Wedding Packages

Dalamarelven - Sanctuary
Dalamarelven - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Cash Shop Huddle
My gf wants to get married on pw, but i won't use the cash shop to get the items. Any idea how much they cost if i buy them off someone or through an auctioneer? If you have any of these items and are willing to sell them send me a message and we'll work something out thank you:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Signature made by Forsakenx

Join the Knights of Solamnia lvl. 2 Faction
Post edited by Dalamarelven - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    3mil each. So 6mil together, take or give a few hundred k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miaku - Heavens Tear
    Miaku - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Unfortunately that's true. The approximate exchange rate is 100k coins = 1 gold (and the packages are 30 gold each)
    "Those who say it can't be done, should get out of the way of those who are doing it."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature created by: Forsakenx
  • Dalamarelven - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    O.o why such an astronomical price?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lenablade - Heavens Tear
    Lenablade - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    coz they can do it and really dont give a damn bout anyone else. Dog eat Dog world in PWI lol..the sad thing is I still play the damn thing lmao
  • mightynyx
    mightynyx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008

I am not sure where that price came from, but unfortunately that is how much gold is going for at the Auctioneer. It might be different in Sanctuary? It used to be about 1 gold = 95k coins a month ago, but it's going for about 110k in Heaven's Tear now. So that is how Cash Shop items are priced with in game coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Revolt.
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    coz they can do it and really dont give a damn bout anyone else. Dog eat Dog world in PWI lol..the sad thing is I still play the damn thing lmao

nah thats not true ive found this game to incredably kind compaired to others, try out shadowbane for a while and youll realise the kindness and helpfull ness is much larger in pwi
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sweaty - Heavens Tear
    Sweaty - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2008

Are you going to tell your girlfriend you wont get married to her because it costs $60?
  • zenostrife
    zenostrife Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    private servers FTW , fk all these greedy ****. Nuff said.
  • mightynyx
    edited November 2008
    Are you going to tell your girlfriend you wont get married to her because it costs $60?

I don't know what kind of girlfriend wouldn't be understanding about that? I know the logical ones wouldn't demand it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Revolt.
  • Temerayn - Sanctuary
    Temerayn - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I wouldn't say that.

I'm a rather logical person myself, always have been.

Average movie date costs how much? $30 these days? Tickets run about 9-10 now, add on snacks for the both and that's at least $30.

If a guy I'm with can't shill out $60 for something we both enjoy? I'd think he was a cheapskate and a few other unpleasent terms.

... And find a new boyfriend definitly. XD
  • mightynyx
    edited November 2008
    I wouldn't say that.

Average movie date costs how much? $30 these days? Tickets run about 9-10 now, add on snacks for the both and that's at least $30.

If a guy I'm with can't shill out $60 for something we both enjoy? I'd think he was a cheapskate and a few other unpleasent terms.

Well, it seems we like to spend money different. You compare it to the evenly ridiculous movie date prices which I'd never do. I'd rather get a movie from the redbox outside of my grocery store for a dollar and get my own snack. I don't go around spending money like it's nothing. Maybe the guys you like to date have quite a bit of money to begin with? :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Revolt.
  • Zress - Lost City
    Zress - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I wouldn't say that.

b:chuckleyou have logic like my 18 year old dear. very self serving. I have the ability to afford these, but I told my RL husband, umm hell no hon, that is just crazy for the amount of perks you get from it. = not a good value.
  • mzanthro
    mzanthro Posts: 9
    edited November 2008
    What exactly are the perks? I haven't seen anything.

I just started yesterday and i've been poking around the cash shop looking at things.
  • Rosewhite - Sanctuary
    Rosewhite - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    mzanthro wrote: »
    What exactly are the perks? I haven't seen anything.

I just started yesterday and i've been poking around the cash shop looking at things.

I believe its your husband/wife's name above your head and a special weekly quest. I'm not married in game so someone confirm this for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm just a vagabond with flowers for Algernon...
    edited December 2008
    i've also heard rumors about a weekly quest but have no valid proof yet, if anyone has some please let me know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited December 2008
    and actually we are still planning on getting married, she doesn't know i'm buying the wedding packages, i found a seller and have been getting the gold together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'd be happy if I'd get a flower from time to time^^;
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Aluviell - Heavens Tear
    Aluviell - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Im just curious how people get 100 K so easily in game? I have done the shop thing and fought alot to get gold and it still took me a while to gain just the 112K I have!

