PWI Machinima

DarkDefender - Sanctuary
DarkDefender - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Ok, everyone I know on the net knows me as Panda, but seeing as theres a ton of nicknames by that just call me DarkDefender. I run a metal gear solid online machinima movie website, machinima is the form of taking an online gaming environment, maps, characters, items, overall gameply and using it as my own studio, my own production area to create scripts created by me and any other whom I choose to help write.

I may be building my own fansite, yes fansite, I am a web designer and fell in love with this game at the right moment. Few questions I need to ask though before I go planning anything big.

Can you remove HUD completely? HUD is the (Heads up Display) menu, life bar, chat box etc. And play in full screen without any HUD and nametags overhead whatsoever?
And I may create a guild just for this, it'll be called CpmStudios. I love having fun in games, games are meant to be played and enjoyed, not taken advantage of and taken ever so seriously. But there are other things you can experience about the game, and that is Machinima, or other things such as art, radioplay, etc.

If I were to create a community a fan community based on the sole purpose of creating PWI Machinima parodies & movies/series. Would that also go against any violations? Would PWI support it by at least giving me a thumbs up? I refuse to do anything not permitted. I have a large list of personal and acquired through experience, voice actors. All I would need are solid in-game actors with patients and willingness to listen. I am not trying to advertise, only share my goal, my passion and my creative endeavors with PWI. This is the first, of many of my MMO's that I enjoy very much.

If there is anything I need to know, or anyone has any idea's I already have my domain, I have a plan I just need those who wish to share this dream with me, this goal, this passion. Gaming is important to me, not for fun, but for a far greater reason. You will learn why, let's just say this will be a new experience for every PWI player. If this has been done before, it may not have been solid, and I will make this solid.

My name is DarkDefender, in Sanctuary. Whisper or PM me anytime you want. I am planning and waiting for responses to this thread to make sure I can go to step 2. Step 1 is this thread, step 2 is gathering ideas, and new info and working it all in. Step 3 is production. We'll leave step 4 til after 1-3.

Thank you PWI! You guys rock, you all are so dang respectful and I look forward to your acquaintances!

-DarkDefender

PS. I stole the name from a fellow Dexter fan on another forum I am part of for a ps3 title haha I totally never thought of it so if I get him into this game he might be mad hehe.
I'm looking for a guild! Please message me in-game! I hope to find one that is family oriented and willing to help!
Server: Sanctuary
Name: DarkDefender
Email: TheDarkDefenderMgo[at]Yahoo
Post edited by DarkDefender - Sanctuary on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I have just forwarded this to a GM so hopefully he will answer asap meaning when he has time as the maintainence is still going on. b:chuckle

On a personal note... I have seen something similar to what you suggest on another game... The community loved it and it was a great success! b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkDefender - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Thank you Aryannamage, I appreciate it alot. I've done Machinima for 4 years and gaming for 13 years, combining all my passions together with this community would be awesome.
    I currently create Metal Gear Online machinima for Playstation 3, but I want to get back into the PC Machinima scene now that I have a better PC.

Again thank you, I had the same idea in 2 other MMOrpg sites and got nothing but rude comments because people think machinima is pointless. But if you love movies and gaming this will be perfect! (no pun intended) I might buy a domain and create PerfectStudios.

Oh I plan on doing podcasts as well, discussions through voice about PWI and the machinima and other news regarding pwi and whatnot with fellow players and maybe special guest GM's and creators? :)
    I'm looking for a guild! Please message me in-game! I hope to find one that is family oriented and willing to help!
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thank you Aryannamage, I appreciate it alot. I've done Machinima for 4 years and gaming for 13 years, combining all my passions together with this community would be awesome.
    I currently create Metal Gear Online machinima for Playstation 3, but I want to get back into the PC Machinima scene now that I have a better PC.

Again thank you, I had the same idea in 2 other MMOrpg sites and got nothing but rude comments because people think machinima is pointless. But if you love movies and gaming this will be perfect! (no pun intended) I might buy a domain and create PerfectStudios.

Oh I plan on doing podcasts as well, discussions through voice about PWI and the machinima and other news regarding pwi and whatnot with fellow players and maybe special guest GM's and creators? :)

Hiya DarkDefender:

We have absolutely no reservations about users utilizing our game elements for machinima purposes. The only time we would raise a fuss is if we discovered that said machinima creations were being sold for profit, but other then that the sky is the limit so to speak.

Anyway, keep us posted as your machinima creations and/or fansite start taking shape. We may even introduce a 'community fan sites' type forum down the line if more users start taking interest in the creation and participation of such venues.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance!
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    DarkFender,

Let me know when you come out with a movie. ^__^

"The journey may be long, the battles may be endless. But I will forever be gliding with the winds"

-WindGaurdian
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    To remove your HUD, press Alt + H.

To remove NPC, Player names select System (the tool looking icon at the lower right of the HUD), Select System Settings (The Computer looking Icon), and then select the UI tab up at the top. There you can toggle any displays you want.

Hope that helps. Can't wait to see what you come up with! b:bye
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Rojoverde - Sanctuary
    Rojoverde - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    O.O looks cool I wanna be an actor b:victoryb:victoryb:victory lol if thats possible.b:laugh
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    There's also a fairly powerful mobile camera system accessible by pressing the F9 key. It isn't automated, but it can be a helpful tool for a film-maker that doesn't want to stand inside a nasty AoE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    Awesome! just...awesome thank you guys so much! These replies made me smile.
    I can assure you I have no intentions of making profit, only thing I get paid in is experience, fun and more fun.

I would love to record on the highest settings possible but I can record at average settings for awhile until I get my new computer with a 10x better graphic card. My current one isn't bad.
    Any ideas are welcomed, you guys were already a huge help thank you! I am starting on the website today actually and will continue til it is finished. I will be writing scripts and if anyone has the creative endeavors of writing, contact me at the email I posted above in the first post.

I think a fansite forum/dedication thing would be a great addition. Maybe I can even inspire others to make their own fansites. :) Any help is greatly appreciated, I love the fact you can go into FPV mode using the scroll on your mouse, that's what got me hyped up in the first place haha.

Much love fellow gamers! Ty!
  • Sonicslashar - Heavens Tear
    Sonicslashar - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I love the idea of a machinima based on PWI
    Ill be the first to watch it when its out
    Keep up the good work
    Once a Ninja
    Now a Samarai
    Always a BladeMaster

I am SonicSlashar and I have spoken
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Make a Music Video if possible :D
    Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xciuYTeu4Qc

Cause that would be EPIC :D
    Back.
    edited December 2008
    That WOULD be epic. Thank you guys for being so supportive, I didn't expect it at all.
    <3 I am planning still, and am gathering some staff for the site.
    Anyone that has vision and creativity to write, contact me my email is in my signature below. Anyone who can help me with web management, contact me. I'm trying to get 100k so I can create a guild, it'll be called CpmStudios. It wont be for what normal guilds are for though, it'll be for management of the In-Game actors and also I plan to have some fun too in the game, if ppl join it, they can join me and others on some games I have in mind and some random 'exploration' fun.

Think of massive parties all running together fighting high lvl monsters and just being silly. But mostly it'll be a helping out guild too with benefit of in-game acting and being part of the actor staff. I hope to have 100k soon I got like 55k to go lol.