archer die easy?

jackblack123
jackblack123 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Archer
dont archers dies alot if they put pure dex??
Post edited by jackblack123 on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    depends, if you dont suck then no they don't
  • xlovex
    xlovex Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i don't understand, what is the alternative to getting lots of dex?

getting lots of vit?

okay, that might work, but:

1) unless you're being spiked to death, the same healing potion will heal you for the same amount
    2) you'll dodge less, and do less damage, and the purpose of archers is to kill fast, not tank something
    3) your best asset is your mobility anyway, you can always run away.

use armor shards to shore up your deficiencies. at high levels, your tiny amount of vit won't help anyway.
  • Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    they die pretty easy at start, at higher lvl they r great. with using right skills most of mobs wont get near u
  • MiniTank - Lost City
    MiniTank - Lost City Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    im lvl 28 n i dont die ez :)
  • Bombchu - Lost City
    Bombchu - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Archers with more dex...

Well, I am a dex archer, but I do use a charm (which is mostly used when questing because quest mobs 50+ seem to like to group-aggro and use magic and/or stack poison. D; Or all of the above.

Anyways, most things don't really get to me in time (sometimes) unless I miss, or if they're ranged or magic.

What I do is start with Aim low (even though it requires a spark I use it frequently, it roots them in place for 6.4 seconds at its current level.) When they get out of it, stun (which doesn't always work but helpful when it does) and then knock back. If I get in trouble, like, get an aggro on me, I use winged shell, which will make a spell that does 350+ damage to me only do 50-70.

If you happen to get a lot on you, use wingspan to knock them off.

Also, using life powders and focus powders are a good thing, so having apothecary is a plus, and only use pots during emergency.

However during lower levels, archer does indeed kind of ..suck. I HATED my 20-35 levels. D; I only felt better around 40+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Nostalgia]
    The Brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
  • SupportAngel - Heavens Tear
    SupportAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    At the low lvls archers die a lot, I agree. I stopped playing my archer on lvl 19 because of the cultiation quest (they killed me to many times!), but later on its great fun being an archer, if you have lots of money tho. Makin my Bow was so expensive... now i dont have any coins.b:sad Although its great!
    -- I disagree with what you say. But I will fight to the death for your right to say it --
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    With Aimlow...Stun...Knockback...Windged Shell....Potions....and WINGS to fly... an archer should almost never die to mobs of his level unless you are crazy enough to stand and tank 2-3 at the same time.

If I find myself in a situation that I cant handle, I simple fly away.

Oh yea, HP Charms are very cost effective for archers. Most times, you will kill the mob even before it gets to you. This reduces the use of the charm greatly. Get a Golden Charm and it should last for a long time !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • Qqme - Lost City
    Qqme - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    well at higher lvls i do a frost arrow(max rank) pew pew pew nxt mob b:chuckle
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    You forgot Frost Arrow. ;) I recently rediscovered that one.

Baiscally archers have all kinds of options. Lately I've been starting off with frost arrow from the maximum possible distance (be sure to get Winged Blessing whenever you can), get a couple of shots off, then knockback. If it's particularly strong add a couple of quickshots or a stunning arrow / aim low. If you're getting swarmed... winged shell, potion (or chaos powder), and then run/fly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • KalshaHunt - Lost City
    KalshaHunt - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well Knock back arrow is also very useful when a monster is almost ontop of you.
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I start off with Deadly Shot (has a 3 sec cast so it can only be used as starter)... then onto frost...normal shot....knockback....normal...normal...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...