I'm drawing your character! If you're lucky.

Options

Comments

• Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Well, as post #2, I really had no chance of winning. <_<
    Gratz Clara.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • vogun
    vogun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Rule #1 was written with you and other quickdraw posters in mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I know, I'm not complaining really ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vogun
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I agree your chances seemed slim as more and more comments were posted. That said, I checked through the previous 6 months draws and on Wednesday 20 August the winning numbers were 1 - 29 - 32 - 33 - 34 - 38. With those numbers, it'd be a strong case for your win, Amiris.

In the unlikely event that Clara doesn't respond by Saturday's draw... we'll reroll using Saturday's numbers. That gives her/him roughly 48 hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trueazaril - Lost City
    Trueazaril - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    ur eyes look amazing in the pic, and love the way u put ur sig into it, its very creative.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • uangel
    uangel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Wow nice o.O
  • eatmangotea
    eatmangotea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Amazing everything. I did note you said something along the lines of "there are better artists out there, I don't think I'd make it" as a fellow artist-- not graphically but in ceramics and painting/drawing-- I feel your pain and understand your wording. But despite having agreed I think you are quite above the line of 'average'.

Strive for unique. Put as much of your heart into it as you can-- and even if you don't appear to be the golden gem in what would seem most peoples eyes-- your love for drawing will shine through more then would seem to be apparent.
    I know a couple of people irl who's paintings are currently being sold for almost a grand each, yet in my eyes I don't find their art that fantastic. Others clearly have as these friends of mine have sold many pieces!

When it comes down to it you just need the confidence... it always comes down to that word.
    You've definitely got something, consider submitting some pieces to a gaming company... you never know what people are looking for!
    :] Good luck and keep it up.
    I really should pay attention to my own words as well...
    Cleric: TrickyPony
    Veno: Osa
  • vogun
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I guess I don't have the confidence needed to really pursue this full time. But thanks for the pep.

3 more hours till Saturday's UK National Lottery. 3 more hours for Clara to respond with some pics for me, else we use today's draw to choose another winner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    *applying rule #1*. So now this post counts, I suppose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vogun
    edited December 2008
    Options
    UK's National Lottery has just been drawn with the winning numbers being:
    10 12 20 37 39 48
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vogun
    edited December 2008
    Options
    As post 48 doesn't exist, post 39 is the winner.

As post 39 is invalid, the win goes to the post immediately prior to 39.
    Post 38 is the winner. Congratulations to eatmangotea.

Doll up your favourite character with your favourite costume/outfit and post screenshots here. I would like front and back screenshots minimum please. Screenshots of other angles would possibly be helpful. I might, but probably won't, include a pet or mount in the picture, so a few screenshots of your pet/mount might influence the outcome.

Thank you everyone else for taking part and your generous comments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatmangotea
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Wow ... are you serious now? I didn't intend to win.. thats neat. I don't exactly have costumes so what do you advise I do? Just wear the armor I like best?

o.O oh dear.
  • livebynights
    livebynights Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    im am amazed ive never seen anything like tht before ur art is great ^ _ ^
    just the way her face look makes u stare at it and wonder what she's thinking , amazing job canrt wait to see more of ur art ^ _ ^
  • vogun
    edited December 2008
    Options

...I don't exactly have costumes so what do you advise I do? Just wear the armor I like best?

Yep.

Or mayhap you could tell me what costume/armour set you like best, possibly get me some screenshots of what it looks like, and I'll draw your character in that. Or nominate a friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatmangotea
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Oh okay neat. I might be buying the fawn mount... I duno if you'd incorporate that but yeah. I'll get SS's to you within the next 2 days ^^.
  • vogun
    edited December 2008
    Options
    It's been more than 2 days since your last post now, 8 days since you were picked. Sorry, but if you don't post your screenshots in 24 hours from now, (18:30 Sunday GMT) I'm going to open it up for another winner. Again ><.

If eatmangotea doesn't post by 18:30 Monday GMT, I'll post a puzzle on this thread. The first person to answer correctly AND gives me suitable screenshots of their character (front, back and side) will get the free commission.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • benlehardy
    benlehardy Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Amazing talentb:dirty
    Here you can learn from your death.
  • Trueazaril - Lost City
    Trueazaril - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    woot still a chance lolb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XColonelJoex - Sanctuary
    XColonelJoex - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Omg, i'm wanna get my character drawn DX btw, i love ur art, gl everyone~
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    b:shedtear I love how your drawing is all perfectly aligned and proportional. So jealousb:cry.

Anyways, keep up the work your an amazing artistb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatmangotea
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Err sorry!! *runs to take screens*

/back ^^

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s212/Maizor/PWTrickyPony/

Theres the link to my photo album.. I put about 10 screenies in. If you need others don't hesitate to ask...

