BM Weapon/Build Overview

Comments

• Melodia - Lost City
    Melodia - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    There's hit stun in the game. If you get hit, it makes you slow down for like a split second. Try in duel to run away while someone is hitting you.. its hard because of the hit stun.. So basically she's saying.. "MISS MISS MISS MISS, while you are running away.. and you get away" :)
    Originally Posted by Pandora - Lost City:
    Please understand that as full int, all an archer has to do is target you and roll his face on the keyboard and you are dead.

Words of Wisdom.
  • Firsttofire - Heavens Tear
    Firsttofire - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Oh, god, massive typo. What I meant was that light armor gives you a slight speed bonus, and with Cloud Sprint/But thingy the difference gets amplified...it might not seem like a lot, but you should be able to outrun them. I'm pretty sure there's a guy somewhere who calculated that if you factor in the cast time and all that, it ends up with a small lead over someone who just ran. Sorry bout that.

Urm, I'm not sure what the other part was about, but seriously, if you have a better idea of what to do, please say it... I only wrote those three paragraphs because I don't think there's another fist guide on this forum... honestly, I doubt that this is very good at all. >_<

Anyways, Monarch, could you please fix that? Thanks.
  • Monarch - Lost City
    Monarch - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Will do Fist. Thanks for clarifying. :)
    It takes a big man to cry, but a bigger man to laugh at him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Outlaw
  • Monarch - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    I have added a new leveling section which will be updated off and on this week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • killablood
    killablood Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hi there. I just want to start off by saying that you have an awesome guide that has helped me. However, I have been playing blademasters for a few levels and deleted them (i had about 3, testing it out). However, this time, I want a permanent blademaster character.

I'm going to be playing with my friend (who will be a mage), so I was wondering if I should be an dual axe or a dual sword. People have told me to be a dual axe because of the stuns. However, I also heard that dual axes... have a dexterity issue. While swords are pretty good, but lack AOE's. So I was wondering which would be a better choice. Also, I won't be playing with my friend everytime I log on, so that's also one point to think about. I want a type of Blademaster that can be a good partner for a mage, but also able to survive alone.

By reading your guide, I noticed that you yourself was a dual axe blademaster. I was just wondering how you are doing? Like is your damage decent? Is your survivability low or high? Thank you in advance
  • Monarch - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Thank you for your note Killa.

Either weapon type, between axe and blade/sword, will work for working with a mage. And you pointed the major factors already. With Axe/Hammer you will get 3 stuns, and you will find once you stun it, the mage will drop it in that time, normally. Yes, Axe/Hammer builds do miss alot, and do not evade alot. If you don't mind actively using your diamond sutra/pots/regen pills/or charms often while grinding solo? You will move very fast via AOE grinding. I absolutely love it. I am actually just a few percent from 49, and am looking forward to the new skill.

I haven't died to a mob in the past 20 levels. I've survived a number of attempted ganks by flying archers, and other PK attempts. Some fool didn't process his thoughts well enough and ran into my AOE frenzy while grinding. I barely knew he was there while I was dropping 6 trees. lol (Yes I grind with PK on for that reason alone. Tends to make people think twice.)
    Blade on the other hand will work. I think you will find yourself having issues holding the mob in place while your friend nukes though. As long as your friend knows to let you have a few seconds with the mob before he casts, he shouldn't peel it off of you. The AOE's are indeed lacking, so you guys will be reduced to 1-3 mobs at a time, where its feasable to do 5-6 as an axe bm. You will indeed have less HP as a heavy armor blade/sword BM than an Axe/Hammer BM will. Something to think about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xveritas666x
    xveritas666x Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hey, i'm going for dual axe, PVP and was wondering if leveling / bosses will be hard for me.
  • Monarch - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    I'm doing a quasi pvp build and I do great leveling. When it comes to bosses, any FB and MOST quest bosses you will need buddies. I have solo'd a few of the quest in world bosses (non-FB bosses)..but thats just a few.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • equilibrium
    equilibrium Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Great topic, i just started the game and this topic basically made me decide to play a blade master.

However, i have 2 questions.

1-Do dual swords users have any AoE attacks?

2- Is there a way to reset status points and skills in the game?

