what the Gods of Perfect World have in store for his Guild as they keep repelling Shockwave and their pay-off guilds at bay.

-The TRUE Shock news

The TRUTH is out there!
  • Kelebek - Sanctuary
    Kelebek - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    We only won against Seppuku due to sheer out-numbering them, and we were able to out-ress their killing, if they had more members, we would of lost.

But, defending is INCREDIBLY easy, we didn't take Legendary's land because attacking is hard, but you can be sure no one will take any of ours, purely because defending is so easy.
  • Nishtara - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Our plan was simple, we didn't have the numbers for a long drawn out encounter, so we blitzed, and if that failed, we knew we wouldn't win.

We had 4 people on catapults, the 2 barbs, a cleric, and myself, and we charged down the main path as soon as we got in, pre buffed. We had one person stay behind and light the watch towers (if the blitz failed, we weren't going down with out a fight), then catch up to the convoy on his mount.

Now, after reading all the guides and spending days on the strategies, we ran into a technical snag. We didn't realize you needed to be within close range of the arrow towers in order for the catapults to attack. I had thought that we wanted to stay outside the range of the towers (30m), and wait for the cats to destroy them, my failure, but one I can live with, and learn from.

Meanwhile, ShockWave was working on taking down the other 2 territory attackers, and had only a skeleton force defending Sanctuary, a strategy we were relying on! If we hadn't gotten stuck at the arrow towers, and in the confusion retreated and taken down 1 by 1, who knows how the battle had turned out.

Yes ShockWave, once the other two territories fell and your main force moved into Sanctuary, you 'pwned' us if you want to think that, but it was easy to see how disorganized you were, and how immature so many of your faction members are. Is it any wonder you're losing so many high level mature players?

All in all we had a fantastic night, and once again I'm super impressed by all of our members who kept a cool head and local chat clean and clear.

Yes, we are recruiting 60+, and we currently have 7 recruit slots remaining for this week if anyone is interested in applying. http://seppuku.area152.com.
  • icaz
    icaz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Im not sure where you get your info but we lost one high level player. It was HolyLightt. Ferril allready let us know before wars on Friday that this was his last weekend. The other two members that left were low level members that I can not even recall their names.

Not sure why you must sling trash talk with these posts. I had alot of respect for you from what friends on this server have said about you. Would never of guessed you would go to these lengths to put us down.

Im sorry to say we had a total of three groups in the other two wars. One in Legendojo and two in Templari. We thought maybe you would give us a run for our money. We are sorry for over estimating you.

Im sure we will lose more members over the next week or so, but tell me what guild with 200 members has not lost any? Would of thought you all knew that since after all you are all from larger factions. Problems will always be there when you have such large numbers.

Yes we had problems on Friday that our members would not listen and zerged. Legendary should be proud that we had them problems, for they got to keep their land.

This is a strategy game? Am I wrong? If so please correct me. But treating it as one for now, would it not be in the best interest of a faction to work with other factions to advance themselves? I have no clue what all goes on behind the scene. I leave this to GodsFear since he is the guild leader and I am nothing more then a basic member. Maybe he does things some things people dont like, but I am sure Milari does also.

I have heard complaints from both factions about how their leaders treat the members. Again how do you please 200 people? There is no way, so take the good with the bad.

Why can't we just say both factions did a good job this weekend and it was a blast. Hope we do this over and over for it is what makes the game fun. With as many factions as there is on this server there should never be a piece of land not getting attacked. Lets stop this trash talk and have fun fighting each other and at end of the fight shake hands and say nice job was fun see you next weekend.

Sir_Belfor
  • Arrik - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Please, stop all this childish drama. The TW are all for fun, if you have personal qualms with people keep them at that level. I'd like to see your faction have 200 members and not have a bad egg every now and then. We're not perfect, but we don't proclaim to be either. Shockwave is all about fun, and we can't stop idiots from over exaggerating things( not directed towards anyone in particular, just the general people who love to "OMG SHOCKWAVE DID X TO X AND OMGXZZZZZZZZZZZZdrama" ).

