1.5xp bonus not on every monster?

Yzane - Sanctuary
Yzane - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Anyone else having this issue? Is it supposed to be this way? I'm getting the extra 50% for just about every 5th to 6th monster I kill.
Post edited by Yzane - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Are you killing boosted monsters or weakened monsters? Enemies like increased movement speed, sacrificial assault, yield more exp. Enemies with weakness yield less.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yzane - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    I didn't think that mattered for the promotional exp bonus they've been telling us about. In any case, sometimes the heightened monsters give extra, sometimes they don't. Yet they're always more than the regular ones.

But sometimes, a regular one will give the higher xp because of the bonus...

I just thought it would be for every monster. Doesn't seem to be at all. (regular or not, 1.5x is 1.5x.)
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    During this event:
    Regular monster : 150%
    Weakness monster : 75%
    Sacrificial assault : 200%
    Other bonus : 300%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear
    Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Also, don't kill monsters your level or under your level. You won't receive much experience from Mobs that are your level or under your level range, If your 34 try killing mobs that are 36-37. I'd suggest killing flying mobs or water mobs, I prefear flying over water mobs.

:D
    I like when I say stuff that make kids go b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry.

Love,
    TenderMeat. b:kiss (New character, retired this BM)
  • Bioturn - Heavens Tear
    Bioturn - Heavens Tear Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Also, don't kill monsters your level or under your level. You won't receive much experience from Mobs that are your level or under your level range, If your 34 try killing mobs that are 36-37. I'd suggest killing flying mobs or water mobs, I prefer flying over water mobs.

:D

Actually, I find killing mobs lower than you is faster experience, because in the time it takes you to kill, say, 5 monsters about 2-3 levels higher than you, you could have killed closer to 15 monsters 2-3 levels lower than you. At least, that's how it works for me. That's all grinding really is, just finding monsters to kill constantly, until you need to find some others.
    WoW has 11 Million people playing. 11 million people also bought the Sega Dreamcast console. Proof that 11 million people can collectively do something stupid.

Chill with me on Twitter: twitter.com/Bioturn

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron (Final Fantasy X)
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Actually, I find killing mobs lower than you is faster experience, because in the time it takes you to kill, say, 5 monsters about 2-3 levels higher than you, you could have killed closer to 15 monsters 2-3 levels lower than you. At least, that's how it works for me. That's all grinding really is, just finding monsters to kill constantly, until you need to find some others.

I would agree here. I usually kill monsters 1-2 levels below me, since I can kill those a lot faster than monsters 3-4 levels above me. I also need less resting. I'd say the XP/minute ratio is higher overall, that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yzane - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Not at all what I am meaning to say.
    But it doesn't matter, my own test proved me wrong.

I will go hide in shame now. Or assume catshop form. Yes, I like the second option please.

==case closed==