The only thing I am thinking is these people have no job sit on thier butt ALL day and play pw to get that kind of in world gold!
    I was going to try to beef up my zen a little bit til I found out it will only get me 1 gold piece
    Riddiculous!
  • Rosewhite - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Im just curious how people get 100 K so easily in game? I have done the shop thing and fought alot to get gold and it still took me a while to gain just the 112K I have!

The only thing I am thinking is these people have no job sit on thier butt ALL day and play pw to get that kind of in world gold!
    I was going to try to beef up my zen a little bit til I found out it will only get me 1 gold piece
    Riddiculous!

There are two things I want to say here: First of all, DON'T assume that every person that has 100k+ have no life and spend all their time playing PW. That's what we call a "generalization." I have around that much money sitting in my bank at the moment. I work in the mornings and go to school 3 times a week so I don't have time to play like I want to. So does that mean that I have no life?

You wanna know how I get so much money. I grind DQ mobs for DQ drops and I always pick my money and items off the ground. I don't bother doing a catshop because I don't like having my computer running all night like that. So generally what I did is grinding for DQ drops and NPC them. I decompose weapons and armor (if I can't use them) for the stones to power my manta ray. And the only time I get to spend any serious time on the game is on the weekends. So before you go and make stupid generalizations, maybe you should think before you type.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azurehaven
    azurehaven Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well said RoseWhite :)

DQ drops are how I've made my money in-game too, however, I do vendor mine at night ^^

I'm a full-time college student Aluviell ... I don't have time to sit on my BUTT all day and play when I have papers, projects, or some major formal graded work due every week. Most of my freetime is on the weekends ... and even then I still meet with classmates to review, study, do homework, and even a required workshop for organic chemistry. On top of school there's work to pay for this education ...

... again ... well said RoseWhite.
    Closed Beta Tester
  • Rosewhite - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    azurehaven wrote: »
    Well said RoseWhite :)

DQ drops are how I've made my money in-game too, however, I do vendor mine at night ^^

I'm a full-time college student Aluviell ... I don't have time to sit on my BUTT all day and play when I have papers, projects, or some major formal graded work due every week. Most of my freetime is on the weekends ... and even then I still meet with classmates to review, study, do homework, and even a required workshop for organic chemistry. On top of school there's work to pay for this education ...

... again ... well said RoseWhite.

No problem, us poor college students have to stick together. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rieango - Sanctuary
    Rieango - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I still think that there is a large amount of time invested in DQ grinding. It took me several hours just to get the five drops I needed ( honey juice from Centipex-type mob). Is the payout from NPC's really that great for the time invested? Has anyone had better luck trying to sell DQ drops from cat-shops? If you don't mind me asking Rosewhite: For the time you spent can you give me an example of the amount you earned, and the mob level you were grinding? Thanks
  • Rosewhite - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    I didn't get that money all at once. I actually started collecting the lvl 20 DQ drops for the bankers quest and I decided that I was going to keep collecting that stuff to do DQ when i turned lvl 20. Mostly I got DQ 20 drops especially the soft fur from the wolves near the mines on the western outskirts of Archosaur. I also had antenna from insect mobs likes the ones on Flag Hill near the northern outskirts of Archosaur. The Malice Jackelalites near Orchid Temple drop Element fragments. Although I suggest that you go after non agressive mobs like for instance the Torgins around Silver pool and across the Great Lake at lvl 30. The Antelope pubs drop dews pretty often. I don't really like to grind and i usually do quests. You get a couple of great quests to kill those Torgins I mentioned and you can pick up quite a few that way. You have to kill like 40 or 50 of those things. Again, I'm a veno so with my pet I only seriously grinded for about 2 or 3 hours and I got about 10 of the element fragments. If you grind the places I spoke off as well as do your quests. I often get several quests at once in the same place. You can pick up DQ items (especially lvl 20 ones) rather quickly because they drop a whole lot. Doing the quests and a bit of extra grinding, I NPC my DQ drops and got a 100k easily. i had about 20 to 30 of each of the bankers quest drops and that's because I would simply stick them in my bank whenever i was in town to save space in my inventory and then later sold them to a NPC for ready gold. I then went back to the bank and put most of it there and they kept me from spending it all at once. I just went and took my 200k out and bought a few more skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crystyl
    crystyl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    mightynyx wrote: »
    I don't know what kind of girlfriend wouldn't be understanding about that? I know the logical ones wouldn't demand it.

