PvP Archer?

Skyea - Heavens Tear
Skyea - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Archer
Hi everyone,

I'm a new archer with a few questions about the class. I am planning to wear light armor but I am still not sure which build to go for. I plan to use this character to PvP so I'd like to know the best build to use in PvP.

1) Full AGI with a little STR to wear light armor.
2) Enough STR to wear light armor, enough AGI to wear my bow/crossbows and the rest on CON for my HP pool.

Which one of these would be better for a PvP archer, please elaborate why you think so.

Thank you in advance!
Post edited by Skyea - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• tinmanasd
    tinmanasd Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    u should go with pure magic :D never runs out of mana !!!!!
  • Skyea - Heavens Tear
    Skyea - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I don't think that was one of my options -__-; please don't post unless you have something useful to contribute. A pure magic archer would seriously lack in attack, defense and pretty much everything an archer should not be lacking in.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    archers always lack in defense, pvp ones too.
  • razaiic
    razaiic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    For a perfect pvp build, 4 Agi. and 1 str. every level is the best in my opinion. Currently I am level 30 and everything is great. At higher levels you will have so much evasion and critical rate, that tanks will almost always miss you, and you can also be hitting high crits quite often. Now against mages, I heard archers can one-hit them with this build. Currently at my level I fought a mage a few times and two-hit them everytime using the right skills. Hope this information helps =]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    4dex 1str every level for sure if you can afford the cost to refine armor to add hp and add soulstones for more hp. even if you cant afford it its probably the best build.
  • Divine_Chang - Heavens Tear
    Divine_Chang - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i was looking for this answer too :D
    thanks!
  • Alaek - Heavens Tear
    Alaek - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    1. Archers (no matte what ppl say) are killing machines. No doubt about it, we kill fast and we hit hard. To take away from these attributes is to **** with the class.
    2. DPS - that is all! We have to hit hard and fast. If you want hp - go play a werebeast. Archers are squishy - yes but in the squishyness top 6, archers come after wizards/ clerics which is all you need (even BM if they suck at playing the game and don't know what build to use and how).

Archers aren't emant to have high HP because if you play an archer well - you don't need it. High evasion and hp shards should do the trick and keep you alive.

Tbh I went with my own build and will restat at around 80 to pure dex. Made my leveling easier without messing to much with my crit rate/ evasion. But yeah - archer -> DPS and nothing more.