How high should my stats be by 20?

Brutoc - Heavens Tear
Brutoc - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Barbarian
I'm going to assume I'd be around 20 by the time I'd get my FB19 weapon, and like my Cleric's FB19 weapon, I'm sure the barb version will require a hefty amount of strength.

These aren't exact, but right now he's 15 with:

35 str (I only put points into str the past 2 levels since there are some weapons with big strength reqs, and I'm only 1 off from some of them)
29 vit
19 dex
5 mag

I have about 1100 health as a humanoid, and I do fairly well surviving. I'm just not sure when to stop increasing strength. Vit is important, but more str = more weapons and armor too.
Post edited by Brutoc - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    IIRC 61 str 15 dex. Not sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Ghazi - Heavens Tear
    Ghazi - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I'm 99.9% sure that your FB 19 Poleaxe requirements are 61 Strength and 15 Dexterity. That leaves just enough attrabute points for 29 Vitality at level 20 (if of course you did not already exceed those str and dex requirements.) Unfortunatly, looks like you did but no big deal. You'll be using your poleaxe at level 21!
  • Brutoc - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    I was a bit off with my stats in my last post. I'm currently 23 with:

Vit: 46 (+4 from items)
    Str: 65
    Mag: 6 (+1 magic item)
    Dex: 18

I had to be 22 to use the poleaxe with a +1 str item.

I think right now, my vit is higher than it needs to be. I was thinking of getting my str to about 80 or so before focusing on any other stat.
  • Ghazi - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    The soonest weapon availiable that was stronger then the FB19 weapon I found was the level 27 duel axe from the blacksmith. However, it was also crafted by me into a 3 star. But it's str requirement was 83 at level 27 so i'd shoot for that.
  • Brutoc - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    What's the highest str I'll need as a barb? I think I've seen dual axes that were up in the 130's up in the later levels which doesn't seem so bad.

Vit shouldn't be a problem for me, I can break 2000 with the HP buff while shifted.
  • Ghazi - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    According to the stickys, at level 105 you will need 300+ Str
  • Erado - Heavens Tear
    Erado - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    exactly, until very high lvls you will generally need your lvl x 3 in str for up to date weapons. (182 str at lvl 60, 212 at lvl 70 for example)
  • Cardulos - Lost City
    Cardulos - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    [QUOTE=Ghazi - You'll be using your poleaxe at level 21![/QUOTE]

K, Im level 22, and I still can't use my poleaxe! my strength is only @ 49! I try to balance everything out cuz everything else is just as important. If you ask me, unless you only increase your strength from the getgo, you wont be able to use the axe until level 25! that reeks.
  • zollander
    zollander Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It might seem like everything is equally important, but I don't think thats true. Each character class has certain stats that make it stronger than others. Don't balance your stats, you will be so weak at higher levels. If you want to save your character check some proper barb builds and start trying to make your character more like that! Furthermore, you need certain stats to use the right weapons. Its pretty important to keep up on equipment which is proper for your level.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    K, Im level 22, and I still can't use my poleaxe! my strength is only @ 49! I try to balance everything out cuz everything else is just as important. If you ask me, unless you only increase your strength from the getgo, you wont be able to use the axe until level 25! that reeks.

Everything is important at lower levels. So usually I ended up going 6str,3 vit, 1 dex every 2 levels until lvl 40+. Seems to have worked out nicely so far.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842