Thank you!
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Great topic, i just started the game and this topic basically made me decide to play a blade master.

However, i have 2 questions.

1-Do dual swords users have any AoE attacks?

2- Is there a way to reset status points and skills in the game?

Thank you!
    1. Yes

2. Yes, a boutique item, but you stats only.
    Back.
  • Monarch - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    I'm just going to let you all know, this item will PROBABLY not be updated ever again. Due to life, I'm putting PWI down. Its been a pleasure and I'm glad this guide has helped some of you out. Keep those numbers flying people. :)

Thanks again for all your support. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coolzfir3
    coolzfir3 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    according to ur guide when fist is fighting bm, fist shd run so wad if the opponent is not chasing the fist b:shocked instead he meditate and gains hp and mp while the fist run
  • Blksunrising - Lost City
    Blksunrising - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    My axe/hammer BM
    is doing well but i just chose to buy a guard charm to lvl so i use pots and guard charm my str is 199 dex is 30 and my vit is 30 through equips
    i take a lot of dmg get close to 50% and my heiro just saves me
    and i kill very fast PvE this way

so if you have the coins or gold to spare (500K for gold heiro or 4 gold= 4 USD) then i suggest my build of low vit super high str and average to less than average dex for PVE
    ive had a great time lvling with this build , My plan is to respec if i ever feel like aoeing would be faster lvling for me or some other style of lvling
  • battlegood
    battlegood Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    is this good for one-handed sword ??

vit=15
    str= 35
    dex=25

is that good for one-handed sword //

by the way i am level 14
  • cubexx
    cubexx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    lol, im sorry for this stupid question, but what does pvE mean, im new here. Also, how would u start out with your stats for a sword/blade master?
  • cak3
    cak3 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hi, I'm new i started just a few days ago and i have a lvl 18 bm. I just wanted to ask if I'm distributing the atributes the right way.
    2-str
    2-dex
    1-vit / 1-mag
    Thx in advance.
    One more thing....what weapon is the best?

@cubexx
    PvE means Player Vs. Environment.
  • dantheman3
    dantheman3 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Yea i dont know what the kung fu master is for. If anyone knows plz post it b:laugh
  • dantheman3
    dantheman3 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    killablood wrote: »
    Hi there. I just want to start off by saying that you have an awesome guide that has helped me. However, I have been playing blademasters for a few levels and deleted them (i had about 3, testing it out). However, this time, I want a permanent blademaster character.

I'm going to be playing with my friend (who will be a mage), so I was wondering if I should be an dual axe or a dual sword. People have told me to be a dual axe because of the stuns. However, I also heard that dual axes... have a dexterity issue. While swords are pretty good, but lack AOE's. So I was wondering which would be a better choice. Also, I won't be playing with my friend everytime I log on, so that's also one point to think about. I want a type of Blademaster that can be a good partner for a mage, but also able to survive alone.

By reading your guide, I noticed that you yourself was a dual axe blademaster. I was just wondering how you are doing? Like is your damage decent? Is your survivability low or high? Thank you in advance

I was reading through the posts when i noticed that a couple people had a hard time deciding what blade master build to use.

For u undecided people out there id say that u shouldnt go for just one type of bm. The sword/dual sword and fist bms are too focused on dex to allow points to go into other stats. The hammer/ax builds focus so much on str they miss a lot and are easy to hit. In the middle is the spear bms who have good doge/acc and also some good damge, would be much stronger with more points in either of these catagories.

My bm is a combination. he has enough str to use the hammers and axes while he also has enough dex to use a spear. The extra stat points go into vit and a couple more into dex. This build for my bm gives him the acceracy and doge rate close to that of a sword bm while it also gives him the damage of the axes. He can switch between the TW dominating spear, or the stunning and grinding power of dual hammers/axes. This build makes the blademaster a force ot be recond with!! b:pleased
  • Exocet - Heavens Tear
    Exocet - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    @dantheman3

Suposing that u can are another class of BM, but still have the requirements for Dual Axe, u have enough spirit points to get the Axe stun skills, and switch from ur default wep to axe for stun whenever u want?