Lets try not to exacerbate things :). Shockwave came out on top this time around, but I'm sure once Seppuku garners a larger member base they'll be even more formidable than they were. Despite anything, I'm sure if Shockwave didn't start this chain reaction of territory wars you would all have been grinding the weekend away with no fun. Try to enjoy yourselves a bit more :o
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Not sure why you must sling trash talk with these posts.
    Go read Vi_zexion post on first page again.
    Would never of guessed you would go to these lengths to put us down.
    Guess you werent online when Godsfear (shockwave's leader) trash talked milari (on WORLD CHAT) once he saw his plan failed and shockwave was on same boat as us (defending 4 lands at same weekend), if i recall correctly, he said something along the lines "go cut your own wrists you emo *****". Im sure someone took a screenshot of the moment.
    Yes we had problems on Friday that our members would not listen and zerged. Legendary should be proud that we had them problems, for they got to keep their land.
    It was our first PvP TW, be sure that we screwed up a lot for the first 2 hours, since at the end, your crystal was at 80% hp and ours was almost full. We had no idea how the towers worked, so we barely defended them, we didnt know how catapults worked, so we just rushed ahead with them at the start (getting the catapults destroyed easily), and over 90% of us didnt use the binding stones at all. SW base was under heavy siege on the last 30 mins, so be sure that on this sunday, things will turn out slightly different.
    Why can't we just say both factions did a good job this weekend and it was a blast. Hope we do this over and over for it is what makes the game fun. With as many factions as there is on this server there should never be a piece of land not getting attacked. Lets stop this trash talk and have fun fighting each other and at end of the fight shake hands and say nice job was fun see you next weekend.
    See you this sunday, you and Lumpia were the best wizards on the battlefield.

I'm sure if Shockwave didn't start this chain reaction of territory wars you would all have been grinding the weekend away with no fun.
    Due to the attacks, we were all unprepared and HAD to grind a lot to get money, levels and equipments to everybody (TTs) so we could pvp.
  • Milari - Sanctuary
    Milari - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    My dear enemies that are Shockwave - do not seek to sully my good name with your lies.

I did not need to resort to such disgusting tactics as you chose to adopt.

I paid no=one to come to my aid, they came out of friendship and in outrage of your filthy play.

YOU may need to hire mercenary factions to help your cause (do not deny, I have had practically every leader of every faction say they have been approached and I have a list of them if you require it), I however have honour and dignity. Two things that are sadly lacking in the Shockwave faction.

You tried to defeat me but you failed - accept it, try to at least accept your complete failure with some modicum of stability.

Your lies cannot hurt me for the truth will always prevail so try your pathetic propaganda somewhere else, it has no effect on me.
  • Talien - Sanctuary
    Talien - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I don't see why people are causing so much e-drama over a PVP war. Really, if you can't handle stuff like that happening then just quit the game now, because it's only going to happen more often just like in every other MMO. Kinda sad when people whine and complain that someone hires another guild to attack them or when guildmembers don't listen to the leader.....makes you all look like you never played a MMO before, because anyone who had should know to expect thngs like that.

And honestly, nobody has a right to complain about people from this Shockwave guild posting their own propaganda in return for what was in the opening post. Gotta say though, this whole thread just makes the rest of us laugh. Thanks to all of you for entertaining the masses like this.
  • Swoosh - Sanctuary
    Swoosh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Looking for a mature guild? Tired of zerg guilds with open door, no questions asked invitations? Look us up.

We ain't zergish either b:surrender
    But as some may think, yes we are doing pvp for sheer fun - immature? It's a game, do what you enjoy.;

As to be on-topic. Wow Nish 7 people xO; though our record was even more hilarious, attacking Epic faction (seems to be ShockWave's ally) with 3 people :D (I found sleeping at that time much more interesting T_T).

The final outcome was that ShockWave prevailed. Gratz on that but I sincerely doubt the deathrate on both sides would be even, each one of Sepukku killed 10 to X before dieing himselves.

