A "No KS" feature.

GustavoM - Heavens Tear
GustavoM - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Suggestion Box
Something like, If you are attacking a monster and someone else tries to kill it from you, all of his/her attacks misses and only you will be able to knock it down.

That's all.
This user does not have enough cash to play on a PvP server.
Post edited by GustavoM - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Agree and disagree

it gets crowded sometimes so everyones trying to get stuff done in the same spot

but it seems to me like the bigger annoyance are the people who bluntly shout out all their frustration at everyone around them because some one stole their kill

if someones being rude about taking your kills, and wont party with you, just ignore them and move on

alot of the time if you show a bit of kindness to them they either appoligize and give you your space or they group up with you, though i understand were your coming from i just think it would slow stuff up too much if they did that

on the other hand id like to see certain mobs spread out a bit more number wise i mean, i think the popular mobs should have more respawn points in a wider range
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Nice suggestion, but its a dual edged sword IMHO.

On the good side, it'll stop KSing completely. On the other hand, just think of yourself running away from a mob of 2-3 monsters and you are on low health. Wouldnt you wish that the archer/wiz/BM/Barb/Veno standing beside you would take one or all away ?

I agree with Ocane. KSing in most cases is a problem that can be handled with a bit of mature thinking and calmness rather than blatantly going and abusing the guy who KSed you.. or follow him and KS him..(which is worse)...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • Haseothepkk - Lost City
    Haseothepkk - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I disagree say like we got high level bosses and there is the party that wants to take it down and it takes a bit of time

the system will not let us be able to get help from ppl outside the party to kill the boss.
  • GustavoM - Heavens Tear
    GustavoM - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    A possible solution to this "OFMG I R DYING HALP ME PLZ" issue should be a time limit. Make it 3, 5 secs, then If the time limit gets experied, the monster goes free-for-all once again, and the next one that gets it will re-enable this feature once again.
    This user does not have enough cash to play on a PvP server.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'd just like to add that people are way, WAY too quick to mark others for being KSers. As an archer I've gotten this many times... I start off with a couple of skills which knock the monster down to 2/3 health (give or take), then a BM or Barb or whoever runs into my field of vision and tries to melee it. Then I get blamed for KSing because neither of us saw each other.

The only place where I can see KSing being a legitimate complaint is in Wraith Army fights, but that's a whole 'nother story. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • AsugoXXX - Heavens Tear
    AsugoXXX - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i gotta say i definetly agree im only 13 and ive been playin mmos for about 5 or 6 years now and i personlly hate KS'ers they relle **** me off and i think they should make it like endless online were whoever got the first hit gets the monster. so when your fighting the monster they cant touch it.
    edited January 2009
    But im not gunna say i nvr ksed b4 cuz when i was like lv 12 i was ksing alot and this girl i ksed called one of her guild members she waas in helping hands and he sraightened me out and i did curse him out but im really happy he did that.
    edited January 2009
    Nice suggestion, but its a dual edged sword IMHO.

On the good side, it'll stop KSing completely. On the other hand, just think of yourself running away from a mob of 2-3 monsters and you are on low health. Wouldnt you wish that the archer/wiz/BM/Barb/Veno standing beside you would take one or all away ?

I agree with Ocane. KSing in most cases is a problem that can be handled with a bit of mature thinking and calmness rather than blatantly going and abusing the guy who KSed you.. or follow him and KS him..(which is worse)...

ok well i really didnt read morgullord post but i do think there should be limits to ksing
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You'll find that overall most people are fairly considerate about it. I have yet to see anything that could possibly qualify as severe KSing.

I'm assuming you're all just whiny oversensitive bunny hugging carebears.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Every single possible case of anything even remotely like ks'ing I've seen has been a minor isolated incident easily explainable by factors other than malice.
    Already you get XP and loot for dealing damage, quest items for just attacking it first, it's a pretty sweet system.

It seems to me that the issue is that some people feel entitled to mobs. This whole ks'ing thing. It's not prompted by someone following you killing everything you attack.
    It's someone is busy killing something, and they feel entitled to it, so when someone else kills the same mobs, it's all "Wah, ks"
  • cottman
    cottman Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It is not that I enjoy KS or being KS'd. It is a minor problem and not the end of the world. There are much more headaches in game. Just grow up and deal with it.
  • Deusaeterna - Sanctuary
    Deusaeterna - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Other Barbs and BMs will tear you apart if you get this implemented. Imagine ranged classes getting every kill because they can get the first hit. Mostly archers using normal attacks. How can you beat them to the mob with this system?
  • Kingofdoom - Sanctuary
    Kingofdoom - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I have to say this is the dumbest suggestion I've ever seen.

Why destroy what is already a perfect system,

Like people have said before me

-No one purposely attacks the same monster as you, but if they do they have just as much right ad you do

- You wouldn't be saying this when your getting whooped by a mob and you need someone to help

- Pw has an awesome community, were not all noobs that steal for the fun of it like other games.

If this was to happen, it would make the game unfair to classes who don't use range.