Keyboard layout

2»

Comments

• Kusaku - Lost City
    Kusaku - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    To auto run just click on the sky above u but i do agree about the keyboard layout it would be great to be able to change it
    So for my bad spelling ^^
    CUTE THINGS ><
    Dieing with style and skill since 1989

Frav Qoute :
    "Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."
  • tamanous
    tamanous Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    As annoying as it is not having a keyboard editor I must say that not having an invert mouse option if a gamebreaker for me.

I simply cannot play this game with the way up and down mouse look functions. Also I have to be able to turn off the left mouse click movement (unless I missed it but looked for quite some time)...that drives me to new levels of frustration as I am a 100% WADS player and right mouse strafer.

It seems to me that these are fundamental adjustments that all games these days should have.
  • Wrathx - Heavens Tear
    Wrathx - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I got a couple of people to try the game but have since quit specifically because they couldn't change the keyboard layout. It's hard to believe that with all the games that are out nowadays that all let you remap your keys and even some of them let you change the whole setup of your gui, that there is one that has absolutely no ability to change any of the keys. It's such a bad flaw. I mean there are people that don't play this game just because of that. You would think maybe they would take notice. I have a feeling though that like 99% or more of the other suggestions that are posted up, nothing will be done to change it.
  • pinion
    pinion Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Really not sure I can play without having Q,E and R as spells, deal-breaker indeed :(

and an option to turn off the point and click movement would be good its very annoying if you use W,A,S,D and MOUSE2 to move like i think most people do, fix these 2 things and it looks like it could very well be the best F2P out there, otherwise it is doomed to be average, keybinds are essential for a quality MMORPG imo.
  • JenKajisaru - Sanctuary
    JenKajisaru - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    tamanous wrote: »
    As annoying as it is not having a keyboard editor I must say that not having an invert mouse option if a gamebreaker for me.
    Exactly, I *might* be able to get used to the fixed keys, although even that is questionable, but the no invert mouse look is a deal breaker. I spent yesterday downloading the game, thinking it might be a nice diversion from my other games, but after less than 20 minutes today I'm debating uninstalling it. I've been "inverted mouse looking" going back over ten years in EVERY 3D game I've ever played and if there was a 3D game I came across in these past 11+ years of 3D gaming, I don't remember it because it would have been tossed to the side as quickly as PWI appears headed to the discard bin. What dev spends time writing code for letting me customize the angle of my avatar's nostrils but doesn't do something as fundamentally textbook as let me customize key bindings and basic interface settings such a mouse looking?

It makes no sense. Every gamer who's been at this for more than a year or two has developed their own personal keyboard layout for 3D games. They've done this because 99% of devs give them the option to bind keys.
  • damaori
    damaori Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'll have to agree that you need to be able to customize keys but to people that cant be bothered playing just because they cant, I have to say, Adapt to the controls until they fix it. If you cant then thats Your problem, Deal with it.
  • JenKajisaru - Sanctuary
    JenKajisaru - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    damaori wrote: »
    If you cant then thats Your problem, Deal with it.
    There's where you're wrong. Fully to nearly fully customisable keyboard & mouse controls have been standard for 3D gaming going back more than a decade. Any dev who doesn't *start* with non hard coded bindings is a dev that doesn't know their audience, or their job for that matter.

It's not my problem. I've got Guild Wars, I've got a (currently inactive) WoW account, I've got half a dozen other games installed on my rig, a box of older games I could always replay, and hundreds of other games out there that are competing for my dollar. I don't need PWI, PWI needs me and every other gamer who has tired of GW or WoW or just wants a change to give it go and buy some stuff at the cash shop.

Maybe it's a great game in terms of lore, maybe it's a great game in terms of community, but by making such an inherently boneheaded development choice I doubt I'll ever know because it's simply not something you can get used to. If you can go back and forth between mouse look axes you have a far more flexible thought process than I, because it's like being asked to navigate the world wearing glasses that make everything apppear upside down.
  • Centrix - Heavens Tear
    Centrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This should be fixed indeed...
    Friend of mine sees this as a reason not to play this game.

We use Azerty keyboards.
    I use the Alt+Shift method, but it gets annoying most of the time switching all the time when I want to say something.

Devs, at least provide an Azerty option. Shouldn't be too hard to write it ;) (hell, you can even make it ini based :D).

Please look into this.
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    As with every time I've seen custom key-binds... or keyboard fixes I'll agree... This is supposed to be an international version... There are several different keyboards for different languages (Fact)... It just makes sense to allow for custom key-binds on this alone. Then there are the special needs people who may only have 1 hand.. it'd be simpler to let them setup what they need then have a predefined layout based on the assumption of 2 handed full motor control.

I've got to laugh at that person who said simply move the keys on the keyboard around... That ignorance was priceless...

It's like that person who held the paper up to their Monitor/Screen and tried to Fax it, and couldn't.
  • Lin_shen - Sanctuary
    Lin_shen - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I just happened upon this topic because I was trying to google a solution. Have they STILL not added any way to customize your movement keys?? )=
    "The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge." -Albert Einstein
  • Xueshu - Archosaur
    Xueshu - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I think for people like me who can't stand using the WASD buttons to move, I think they should really let us be able to change it to the arrow keys since I for one find it very hard to control my character with those buttons, and It would be nice to have an auto typing thing where we type a letter and it automatically goes to the chat bar instead of having to click it all the time but that's just me.