Damn next time imma attend my own TW for a change (lol). Gah, so much fun b:cry
    x_x
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    And honestly, nobody has a right to complain about people from this Shockwave guild posting their own propaganda in return for what was in the opening post. Gotta say though, this whole thread just makes the rest of us laugh. Thanks to all of you for entertaining the masses like this.
    Please read a topic before posting ****, nobody is complaining about the war, but about allt the bullcrap that a shockwave member posted on first page (about us paying guilds to attackt them), when one of the guilds shockwave paid now is our ally and confirmed that he did pay them to attack us.

My regards.
  • Geogaddi - Sanctuary
    Geogaddi - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    A quick response to Milari and Nishtara regarding the idiots who have responded to your posts (especially those in Shockwave).

You must acquire the trick of ignoring those who do not like you. In my experience, those who do not like you fall into two categories: The stupid and the envious. The stupid will like you in five years time. The envious, never.

Yes this is a quote but it pretty much sums up all that I wish to say.
  • LunarStorm - Sanctuary
    LunarStorm - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    A quick response to Milari and Nishtara regarding the idiots who have responded to your posts (especially those in Shockwave).

You must acquire the trick of ignoring those who do not like you. In my experience, those who do not like you fall into two categories: The stupid and the envious. The stupid will like you in five years time. The envious, never.

Yes this is a quote but it pretty much sums up all that I wish to say.

+1 you've summed it up perfectly.

ShockWave had their collective ego bruised and decided to write BS, honestly reading ShockWaves article is almost as bad as listening to the **** the news pumps into our minds daily, whereas Nishtara's article is based on informative FACTS his is just a poor attempt to slander Legendary's name and make ShockWave look good.
    Truth is generally the best vindication against slander, and that is what Legendary will continue to fight back with.

If someone has a screenshot of that WC please make a report i want him banned if he did say that on world chat, hell i want more than him just banned buuuut i won't go into that for i would be risking a forum ban.
  • Arrik - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Look at these people being all holier than thou. It compels me to defend such slander about my faction, even if there are some choice idiots in our ranks, which is the only reason why I'd ever bother responding to such petty posts.

Miss eloquent over here thinking her well thought out derogatory comments would defer from the fact that shes sitting on a very high stool( you might be a higher level than a lot of us, but that doesn't make your opinions more valuable than the rest of ours ). You all may regard our faction as a single entity rather than one made up of 200 individuals, but it doesn't give you an excuse to keep spewing this arbitrary, irrational ****.

I hope a moderator would have enough sense to lock this dramorama of a thread up. It'll simply erupt into a flaming war. If not, well then I suppose you all can continue your bad mouthing and redundant bickering about things that happen in game. Anyone with enough sense though should avoid egging these internet warriors on. Remember guys, its just a game. We'll see you on the battlefield.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Godsfear (shockwave leader) just resigned and said on worldchat: "I am sorry to all guilds that i caused trouble with. take care".

I leave the decision of who was right/wrong to the readers.
  • Aedril - Sanctuary
    Aedril - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Well, first off: Grats to both SW (for winning - a win is a win, regardless of numbers) and Sepp (for fighting under such odds without waivering).

Second, awesome vid Nish, although I would recommend muting all game/mic sounds before adding a soundtrack next time. Do you have a vid of the failed blitz? I would love to see how far you actually got.

Third, there are idiots in all guilds; Some are in positions of leadership, some are just in the rank and file. A rank and file idiot can soil the reputation of even the best guilds from the perspective of outsiders, but only idiots in leadership can tarnish its name forever.
  • DeMan - Sanctuary
    DeMan - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    LMAO!! Where is you sense of humor? I think that both the tabloids were funny, and added a new level to the game and this forum community. Honestly, I would love to see these two to continue such threads, and I think it would even more interesting if other factions would contribute as well. Though I would like to see them developed a bit more (i.e. fill us in on the inter and intra faction news.), a "Sanctuary Press" so to speak.

I can envision it as not only as additional entertainment and a means to inform this community of intra and interfaction politics, but as an addition means for faction merchants and buyer's to advertise, faction recuitment, level promotions, etc.

