My build for dual blade

kevinh1223
kevinh1223 Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Blademaster
So I am lvl 11 at the moment. My build for my blademaster is 3str:2dex even lvl, 3dex:2str odd lvl, or vice versa because i forgot. I did not add vit and it is still at 5. I wonder, is vit reeally needed? Vit provides hp and recovery rate and some def, but instead of putting points into vit, wont it be better to just put points into str? Since str gives attack and defense and I think it gives more defense then vit.
Post edited by kevinh1223 on

Comments

• Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The points you are putting into STR are just about the minimum for heavy armor. This is a usual amount of STR for a blademaster (although some builds go for light armor only). The place you are putting all your VIT points is into DEX since you only have to have 3 DEX every 2 levels for any sword's requirements and your build has 5. That will give you some evasion advantage (against physical attacks ONLY), a better chance to hit, and slowly a higher critical chance. Since magical attacks alwas hit, though, you will be a bit vulnerable to these. Most people put some points into VIT (with real debate about how many is optimal) as a bit of a buffer against magical attacks. At level 11 magical attacks from mobs are rare, but they get a lot more common starting after about level 20. This is not to say your build will not work if you develop other ways to cope with the magic attacks, but you want to be anticipating that development now.
  • XangChi - Heavens Tear
    XangChi - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well said but you might want to mention that he is also capable of wearing Light Armor when going up against Magic types. Switching armors between battles might be a pain and time consuming but it would help. Also, just some advice I've seen in other posts, you might want to place 5 vit every 10 levels. Most PvP BM's cap there vit at 50 by level 100 and by placing 5 vit every 10 levels you would be doing the same.
  • kevinh1223
    edited December 2008
    thank you, I understand now. So 5 vit every 10 lvls untill lvl 50 would be sufficient for me to handle magic mobs. Ill do that.
  • kevinh1223
    edited December 2008
    I am thinking of doing 1 vit per lvl and 2str:2dex. Would this be good?
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    1 VIT, 2 STR, 2 DEX is a build that will eventually limit you to light armor. It is also sacrificing some damage when you hit for some greater chances to hit (or to crit), some greater evasion, and some extra HP. Nobody can tell you if this is a good tradeoff, though. It is up to you to decide if this is the character you want to build and play. One warning about that tradeoff, though, is that if you use a lot of skills in your attacks, their "casting" time will pretty much determine the pace of your attack. I think blademasters who build 1/2/2 tend to be light armor wearing fist users who tend to not use skills and just beat up mobs really fast. Fist because the weapons have particularly high attack speeds (something like 2 attacks per second?) which complements that play style. It can work and I expect it can work following the sword path too if you are creative.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    kevinh1223 wrote: »
    I am thinking of doing 1 vit per lvl and 2str:2dex. Would this be good?

Even Levels: 3 STR | 1 DEX | 1 VIT
    Odd Levels: 2 STR | 1 DEX | 2 VIT

Up until you get 50 base VIT, then you go 5 STR/5 DEX Every 2 levels.