Forum mods need to gag/cap new "Same Gender Embracing" Posts

Options
Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear
Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Suggestion Box
My suggestion is simple. And it applies only to the forums.

Simply put, PWI has made it rather clear that same gender embracing is NOT going to happen. However, it seems that about every, what, three days there's someone complaining about how it's unfair that female players can't embrace/carry other female characters.

What is the point in allows discussions on a topic when a company has a firm stance on the issue? I guess what I'm also saying is all the work and research I put into describing relationships in China and the mysticism behind the concepts of the Yin-Yang are totally wasted.

So as soon as such a complain or suggestion is lodged, I think it would be best if the mods capped it right there. Further discussion is accomplishing nothing more than creating a lot of **** and creating animosity.

And no, it's not that I dislike same gender activities IRL. It's just that game belongs to the people who created it. They decided the content, players decide this gender. The owners and programmers made the decisions, and if a decision if concrete, then it should not be open for discussion.
"Everything is worth what the purchaser will pay for it." -Publius Syrius

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

"The Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish, no interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    ^120% Support b:victory

There should be a general FAQ for suggestions and such, and it should be an actual rule to read it before suggesting something, just like on a lot of forums.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    sometimes though, things need to be aired out and discussed out in the open. we don't believe in closing down threads just because the topic has already been discussed ad-nauseam.

perhaps though we could do a better job at merging/combining such threads in the future so we'll be sure to pay closer attention to such future discussion.

Shazzobt Out!
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Combining all the related threads would increase the moderation work load substantionally, since us users always will be messy buggers. b:laugh It would be nice if the system was automated though.

Stickied polls would help too to give everyone a chance to vote particular features all in one place and help the team find out what's most desired.

Those that can't be changed or added can be also compiled in a stickied list but people will still ask/complain.

Still it's always nice for exotic features being added every so often, in fact any desirable additions (such as housing, improved guild functions, etc) whether user demanded or not will make this the most improving MMORPG I've played yet, since most seem to completely ignore their userbase unless it's servere glitches that effects everyone's gaming experience enough. PWI is the first MMORPG I've played where I've seen both GM's in-game and actually do talk to their players.

Giving us an idea of what can be changed and what can't would help greatly too though. b:victory
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear
    Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    sometimes though, things need to be aired out and discussed out in the open. we don't believe in closing down threads just because the topic has already been discussed ad-nauseam.

perhaps though we could do a better job at merging/combining such threads in the future so we'll be sure to pay closer attention to such future discussion.

Shazzobt Out!

Discussion and such are fine, but generally it breaks don to some people going, "that be hot, but don't let guys hug" and "WFT OMG GROSS!!1!" Discussion would be awesome, but generally it turns into a "Since Americans be be ****, such things should be allowed here!" The thought that Chinese mysticism and tradition take a big role in the game is pretty much discarded.

Nothing about **** people personally, but it's kind of distressing that the game, it's creators, and the belief system upon which it all is based upon can't be respected. It wouldn't hurt if a lot of the people who were "suggesting" did just a smidge of research.

I think a general FAQ would probably be a good solution. It might even help explain away WHY PW is the way it is.
    "Everything is worth what the purchaser will pay for it." -Publius Syrius

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

"The Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish, no interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wwing - Heavens Tear
    Wwing - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I don't care about same sex or different sex. Just want the chi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    News Project Fox in [][]http://pwifox.blogspot.com[][] Santa Claus is a lie.
    12/17 2008 PerfectFox Index (Heavens Tear) : 1 gold = 113558.91~114972.42
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    It would seem likely that the original devs grant them the ability/permission to edit limited functions and content and even if they could edit it, it may go out of the licence agreement, which means it's not legal for them to do so.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    My suggestion is simple. And it applies only to the forums.

Simply put, PWI has made it rather clear that same gender embracing is NOT going to happen. However, it seems that about every, what, three days there's someone complaining about how it's unfair that female players can't embrace/carry other female characters.

What is the point in allows discussions on a topic when a company has a firm stance on the issue? I guess what I'm also saying is all the work and research I put into describing relationships in China and the mysticism behind the concepts of the Yin-Yang are totally wasted.

So as soon as such a complain or suggestion is lodged, I think it would be best if the mods capped it right there. Further discussion is accomplishing nothing more than creating a lot of **** and creating animosity.

And no, it's not that I dislike same gender activities IRL. It's just that game belongs to the people who created it. They decided the content, players decide this gender. The owners and programmers made the decisions, and if a decision if concrete, then it should not be open for discussion.