However, this is a multifaceted game; which one facet is strategy. Propagana is a legitimate strategy, to create confusion, and emotional manipulation (i.e. these posts and thread), as are diplomacy and bribery, all of which are an intergal part of politics. Anytime that you have a group of people, politics comes into play. Politics comes with its tactics, for the good and or bad, to jostle and wrestle for status, power or control (though truely depends upon the individuals involved and what it is that they hope to achieve). This being said I find no fault with any of the factions for their actions, personally I find it fun and hope it continues.

What I found almost as fun is reading the posts of people taking these "tongue in cheek" articles and themselves so seriouly, that they took offense to them. The original thread was clearly written in and with humor, as was ShockWave's response. Those that took it to heart and failed to see the humor in it, are contributing the drama, not the thread or these two authors. This is only a game, do not take it or yourself so seriously. Niether Life or limb nor is reputation at stake, just a good time. Being overly sensitive to such things is only ruining your good time, no one else's. Life's too short, and there is, as one of The Beatles' song states, "no time for fussing and fighting my friend."

People play and post as to how they are and able. You may find many of peoples style's of play and or their mannar of posting offensive, you may very well find (and I hope you do or will) peoples whom style you find agreeable, let it be a reflection upon them and distance yourself accordingly.

Thank-you Nishtara and VI Zexion, I found your posts very entertaining and throughly enjoyed them. I hope that you both continue, as I feel the tradition would increase the dynamics and involvement to the game for the entire server. Such things bring a meaning and define the faction titles that are above our characters. It gives more depth to our character's and with whom we associate.
    defaction.ipbfree.com
  • Nishtara - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Well, first off: Grats to both SW (for winning - a win is a win, regardless of numbers) and Sepp (for fighting under such odds without waivering).

We knew we weren't going to win after the catapult failure at point 5 (see below), and after seeing the numbers at the north gate and reports of enemy catapults approaching, decided to turn instead to base defense and just have fun killing as many as we could. We never bemoaned ShockWave their win. We had a plan, it failed, we moved on and enjoyed ourselves. Next week will be different. More people, higher levels, new target.
    Second, awesome vid Nish, although I would recommend muting all game/mic sounds before adding a soundtrack next time. Do you have a vid of the failed blitz? I would love to see how far you actually got.

I don't think the soundtrack would be the same without Sinanju's laughing after our combined AOE near the beginning. It's funny, I had spent the day optimizing the graphics for FRAPS, turning everything down, running in a window, etc, and when the time came I had so much else on my mind I totally forgot to hit the record key. All I had was the last 10 minutes. Also need to figure out how to get Fraps to record my vent voice as well, and not just the others.

We got to point 5 on the battle field map. Was medium opposition from point 6 onwards, mostly 1 hit squishies, but when we reached 5 we failed at using the catapults, and fell apart trying to get them to attack the towers.
    Third, there are idiots in all guilds; Some are in positions of leadership, some are just in the rank and file. A rank and file idiot can soil the reputation of even the best guilds from the perspective of outsiders, but only idiots in leadership can tarnish its name forever.

It's up to the leadership to reign in the idiots, otherwise you're right, the entire faction does look bad. People like ForevaShot, Ayano-Chan, and xZepheusx turn what could have been a fun event into a smack fest. There are many good players in ShockWave, and with a little trimming there's no reason they can't salvage what's left.
  • Altihnkai - Sanctuary
    Altihnkai - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    i see that a lot of you take SW as 1 group egoistic respectless dumb sh1tfaks.. kinda disagree on that.. least half of the people in SW show some respect nd are actually good people to be with.

just figured this shud be said as SW is put as a really bad faction atm nd thats not fair for the group inside SW thats actually really nice =]
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    i see that a lot of you take SW as 1 group egoistic respectless dumb sh1tfaks.. kinda disagree on that.. least half of the people in SW show some respect nd are actually good people to be with.

just figured this shud be said as SW is put as a really bad faction atm nd thats not fair for the group inside SW thats actually really nice =]

I half agree with you there.

But I believe my actions in game (and I don't mean my achievements in PVP or TW) should speak more for myself and the guild than coming here and trying to clear up its name.

Why waste time in forum guild politics when there are so many newbies on the forums who need help with basic stuff. I find my fun there.

Yes. I belong to ShockWave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...