Archers weak?

phucminao
phucminao Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Archer
I just made an archer and I'm so much weaker than my other two friends, a blademaster and a healer. They do around 50's-80's at level 6-7 and I can't even break 30 damage. Normal arrow hits - 10's and with quickshot around 15. Aimed is around 20's.
Post edited by phucminao on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    get better equipment later on archers are one of most powerful classes depending on monster/setting but yah quite powerful
    also if you dont notice the clerics attack speed is 1/2 of ours prolly, do quests get quest equipments or check shops and in a few lvl check out auction house
    maybe ur not adding your attribute points in?
  • phucminao
    phucminao Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I did 4 dex 1 str build. I'm just wondering if Archers are suppose to be this weak at the beginning.
  • graider
    graider Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    No, they aren't. I suggest buying a new bow, and equiping the wolf fang arrows. If you have done this, then I'm affraid my only answer is "the internet gods hate you, keep trying."

My level 11 archer breaks 100 with every shot on your stat build. I just use the absolute best weapon for his level. I manufacture when I can and pray for a 2 star. I suggest double checking your funds and seeing about buying some weapons and breaking them down later on (or make them, then break them) for Yiyuan stones. These are going to be infinitely useful since they can be turned into attack charms and defense charms.
    if nothing else, farm logs, cotton thread, and animul fur (looks like cheeta or leapord fur) and buy some red jade. you'll eventually make something very pimp.
    If the best defense is a good offense, why did I even show up?

If a train is going east at 50 mph and another train is going west at 90 mph, where do they...Never gonna give you up~ Never gonna let you down~Never gonna run around~and hurt you~

If you've got this far, you've been rick-rolled.
  • zr0
    zr0 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i felt the same way about archerz when i played. an archer waz my first char (im sure everyonez first char waz a **** up some how stat wise), but i sorta fixed the problem i had and i have a very powerful archer at lvl 45 i highly think archerz are not weak and thx to my **** up from when i first made him i now have pretty decent phy defense compared to other archerz :)
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    1vs1, an archer lasts pretty long vs most classes, and is likely to win against the classes that can kill them fast (at higher lvls anyway).
    When you get into mass PVP though, if your side is outnumbered at any point everyone points their gun at the dmg dealers and the dangerous guys, so while warriors are really hated because of stun, people will stun/sleep them and move on while they would just straight out gank **** any archer or clothie in sight. Especially clothies, They see an archer, they gank him like mad because if they don't he'd clean them out 1 by 1. They can run from the melees and they can't really kill the other clothies fast enough, but archers are easy pickings if they can gank us.
  • Alaek - Heavens Tear
    Alaek - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Early on the pure dex (4dex/ 1 str) build makes the archer very squishy..All I can say is wait 'till 40s-50s and you'll see how archer pwns. Always have the gear suited for your level and learn the game in order to get better gear..

1vs1 the archer can kill anything (at around same level and with no gear gap between them) and they can kill fast.