Gfx Problem

Blackwire - Heavens Tear
Blackwire - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Support Desk
Well after my Nvidia card was fried on my girlfriends birthday, I ended up receiving an ATI Radeon 9250 for compensation (Not so sure if it's better than the old card, but it's fried now). Now there are various problems with the game (and many other I play...).

It goes something like this:

• Fire [in lanterns] show up as brown circles
  • Level 2 water shows up in blue rectangles
  • Underwater occurences: when underwater, the whole screen, besides the HUD, turns one shade of a color (Blue, orange, green, and I think grey)

The rest seem to be in order, and I've tried various things in the control center [for ATI] to try and fix the problem, but it doesn't seem to help. Is this a problem with ATI not wanting to render the graphics? If so, how can I fix it? Would I have to send it in and get it checked? Answers appreciated.
Post edited by Blackwire - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I use ATI and have no problem with the graphics. It might be the switch from Nvidia to ATI that is messing your computer up. Best bet is finding an Nvidia card again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magiterry - Lost City
    Magiterry - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2008

REMEMBER: when you switch graphic cards...REMOVE THE OLDER DRIVERS FIRST, then install the new cards software, and then install the card, then update to the newest version for the new card from the cards respective website.

also, just make sure you have all of your drivers up to date
  • Blackwire - Heavens Tear
    Blackwire - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008

REMEMBER: when you switch graphic cards...REMOVE THE OLDER DRIVERS FIRST, then install the new cards software, and then install the card, then update to the newest version for the new card from the cards respective website.

also, just make sure you have all of your drivers up to date

I've done just that. The problem is situated with ATI right now, I just can't isolate the problem.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The Radeon 9250 is not too good at DirectX 8.1 compliance. Some effects like shaders, transparency, and particle effects might not work as well as they would in a newer card. Even more unfortunately, driver support for the R200 chipset, on which the 9250 is based, has been gone for a long time. Do make sure you have the most recent supported drivers, specifically the Catalyst 6.11s.

You may need to fiddle with the game's display settings, especially Water, from either in-game or from the launcher's settings menu.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.