REMINDER: Invasion Event Today!

dvorak
dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Get ready the FB bosses are back! On Friday, December 5th, no one in the Perfect World will be safe from these dastardly monsters. Come to Pierced Heart Lake, party up, and ready those healing potions, because only the strong will survive!

For the Invasion Event this afternoon, you will not have to turn PK mode on.

Also keep in mind that with the 1.5x bonus XP going on this week, you have a chance to get some serious XP!

In order to alleviate some of the lag and make it more fair for people of all levels, we're going to be splitting the Invasion event up into two areas. One area will be for players under level 50. The other area will be for players above level 50. The mobs summoned at these areas will match up better with the level range of the players involved.

The event will still take in and around Pierced Heart Lake. The GMs will separate the groups from there, so keep an eye out for their instructions beforehand.

Again, the event times on each server are as follows (in Pacific Time):

Heavens Tear: 2:30pm
Lost City: 3:00pm
Sanctuary: 3:30pm

Bosses of all levels will be summoned, so players both new and experienced can test their mettle!!
pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
Post edited by dvorak on

Comments

• Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The last two liewise events ( Kill the GM and the first boss invasion) were total failure doe to lag. Why are you doing this again? Are you unable to learn from your mistakes?

It would be more brillaint to have various bosses spawn near each city/outposts, and have them appropriate for the level intented in those areas.

That way you would have :

1 - Less lag
    2 - Players sorted by level (unless some morons go into the lower level area to kill the bosses)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The last two liewise events ( Kill the GM and the first boss invasion) were total failure doe to lag. Why are you doing this again? Are you unable to learn from your mistakes?

who are you again and how were you privvy to the internal goals of our events to deem them failures or not?

based on our internal goals there were other factors besides lag to determine whether or not the past event could be deemed as a success or not and sorry to say that your expert opinion in this matter conflicts with ours. b:bye
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    who are you again and how were you privvy to the internal goals of our events to deem them failures or not?

based on our internal goals there were other factors besides lag to determine whether or not the past event could be deemed as a success or not and sorry to say that your expert opinion in this matter conflicts with ours. b:bye

wow what a moody gm.
    a few% of server shows up :check
    a few % of people that show up enjoy it :check
    server didn't crash: check
    it worked! success , mission accomplished!
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I had a great time! A few items, and I picked up some three star hammers. My friend got them, but he said he'd give them to me. Plus, it was fun to watch even with the lag. Did you guys honestly think there wouldn't be lag? Blanch has a good idea, but it was still fun.
  • lauran
    lauran Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008

o_O. Chill out... Everyone can express their own opinions...
  • Neitchze - Heavens Tear
    Neitchze - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I thought the event was decent. Though I did get jipped out of a few killes here and there.

I would suggest perhaps an instance-like system in the future. Special dungeon quests for parties which will be tailored to the average level of the party. The enemies inside would be decently difficult, but not too much so. They would change based on who enters or what party. This would allow more people to enjoy the event and get items and exp.

I didn't get a single item nor any exp (maybe a total of 100 exp). My above suggestion would definitely get me interested. You could make it so they could only be entered at certain times, on certain days, or once a month, or just whenever the hell you felt like. It would definitely make me want to try, because to be quite honest, I don't think i'll be attending future events for a long time...
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2008

As a player and customer, for me the main goal of an event is to have fun. And most of my friends' reactions to the 2 previous events accorded with mine : they were no fun, they were failure. And most of them did not attended to today's event based on the failure of the 2 previous one.

If PWI have other intent in those events beside players' fun, i don't know and don't care about them.

If you want to do stress server tests with those events, please stop calling them events and call them stress server tests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Sepfiroth - Lost City
    Sepfiroth - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    There were a lot of PKer's around the lowbie section, really didn't like that.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    As a player and customer, for me the main goal of an event is to have fun. And most of my friends' reactions to the 2 previous events accorded with mine : they were no fun, they were failure. And most of them did not attended to today's event based on the failure of the 2 previous one.

If PWI have other intent in those events beside players' fun, i don't know and don't care about them.

