How do you get a pheonix?

Pillay - Lost City
Pillay - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Venomancer
I checked the item mall but they don't have pheonixes there. So how do I get a pheonix?
Post edited by Pillay - Lost City on

Comments

• Tawonda - Heavens Tear
    Tawonda - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Look in the Item Mall and find the new item called "Battle Pet Pack" or something like that. This pack sells for 50s each and may contain 10-50 either of Source of Forge or the Phoenix Feathers. The feathers come in groups of 10 so you will not get like 11 or 12 or some other odd number of items.

To claim your pet you need to obtain 9999 of either the Forge or the Feathers and then go to Mrs. Zoologist in Arch to pick up your new pet. You will get a purple looking tab than when clicked it will put the Phoenix or Herc pet egg in your bag.

This pet is non-transferable once you get it into an egg form.

The Phoenix ONLY eats Veggies like Hay.
    The Herc ONLY eats Meat items.
    The Legendary pets DO NOT USE WATER so keep that in mind as well. The "Arcane Book: Pet" DOES feed your Legendary pet though, however, it will not increases it's loyalty. You'll need normal Fodder or Meat to do that.

This pet is VERY expensive to obtain. I think I burned about 190g to get my Herc pet this morning.
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Please tell me you're joking about the tome. b:shocked

Ugh.. so people in MY would have to be farming Hay and Meat like no tomorrow just to be able to feed their damn pets? AFTER having spent so much to get the stupid thing?

Suddenly I'm not so keen on the idea of getting one anymore >.>
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Tawonda - Heavens Tear
    Tawonda - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    As far as I know this is true. My Faction-mates did some looking around this morning and that is what they told me after I had already picked up my Herc. Needless to say I'll be farming meat items and buying them in the AH it seems.

Note: I have tried this myself and "Ancient Book: Pet" DOES IN FACT WORK. It does not increase your pet loyalty but it does keep your pet fed. You'll still need to feed it food to increase it's loyalty.
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Awww damnit. What a dilemma. Well thanks for the info anyway Tawonda, you've been a great help.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Andromeda - Lost City
    Andromeda - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    can someone post a pic of these pets =) i would like to see them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Missesvemon - Harshlands
    Missesvemon - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ive seen both my faction member has herc and ive seen a qqme wid a neix ill take screenshot next time
  • Esteban - Harshlands
    Esteban - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ive seen both my faction member has herc and ive seen a qqme wid a neix ill take screenshot next time

Last post was: 12-03-2008, 02:39 PM

I'm sure every veno that posted here has both pets.
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    A normal tome works too, and it doesnt last for 7 days only. I got myself a lvl 2 tome and I love it. Keeps my pet fed, gives me +6 HP regain and +2% exp.

I suggest you try to get a herc first, since when you have a herc (I heard) that you make alot more money. Solo zhenning will be no problem. Then with the money you make, you can get a nix.

Note: I do not own a herc. I have 707 force so far only b:surrender
    I dont have a golem either. Im just so attached to my Tabby Plumdrop b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Not sure but the aoeing you can do with the Herc doesn't appear to get you through mobs any faster, it's just an alternative way to me which makes mp management easier. Even Zhen squads when you factor in the time involved in setup, and upkeep, etc just amount to a lazier way to get xp for some.

The Nix can kill fast, but controlling it from the ground on ground mobs is a pain since it likes getting stuck in the ground. From the air, your attacks are made less powerful, though it does seem more worth it on hilly terrain.

I have a Herc and Nix, yet I'm raising up a Varicose Scorpion with Claw to hopefully resolve the issues above. Though the Herc and Nix make many pets obsolete, they're not the end all - be all. I also have an Eldergoth Marksman, Celestial Plumpfish, and Kowlin that they cannot replace.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.