Farmer's Delight

Options
Tankado - Heavens Tear
Tankado - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
I do so much love getting my loots, and the diversity of loots is pretty good in the game. But it can take several hours on green mobs to get 10 of a kind of mat to drop.

At level 50 i'm sure i spent more time farming mobs for drops than finishing quests, and I'm stuck with some pretty hard quests that need high level helpers.

I've spent several hours of game time on my main farming the 7 leathers i needed to complete the Heaven's Wear/Perfect Wear quest. Since i had 3 of those items in the bank from questing drops, I still needed to get 7 more. And I always look at PWDatabase dot com to check the loot tables and see if there is one mob that drops the item i want more often. But for leather it seemed all mobs in my level range drop at about the same rate; which turned out to be about 2 drops per hour!

Fortunately if you are farming for DQ Items the situation is a little bit better, since according to loot tables those items are the most common drops in the game. It might take you an hour to get 10 of those items from green mobs, so not too bad.

I know that its very hard to level those tradeskills without relying upon Gold and the Boutique; yes its possible to get all those mats from playing the game but very very impractical. I would like to level my production skills, for the ability to decompose equipment if for no other reason, just wish it was a little bit easier to gather the mats.
Post edited by Tankado - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• B_O_N_D - Lost City
    B_O_N_D - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    that's why there are factions to help you, some have guild banks which do have a ton of stuff aka armour mats ect. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Forsakenx
  • Tankado - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Yep it only took me 3 tries to find a faction that I like - Blade in Heaven's Tear.
    And they do have a number of guild bank toons.
    In fact one of the guild members kindly donated the 10 compound threads needed for that heaven's wear quest, unfortunately i was just informed that the mail takes a day to be delivered lol.

And I should think about raiding the guild bank soon because I still need to craft some 2* items to level up my trade skillz.
  • mightynyx
    mightynyx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Yep it only took me 3 tries to find a faction that I like - Blade in Heaven's Tear.
    And they do have a number of guild bank toons.
    In fact one of the guild members kindly donated the 10 compound threads needed for that heaven's wear quest, unfortunately i was just informed that the mail takes a day to be delivered lol.

And I should think about raiding the guild bank soon because I still need to craft some 2* items to level up my trade skillz.

Uh, a day? I think you meant to say an hour. >>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Revolt.
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    PWdatabase stats don't apply if the mob appears green to you simply because of the fact that drop rate from a mob decreases greatly if you're way higher lvl than the mob.

Also, why not instead of farming buy the mats you need?

Also invest in fullshouts they're not that expensive and whenever I shout when I need help with a boss I -always- get a willing and helpful squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tankado - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    PWdatabase stats don't apply if the mob appears green to you simply because of the fact that drop rate from a mob decreases greatly if you're way higher lvl than the mob.

Also, why not instead of farming buy the mats you need?

Also invest in fullshouts they're not that expensive and whenever I shout when I need help with a boss I -always- get a willing and helpful squad.

the pwdatabase tables are still accurate I believe even for green mobs, the drop rate for any/all items is reduced; but if one or more items drop the table percentages still apply. And the fact that you can easily kill more green mobs faster almost makes up for the reduced drop rates.

Of course it would be easier to let the other players do all ur farming, and just buy the mats but thats still kinda expensive to do it that way. Maybe I just need to get better at farming the coin lol.

Besides that I already tapped out my gaming budget for the month of December, buying Zen and spending gold for the items i need is not an option at the moment. :)