Did you just use the words "girlfriend" and "logical" in the same sentence?
    b:chuckle b:laugh
    "pay to WIN"? Ok you win! now go away and let the rest of us "Play in Peace" without your whining!
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    took me several hours just to get the five drops I needed ( honey juice from Centipex-type mob)

Your grinding the wrong mob for honey juice lol. Try the spiders and mobs at Hidden Orchid. Easy DQ drops especially Dew of Orb and Honey Dew. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • zionwarrior
    zionwarrior Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I didn't get that money all at once. I actually started collecting the lvl 20 DQ drops for the bankers quest and I decided that I was going to keep collecting that stuff to do DQ when i turned lvl 20. Mostly I got DQ 20 drops especially the soft fur from the wolves near the mines on the western outskirts of Archosaur. I also had antenna from insect mobs likes the ones on Flag Hill near the northern outskirts of Archosaur. The Malice Jackelalites near Orchid Temple drop Element fragments. Although I suggest that you go after non agressive mobs like for instance the Torgins around Silver pool and across the Great Lake at lvl 30. The Antelope pubs drop dews pretty often. I don't really like to grind and i usually do quests. You get a couple of great quests to kill those Torgins I mentioned and you can pick up quite a few that way. You have to kill like 40 or 50 of those things. Again, I'm a veno so with my pet I only seriously grinded for about 2 or 3 hours and I got about 10 of the element fragments. If you grind the places I spoke off as well as do your quests. I often get several quests at once in the same place. You can pick up DQ items (especially lvl 20 ones) rather quickly because they drop a whole lot. Doing the quests and a bit of extra grinding, I NPC my DQ drops and got a 100k easily. i had about 20 to 30 of each of the bankers quest drops and that's because I would simply stick them in my bank whenever i was in town to save space in my inventory and then later sold them to a NPC for ready gold. I then went back to the bank and put most of it there and they kept me from spending it all at once. I just went and took my 200k out and bought a few more skills.

also if u are looking for a higher lvl area to kill for DQ items head to i believe its city of misfortune and kill the snakes and centipod things they drop DQ items that are worth around 1.5-2.5K apiece depending also the mobs are lvl 51-52 i think the snakes have a poison skill which they stack fast and it is devistating if u are not careful also they have a bramble skill which returns around 1/3 of ur dmg the centipods have bleed and dont poison i think so if u can kill lvl 50-55mob go there and hunt the DQ's drop like moths to a flame and i am 20 with a night job so i cant always be on but i sleep roughly 5hours get on for a few then go to work for around 6-8hours of stocking the shelves and that is not as easy as it may look it looks very easy when u dont do it but it is not easy and i also take a few classes here and there when i have time so its life
    thx have fun and enjoy pwi all im ghost for now
    340e1f28-2806-453d-8005-5420e7eb9a6b.jpg
    Check my older posts by profile I am far older than 2010 I was from beta just got on forums in 2008 otc for the first time.
  • Rieango - Sanctuary
    Rieango - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thanks for all the info Rosehite, and WindGaurdian too. After I gave up on the DQ for a while and went on with regular quest I was able to find all the items I needed. The weekend was quite productive for me. In about 5 hours total I was able to earn quite a bit. I stated with about 80k and now I have at least 250k. I also did some reading on ways to save money, and one of the best tips I read was to NOT use the teleport, unless it's from say Etherblade to City of the Plume. I saved myself several thousand just by running from place to place. Especially from Etherblade to Achosaur, or Etherblade to City of the Lost. It takes a couple minutes, but It was worth it not to spend 2k just to go there and back.
  • Rosewhite - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Thanks for all the info Rosehite, and WindGaurdian too. After I gave up on the DQ for a while and went on with regular quest I was able to find all the items I needed. The weekend was quite productive for me. In about 5 hours total I was able to earn quite a bit. I stated with about 80k and now I have at least 250k. I also did some reading on ways to save money, and one of the best tips I read was to NOT use the teleport, unless it's from say Etherblade to City of the Plume. I saved myself several thousand just by running from place to place. Especially from Etherblade to Achosaur, or Etherblade to City of the Lost. It takes a couple minutes, but It was worth it not to spend 2k just to go there and back.

Glad to be of assistance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]