How about the Truth

Options
falcus
falcus Posts: 6 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Suggestion Box
As I am sure your aware, your hyped expansions is a dismal flop.
I credit most of this to the fact you released zero info about the new content.

I don't know if you guys just don't know, or are afraid to tell people the truth up front. But to hype something as you did the expansion, will result in people getting mad. As they understandably are now. One glaring lie you told is the skills....you on your own page stated 25 new skills spread over six classes...........each class got one.........bad math ????

You failed to mention the new content was for 70+, which according to 70+'s that went into it said it's more like 80-90 content.

New weapons and armor???? again you failed to mention this is only in the seldom used puzzle cube scam.........So what are we to think of anything you tell us in the future.......half truths ??? Out right lies ???? misinformed **** whom have no clue????

To date we have nothing but your hype and bloviating Rhetoric to go on. How about some info detailed with the truth so all can read and know what the real deal is. Take each thing listed on "YOUR PAGE" and provide information about how what you have printed is implemented in the game.

If you need the web addy I'll even provide you with it.

http://www.perfectworld.com/expansion
Post edited by falcus on

Comments

• Trenith - Heavens Tear
    Trenith - Heavens Tear Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I agree with him. Slightly though.

I knew that the lower levels really wouldnt benefit from the expain, ie going to the "lost empire". But I did believe we would get more skills. Its funny, how yall infact didnt give us no skills. Yall stated 25 skills over all the classes. I didnt see the skill tree extend, or did I miss something? Guardian light for clerics is already a skill we had prior, though we couldnt use.

This is really disheartening about this whole expansion. It would be great if a mod/GM actually read this thread as well to tell us what all was added to the game and clear things up.
  • Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear
    Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I am under the impression that the "expansion" was really just a [patch to perhaps being the game out of Beta. In essence, not an Expansion in the sense of the word that we are familiar with.

While I am saddened by the lack of new content for people under lv 70, I would think that perhaps it gives people more incentive to stick with one character?

Now if they changed prices in the Cash Shop, or did something about the huge amount of lag in the West District of Archosaur THAT would be a real improvement. b:laugh
    "Everything is worth what the purchaser will pay for it." -Publius Syrius

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

"The Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish, no interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kusaku - Lost City
    Kusaku - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    hey said new fasion and skills...

were r they....

me and my guild are kinda disapointed with it so far
    So for my bad spelling ^^
    CUTE THINGS ><
    Dieing with style and skill since 1989

Frav Qoute :
    "Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    People got waaaaaaaaay too excited about this event. The way I see it, the problem stems from the fact that they have released new levels/areas/whatever, so they define it as an expansion.

Most people, especially under 70s, just take one look at the pets and the 70 limit and see it as another patch.

Simple problems of definition. If they'd called it "The Lost Empire Patch" then you guys would have no reason to whine and cry about the lack of new stuff.

So the solution? Stop thinking of it as an expansion (There's been way too much comparison to WoW) and then there's no problem really. You expected too much, you didn't get it. Life goes on.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • waffl3ookie
    waffl3ookie Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    People got waaaaaaaaay too excited about this event. The way I see it, the problem stems from the fact that they have released new levels/areas/whatever, so they define it as an expansion.

Most people, especially under 70s, just take one look at the pets and the 70 limit and see it as another patch.

Simple problems of definition. If they'd called it "The Lost Empire Patch" then you guys would have no reason to whine and cry about the lack of new stuff.

So the solution? Stop thinking of it as an expansion (There's been way too much comparison to WoW) and then there's no problem really. You expected too much, you didn't get it. Life goes on.

Not true about if they just called in "the lost empire patch" as it would still I assume have their lovely level restriction and it would still bother those under its limit. I have to admit I was heaps excited thinking that it would apply to me, you know for everyone on PWI, and then I go to the news and read "70+" and my heart just fell, I'm still excited and am interested in what new things there are for the 70+ but I agree that it helps us stick to one character and level that one.
  • fleuri
    fleuri Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Do we really know that they only gave us six new skills? They might have added new skills that you need to quest for and they might have added skills that people have not found yet.