First post worth anything of value in the suggestions forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • waffl3ookie
    waffl3ookie Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Discussion and such are fine, but generally it breaks don to some people going, "that be hot, but don't let guys hug" and "WFT OMG GROSS!!1!" Discussion would be awesome, but generally it turns into a "Since Americans be be ****, such things should be allowed here!" The thought that Chinese mysticism and tradition take a big role in the game is pretty much discarded.

Nothing about **** people personally, but it's kind of distressing that the game, it's creators, and the belief system upon which it all is based upon can't be respected. It wouldn't hurt if a lot of the people who were "suggesting" did just a smidge of research.

I think a general FAQ would probably be a good solution. It might even help explain away WHY PW is the way it is.

It's not about "american's being ****" or them being allowed to and such things should be allowed. It is the fact that let's face it, honestly, do none of you and your friends (of same sex) hug? I understand that embrace is a kissing pose but they could change it. And we should be allowed to make our suggestions, just because the game devs said they aren't doing it, doesn't mean that if we continue to suggest it, have discussions involving why and why not LOGICALLY, then they will make their decision. We should be allowed to make our own suggestions whatever they may be, because this is our way on contributing to making the game better, or suggesting what we would like? I heard some people saying "but it won't happen anyway" regarding certain suggestions, now that post is irrelevant because how do they know it won't happen? We simply put up suggestions of things we would like and argue our point of view, other's place their points and we along with the game developers make our opinion based on those arguments. Then the game developers will decide yes or no and the cycle continues. Now if as somebody said it "is illegal" then people should stop posting about it but as it hasn't been declared about that yet.
  • TyberHUN - Sanctuary
    TyberHUN - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    theres pples who making moeny with embrace (untamed barbs,winged elves,and some 30+ pples)so those who can fly or can move fast
  • Zethanal - Heavens Tear
    Zethanal - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    OMG LYKE Y0U 4R3 4 W4NN4B3 M0D PL0X! Nah nah joking. 300% support. This isnt gonna happen and I yet see many spammers trying to do this. I tried it once but I then thinked about it and I see how many difrent religions are playing this game too. But don't start saying "DUNT M3NT10N R3L1G1ONS!" but it is true and I respect there belifes. So if it isnt gonna happen, it ISN'T gonna happen.

But yes I agree! Thank you for posting this! b:victory
    "Death is just a new path, a path everyone has to take." -Gandalf
  • Tiffanny - Sanctuary
    Tiffanny - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    This entire topic is just more proof that homosexuals and their supporters are typically thoughtless idiots. To expect the Chinese game developers to embrace radical western idealogies, and devote huge resources to recoding their game--ignoring a million glaring issues of far more importance--simply to portray a "****" MMO world, is just.... pathetic. Laughable. Again, more proof that to homosexuals and their brainwashed supporters, nothing else in all of human existance matters other than forcing everyone to join in with them in the defense, celebration, and promulgation of their chosen lifestyle...

b:surrender<<<what all the **** really want from PWI
  • silverkitty
    silverkitty Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    a) they don't tell you when making a character that there will be gender limitations on certain actions.
    b) embracing gives a chi advantage
    c) embracing allows people to fly the flightless or the slower

all this could be addressed simply in one of two ways:

1) remove the restriction on who can embrace whom (which the devs said will never happen)
    or
    2) remove the chi gain, limit movement speed to slower of the two embraced characters, prohibit flight unless both players are able to fly on their own (I think this would be the most fair - especially because it gets rid of _free chi_ when I usually have to cast spells like mad to build it up)
    or
    3) inform players during character creation, just as they are informed of class advantages and disadvantages, that there are gender advantages and disadvantages (specifically, female characters can't be as helpful as males in some circumstances) (this would be easiest to implement of course)
    or
    4) separate carrying from embracing - have a carry for chi/flight/movement which is more like fireman's carry (over the shoulder) which anyone can do - and the loving embrace carry which is like the current one (this sidesteps the hobophobia issue somewhat and is fair. removes confusion for newbies when the button is labelled "embrace" but the message is "would like to carry you". and has the advantage of eventual potential expansion to "can fireman's carry someone's body to a safe place for resurrection". this would take the most work to implement)

to me it's not a **** issue, it's an issue of advantages given arbitrarily on something that's not advertised as having certain restrictions or enhancements.

I do agree that if they have a policy, they should make a BE ALL AND END ALL thread about it and any new thread that starts should be closed with a final post containing a link to the proper thread.