Untamed Transformations

SymonaCitka - Sanctuary
SymonaCitka - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Suggestion Box
For the untamed, maybe it could be possible to make it so they can turn into what ever animal they are. Example: The panda barbarian would turn into a panda, the wolf barbarian turn into a wolf. For the venomancers, they turn into what animal they are also. I think it's a good idea because it would give more variety instead of just the white tiger and the fox.
Post edited by SymonaCitka - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Wind_Star - Heavens Tear
    Wind_Star - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    For the untamed, maybe it could be possible to make it so they can turn into what ever animal they are. Example: The panda barbarian would turn into a panda, the wolf barbarian turn into a wolf. For the venomancers, they turn into what animal they are also. I think it's a good idea because it would give more variety instead of just the white tiger and the fox.
    I agree with you :) but does that mean some ppl would turn into a bat?
  • Evancer - Heavens Tear
    Evancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2008

Huh, good catch... I forgot some Venos get little bat wings. Way to get around the level 30 flight limit on non-elf characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Let's just pretend I said something clever in response and leave it at that..."
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    My veno would turn into a bunny.. or in the super secret adult version of the game, a Playboy Bunny b:laugh.

But seriously, it would be cool to see the transformations updated one day..
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • SymonaCitka - Sanctuary
    SymonaCitka - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008

Well I'm not sure. I would guess that would be the best animal for those venomancers. Should brainstorm for that one, then maybe make a poll for it.
  • Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear
    Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I think the major reason why a male Untamed transforms into a white tiger, regardless on species, is that based upon Chinese mysticism, the male energy, the Yang. However, under that same set of mysticism, Yin is personified as a green dragon. But the Veno's transformation is based of the mythological creature called a Huli Jing (狐狸精) which is ONLY female and less aggressive and intimidating than a dragon. But they really should do something about the mascara.. it looks like it's put on with a butter knife. b:laugh But I suppose that could possibly fit into the slang around the word, which in Cantonese and Mandarin applies to a "gold digger."

But as a side note, the white tiger things always makes me giggle. Having studied biology and zoology, you come to realize that white tigers are rare because they are the result of inbreeding. I'll let your imagination go from there...

Additionally, a reason I believe they limited transformations to these two forms is that it was cheep and put everyone on teh same playing field. I mean, a bat could fly faster than a panda would *giggle* run. In using a tiger and fox, speed and abilities are all the same, with no need for special skill trees dependent on your appearance.

Now if Venos could only have bunny tails....
    "Everything is worth what the purchaser will pay for it." -Publius Syrius

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

"The Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish, no interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dirtyeyez
    dirtyeyez Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Wow, there's some insight. Still, it just seems unnatural that not only the fox venos turn into foxes, but all other venos do too... Being a cat veno I don't think it would make much of a difference play-wise if I could transform into a wild cat of some sort instead of a fox, so if keeping things on a level playing field for all untamed is a concern, I can't see why they don't add that one.
  • dirtyeyez
    dirtyeyez Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think a bat transform would be neat, but the bat-like veno also has that not-so-bat-like tail... maybe that one could be some sort of dragon instead?
  • Taniquetil - Harshlands
    Taniquetil - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Good idea, it could be a little bat-like dragon and the wings could be there, but not the ability to fly :D
  • IVenomPearl - Sanctuary
    IVenomPearl - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    yes please xD If that was true, guess I'd be turning into a deer then :p or something with horns at least xD As for the bat veno, i dont know about them..I mean they have a demonic tail :p But what would they turn into? :o I guess a dragon thing >> Since turning into some sort of demon wouldnt really fit into being a veno i think x.x
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    As with all of these I agree 100% A panda should be a panda, wolf to wolf etc..
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I wanna express my inner-wolfness and be able to run around howling at teh moon!!

b:cry

I support this idea!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]