I posted my deer in there was well but you don't have to incorporate if you don't want to as I understand thats more then just my character- but if you do I don't mind if I'm riding it or its standing behind, whatever you think looks best!
    I also put in 2 pics of the fairy dress as I wasn't sure if I wanted armor or the dress so you can pick that too. As for the colours I like coral, white, lilac and black(in order most to least). I put a coral piece of colouring on the lilac dress picture because I couldn't find anyone with that colour!
    Coral is the Malaysia versions name or that colour I saw on their chart- sorry if thats confusing. I actually like white a bit more then coral but I figured whites a bit harder to put in for some people... If you feel you're good and I bet you are then go ahead ^^.

If you can't decide from the options or want me to pick instead then tell me to... If I'm pressured I'll end up making a decision!

Thanks so much... I've always wanted to have a character drawn in a game I just never entered for anything intentionally!
    :D
  • vogun
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Thank you. I'll start drawing her in armour, when I get back from work.

There's a few details that I can't quite make out from your small screenshots. I may go in game and equip items myself just clear up a few things so what's the sets name and level?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatmangotea
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Levels 21-26 Mystique set (Arcane)
    Threw the 3 main front/side/side screens in the album with a larger size... hopefully thats better.
    ^^
    Thanks!
  • vogun
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I've been busy with work for the past couple of days and I'm going to be busy over the Christmas period. Here's a preview of how the pic is looking at the moment but I won't be able to work on it for a few days.
    tricky.jpg
    It's still in it's very early stages so now is your chance to mention any changes/preferences you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I guess by latest pic you mean the one you have on the first page. Here are my comments :)

The first thing I noticed was the piercing expression the girl is wearing. Very soft and pleasing choice of colors gives the picture a very complete feel despite the white background. The bite mark on the girl's left bat wing is an imaginative addition showing the illustrators courage to venture into creativity. At a glance the hairstyle seems to be replicating that of the existing PW models but at a closer look its a clever combination of several available hairstyles, perhaps giving a hint on the illustrator's personal preference in style. The lower body seems to be a bit rushed compared to the head, as the lining near the arms appear fuzzy and the strap of her tanktop lack depth. Overall the picture is a nice mix of originality and accurate in-game references.

*drinks a glass of white-russian*

mmmm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • eatmangotea
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Hello, It looks lovely so far! :)
    I see you incorporated both weapons as I had placed the wand in a screenshot as well. I'm not sure if I like both weapons being there at the moment but it could turn out really neat in the end!
    If I had to pick one I think I'd prefer the wand over the axe-wand... Just a thought! But do what you feel you think will look great, if you want to keep both- do it as I'm sure the picture will work out.

Thanks!!
  • Sajra - Lost City
    Sajra - Lost City Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    WOW, that is incredible.
    I'm in like 7 art classes and took some courses in other states on art and thats better than i can do.
    Your really talented. b:victory

by the way, i think i'll start doing a sketch of my character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Forsaken Sigs

Sajra - Level 31 - Hell Archer.
  • vogun
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I can lose the axe, no problem. Could I get a detailed screenie of the wand then, or tell me which wand it is so I can go in game and get one myself.

@Hisui: Superb evaluation of the picture. Some of what you're saying though, I didn't even realise myself.

@Sajra: Go for it. Can't ever have too much fanart, but this game/server shows a serious shortage of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaida
    kaida Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Very nice. ^^ I love your art, very pretty.

I'd love to see my character drawn by you o.o it'd be awesome..... Perhaps an art trade? ^^ I do artwork myself. http://rikaflare.deviantart.com is my DA page.
  • eatmangotea
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Hey.. merry christmas and happy new year!
    Sorry I'm such a pain in the a$$... should have let someone a little less 'choosy' win oh my...

I did end up buying the fairy dress... and the satin shoes. Both are in what I would call 'tinker-bell green' I knew I'd buy an outfit and I wish I had before you had started...
    Heres the sentence you don't want to hear: if its not that hard could you draw them in?
    Its perfectly okay if you say no as you've done an awesome job so far!

I've included SS's of the dress.. and the closest pictures I could currently find of the wand but I no longer have it.
    Hopefully it works and honestly don't worry about details-- freestyle it however you want.
    Wand:
    http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s212/Maizor/PWTrickyPony/skullwand.jpg?t=1231001348
    Dress:
    http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s212/Maizor/PWTrickyPony/2009-01-0308-22-17.jpg?t=1231001241
    http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s212/Maizor/PWTrickyPony/2009-01-0308-22-07.jpg?t=1231000914
    http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s212/Maizor/PWTrickyPony/2009-01-0308-30-04.jpg?t=1231001413

They're in my photoalbum from before http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s212/Maizor/PWTrickyPony/

I should give you coin for this... Mmm... well do what you want!
    Thanks *leaves and doesn't come back* ><