If you want to do stress server tests with those events, please stop calling them events and call them stress server tests.

pwn statement.
  • odb
    odb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    that was a complete waste of time. you had 90+ people in the under 50 area pking everyone. i screened over 30 different people who were 60+ in the under 50 area doing nothing but pking. talk about a great event. i'm real impressed
  • Neitchze - Heavens Tear
    Neitchze - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    odb wrote: »
    that was a complete waste of time. you had 90+ people in the under 50 area pking everyone. i screened over 30 different people who were 60+ in the under 50 area doing nothing but pking. talk about a great event. i'm real impressed

Thus my above suggestions. *Looks at suggestions on first page*... yeah, Thus...
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    >.> another sucky event. Invasion Event should be a suprise and probably should be held on the time where the highest peak of players are online.
    Just summon bosses and elite mobs that drops goodies in Main Towns, and then after the last mob is killed, Summon the strongest boss in the game. that's an invasion to me. Nice try though.

PS: Can I replace your event planner? b:laugh
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    lauran wrote: »
    o_O. Chill out... Everyone can express their own opinions...

im on the gms side on this one, its getting old at how often people are putting them and their events down

wanan solve the lag

turn down your settings makes a huge difference

mad that its not the event you wanted

make your own

many games out there get no love at all from anyone who works on them, and its sad to see that the gms here accually do that

and get disrespect out of it of all things

i can easily see why they are upset and i agree with them 100 percent

ive seen gms join player events as well, and STILL with that amount of attention to a game that is FREE btw, they get put down for accually taking the time to try and host an event

AND made an effort to orginize it BETTER for LESS lag and MORE EVEN PLAYERS

i bet anything that if all the gms just stop paying any attention to the game everyone woudl whine whine whine but in the end would be EXACTLY what they deserve, because they pushed it to that point

so the way i look at it is everyone needs to suck it up and learn how to appreciate the fact the gms dont sit on their bums all day laughing at everyone wishing they had some love for the game coming in

i see it all too often

i am not trying to be rude to anyone here so dont get me wrong or anything

but its getting plain pathetic how everyone seems to love to ride the " taking it for granted " train

high tail it off the trip to nowere land and put a smile on before your 100 percent out of reasons to do so in my opinion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    and just one more thing ( again not directed at anyone inparticular and not to be of offense, i really wont take part in a fight or anything so any rude comments back on mine will go un responded ) why is it so many of the people who are saying boo to the events

join the events?

i can see it now

each of them running for president

an early start on hypocracy, hell they are ganna have it made!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Ok, my 2 cents on this.

I was able to participate during the whole Invasion time today, BUT certain factors led me to think it was not a complete success. I participated the LV50 and below so Im listing what was good and not from what I remember at this moment.

- The area (at least for LV50 and below) was pretty decent. It was pretty near the center of the PW map and the actual battles took mainly on a medium sized island and the shore accross it which gave a 'OMG we bein invaded!' feel when several of the mobs bunched up on us. (Tension is nessesary lol)

- Pretty much easy to find a squad. Everyone was willing to invite almost anyone that needed a squad just for the fun of it.

- More than a few of us are complaining about the Lag felt when the players and mob where at their peek. (aka 'slideshow' screen) which leads me to believe that maybe the company side can update the technical parts like lag. (considering PWI made this game difficult enough so that buying gold with real $$ is nessesary for some, they probably make close profit from those MMORPGs with monthly fees)

- Another concern I also had was 1/3 of the people gathered at the LV50 and below invasion area were well over LV50+'s leeching to not get killed TOO easily or PKing (instead of going to their designated area 50 and above) This created extra lag that could have been avoided, and a little more of the items could have went to the actual LV50 and below people.
    So:
    a) Maybe they can create the area to have a LV50 capp & uncapped area for the 50+ or,
    b) Add 1-2 more areas on the map (so total 3-4 areas) and make it for all LVs

EDIT: Saw at least one GM name in the area running here and there with the crowd probably to participate or watch over us, which I think was a plus. Only downside to that was I had most of my filters on including the one to make half the players around me invisible so I couldnt see how the GM looked like or what they where actually doing lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    ive seen gms join player events as well, and STILL with that amount of attention to a game that is FREE btw, they get put down for accually taking the time to try and host an event

are you serious using the this game is free argument? this "free" game makes more money then subscription games with similar player pool, statistics say, so NEVER EVER use that as an excuse , either youll be a. wrong or b. supporting unfair attention of GM to people that play
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Eh, it was alright. I didn't bother participating, knowing it would just be PKing and lag everywhere. So I just watched all the chaos and laughed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]