Also, if u are not using Axe, but u have the Axe stun skills, can u use them while using another kind of weapon?
  • GloveMaster - Sanctuary
    GloveMaster - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm a fist BM but i always make sure to have enough str to use axes for the AoE and the higher damage it works for me i have 5x str 5x
  • GloveMaster - Sanctuary
    GloveMaster - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm a fist BM but i always make sure to have enough str to use axes for the AoE and the higher damage it works for me i have 5x str 5x dex and 1x vit but im now doin 2 str 2dex 1 vit per level it works for me xD
  • Flesh_Ripper - Heavens Tear
    Flesh_Ripper - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Its a really good guide monarch
    i am starting a blademaster and i'm using this guide
    so thanks alot!b:thanks
  • Armegedon - Lost City
    Armegedon - Lost City Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    sucks that there is no build for dual swords.. like 3 dex 2 str and **** like that...
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    There're only 4 possible paths for Blademaster:

Sword/Blade (Single Sword, Single Blade, Dual Swords, Dual Blades)
    Polearm (Poleblade, Spear and Club)
    Axe/Hammer (Single Axe, Single Hammer, Dual Axes, Dual Hammers)
    Fist/Claw

This is because past some point, you start using only Legendary weapons or Twillight Temple weapons, and they are already premade for each path. For example, most TT weapons for Sword/Blade are Blade, some swords, and a few dual weapons, etc.

That's why there's a general build for each path, instead of one for every single weapon.
  • Sonicslashar - Heavens Tear
    Sonicslashar - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    good advice
    Im a single blade/sword Blademaster and am going the PVE blade/sword build
    Once a Ninja
    Now a Samarai
    Always a BladeMaster

I am SonicSlashar and I have spoken
  • Sleipial - Heavens Tear
    Sleipial - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    This does not cover much of Spear, but is a great guide! Why isn't this pinned? >.<
  • mexicanshoes
    mexicanshoes Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Blade/Sword:
    PVP build: Sources say to have more DEX and STR than required. So ensure you can wear the latest armor and sword then take your spare points and divide them among STR and DEX. Add to VIT as needed.
    PVE build: Enough str for heavy armor, enough dex for weapon, all other points into Vit

For the PVE build, what do you mean Enough str for heavy armour etc, I want to know how much I should put it up everytime. Im level 10 what should my stats be for Dual Blade.
  • Sleipial - Heavens Tear
    Sleipial - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    For the PVE build, what do you mean Enough str for heavy armour etc, I want to know how much I should put it up everytime. Im level 10 what should my stats be for Dual Blade.

When you go to a Tailor or a Blacksmith, notice that every equipment have a Requisite Strength. This is the point you need. Example:

L12 Armor Requisite Strength 12

That means you need to have 12 Str by the time you get to Level 12.

Hope this helps^^
  • mexicanshoes
    mexicanshoes Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    When you go to a Tailor or a Blacksmith, notice that every equipment have a Requisite Strength. This is the point you need. Example:

L12 Armor Requisite Strength 12

That means you need to have 12 Str by the time you get to Level 12.

Hope this helps^^

Ok thanks, is this really the best way to have a dual blade?
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Of course, if you were to look ahead at all the upcoming heavy armor items while you were at the tailor shop, you might notice that after level 20 the items follow a very simple pattern with a new item every 10 levels requiring about 25 more strength than the last one. If you average 2.5 STR/level, you will be doing "just enough strength for heavy armor." Likewise, "enough DEX for equipment" is approximately 1.5 per level if you are planning for any kind of swords.

So a pattern that has a minimum of 3 STR/1 DEX one level and then 2 STR/2 DEX is pretty much given by the minimum for the gear. The extra point per level is your choice. This guide (and all the comments) are telling you the reasons different people prefer to put that point into STR, VIT, or DEX or mix it up among those. There are pretty good arguments for any of those three (and no good argument for MAG), depending on your play style. Personally, I like the idea of VIT early on because it gives you the HP buffer against any kind of mistake. Later, you can start "perfecting" your character if you want more DEX or STR to hit better or harder or whatever. Others, however, like to invest this point in damage (STR or DEX) right away and claim that the best defense is always a good offense. Do whatever sounds good to you and then come back here and tell us how it worked for you.
This discussion has been closed.