Using Alt-Tab messes up the Mouse in-game... can it be fixed?

deathschild
deathschild Posts: 9 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
When I Alt-Tab out of the game to go back to Windows temporarily and then try and Alt-Tab back into the game, everything works except the mouse. I can run around using the arrow keys any command regarding the keyboard functions, but if I click anywhere it tabs me back out to Windows again. I've also noticed that when I tab back into the game, the cursor doesn't change back to the in-game cursor so I'm guessing that somehow the mouse isn't getting re-implemented back into the game mechanics. Is there a workaround for this problem or is there just no way to tab back and forth due to this bug?
Post edited by deathschild on

Comments

• gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Updating your drivers may help, but video card implementations of ALT-TAB behavior have always been... tricky. The best work-around I've seen on systems with this problem is to use Windowed Mode, which pretty reliably fixes this problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • peregryn
    peregryn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    One thing you might try is toggling back and forth from Windowed mode this 'should re-initialize mouse and other settings or if your system will support it just use windowed mode in the first place.
    Perhaps the greatest secret to getting along with others lies in learning to respect their opinion(s) even while you disagree with them.
  • deathschild
    deathschild Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I have this thing against windowed mode personally.... kinda like the Fullscreen but I'll try a few things. Thx for the help, at least I know it's a semi-global issue.
  • ett
    ett Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    This is how i fix the alt-tab problem. Pop in the window xp (i'm still on xp) cd, then start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Optionals. Click on Languages tab then you'll see "Install files for East Asian languages" click that, then click apply or ok and window will install those files. Reboot when it's done.

And now you should be able to alt-tab til your heart content and not mess up the game.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »
    Updating your drivers may help, but video card implementations of ALT-TAB behavior have always been... tricky.

It has nothing to do with the video card or it's drivers. Installing language files helps, running windowed helps.
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Yep, more often than not installing the east asian language files helps. If you have XP Media Centre you only have to enable the files, they're pre-installed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ghantar
    ghantar Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Have to say, wasn't too happy about that bug. but the east asian language install did fix it.. not quite happy about it, but worth a couple msn alt-tab

temxs.
  • NecroVaL - Heavens Tear
    NecroVaL - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Try right click or left click your mouse button.
    The mouse will 'appear' and everything will be back to normal.
    At least it works for me ^^