First Game EVER

Comments

• Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    euryale wrote: »
    Ah! I'm on Sanctuary. Though I'm not logged on. (I'm on my mom's computer and it's got a really nasty firewall -.-)

Hey, I'm on that server too!

What is your IGN? (in game name)

I'll message you sometime and help you if ya need it xD
    Back.
  • GloveMaster - Sanctuary
    GloveMaster - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    What's a server? And why do you all have little people as your icons and I just have a question mark?

at the moment there are 3 servers heavens tear lost city and sanctuary at the brginning right before you log in to the game at the top it will probably sya heavens tear if you havent changed it but you clicl that and it will give you the list your character is only on 1 of them so if you switch it make sure to switch back if you dont want to make a new character on adifferent server. you can do this and still keep your old one you juts cant use it on that server hope this isnt too confusing lol
  • euryale
    euryale Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Haha, I feel like we should set up a chat room for you. ;)

Games typically divide their populations into "servers" to avoid overpopulation/overloading. Perfect World has 3 servers so far: Heaven's Tear, Sanctuary and Lost City.

You can tell which server we're on by the server name next to our character name, which is next to our avatar/forum icon.

And I'll let someone else answer the avatar question. I forgot! b:cute

You can set up chat rooms here?
  • Saiena - Heavens Tear
    Saiena - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    One thing to note is that both Heaven's Tear and Sanctuary are PvE servers. PvE means Player versus Environment. It means that unless you choose otherwise, you can't be killed by other players. Only by the game "environment" and game controlled monsters.

Lost City is a PvP server; PvP means Player versus Player. After level 30 in Lost City, you can be killed by any player at any time, anywhere. The only exception is in "safe zones," which are typically cities or towns.

Since you're in Sanctuary, though, don't worry about getting "PK'ed," or "player killed."
    edited December 2008
    cool im on sanctuary too ill message u sometime just give me ur ign xD
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    One thing to note is that both Heaven's Tear and Sanctuary are PvE servers. PvE means Player versus Environment. It means that unless you choose otherwise, you can't be killed by other players. Only by the game "environment" and game controlled monsters.

Lost City is a PvP server; PvP means Player versus Player. After level 30 in Lost City, you can be killed by any player at any time, anywhere. The only exception is in "safe zones," which are typically cities or towns.

Since you're in Sanctuary, though, don't worry about getting "PK'ed," or "player killed."

But if you choose too, you can change your stats to PK mode when you hit level 30, i don't recommend you doing that considering how little (no offence) you know about MMOs)

And no, you cant set up chat rooms in here, just a joke :]
    Back.
  • euryale
    edited December 2008
    My IGN is Thallium (I love chemistry ^^)
    But if you choose too, you can change your stats to PK mode when you hit level 30, i don't recommend you doing that considering how little (no offence) you know about MMOs)

And none taken. The idea of facing anyone else at the moment seems a bit suicidal to me. b:chuckle

What kind of character do you play GloveMaster? And what're those numbers in the corner or each of your icons?
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008

And none taken. The idea of facing anyone else at the moment seems a bit suicidal to me. b:chuckle

Awesome, Mine is Nayiro, I might be on tomorrow (day of expansion and 1.5x EXP event :])
    GloveMaster plays a bladematser, like I do, except his is male and mien is female (im a male in real life though) and those numbers are ours levels, I'm actually level 47, but the thing won't update.
    Back.
  • euryale
    edited December 2008
    Awesome, Mine is Nayiro, I might be on tomorrow (day of expansion and 1.5x EXP event :])

Day of expansion?
    edited December 2008

ok ill message you sometime

What kind of character do you play GloveMaster? And what're those numbers in the corner or each of your icons?

im a blademaster and a veno and ya i wouldnt reccomend PK right after 30 I turned it on for an event and got killed while i was grinding(killing mobs for exp) I didnt even know there was anyone around me when it happened and with my venos low health it was over pretty fast lol!
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    The expansion of PWI is coming out tomorrow! No worries, just a new update basically, but a very large one with new monsters and weapons and such.
    Back.
  • euryale
    edited December 2008
    GloveMaster plays a bladematser, like I do, except his is male and mien is female (im a male in real life though) and those numbers are ours levels, I'm actually level 47, but the thing won't update.

Whoa! Level 47? How long have you been playing?
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Whoa! Level 47? How long have you been playing?

Technically a month and a half, but i can only play whens there's no school (weekends), so i'm not that high lol
    Back.
  • euryale
    edited December 2008
    The expansion of PWI is coming out tomorrow! No worries, just a new update basically, but a very large one with new monsters and weapons and such.

New monsters! >.< I'm a girl but I still love bashing stuff!
  • euryale
    edited December 2008
    Technically a month and a half, but i can only play whens there's no school (weekends), so i'm not that high lol

What qualifies as a high level in this game?
    edited December 2008
    Day of expansion?

the new lost empire expansion with new mobs and i wont b able to see it till friday cna tplay during the week, evil parents lol jk.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    New monsters! >.< I'm a girl but I still love bashing stuff!

I have friends like you :3

But those mobs are kinda hard lol.

You should just worry about getting the concept of the game itself
    Back.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008

For me, 60+, for others 40+, for most 75+.
    All personal preference.
    Back.
  • euryale
    edited December 2008
    I have friends like you :3

But those mobs are kinda hard lol.

You should just worry about getting the concept of the game itself
    You're probably rightb:cute
    the new lost empire expansion with new mobs and i wont b able to see it till friday cna tplay during the week, evil parents lol jk.
    That's to bad!

I have to go very soon but I'd like to ask: What's a "Faction"?
  • euryale
    edited December 2008
    For me, 60+, for others 40+, for most 75+.
    All personal preference.

That's good to know. One day I'll be a... level Forty! That's what I'm aiming for >.<
    edited December 2008

it really just depends wat lvl u r if ur a lvl 5 and you see someone running around killing lvl 20 mobs that person seems like a high lvl to u or if you duel someone who is 10 lvls above u and get 1 shotted they will seem like a high lvl, it just depends on your point of view lol.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    That's good to know. One day I'll be a... level Forty! That's what I'm aiming for >.<

I'm aiming for 60 right now :3

Anywya, if you have anymore questions feel free to ask :D
    Back.
  • euryale
    edited December 2008
    I have to go but I'd like to ask: What's a "Faction"?
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008

In short: A guild.

In long: A team with many people that get together to help each other and what not, its kinda hard for me to explain, its just better to find out yourself, you may join my faction if you'd like.
    Back.
    edited December 2008

a faction is a group of people that somone recruits factions can do TWs(territory wars) where they battle mobs or players to win land if you win the land you get money but it costs money to attack a land also.
    edited December 2008
    In short: A guild.

In long: A team with many people that get together to help each other and what not, its kinda hard for me to explain, its just better to find out yourself, you may join my faction if you'd like.

what is your faction called?
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    what is your faction called?

We're kinda small right now, but we're called Ironic. But once the GM hits 50 she's gonna advertise the faction.
    Back.
    edited December 2008
    We're kinda small right now, but we're called Ironic. But once the GM hits 50 she's gonna advertise the faction.

cool both my higherlvl chars(this one and my veno) are in Yin&Yang its my first faction but we have about 78 ppl and we participate in TW hopefully we will win this weekxD
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    cool both my higherlvl chars(this one and my veno) are in Yin&Yang its my first faction but we have about 78 ppl and we participate in TW hopefully we will win this weekxD

I saw you guys, you failed at TW xD
    >.>
    But ya good luck!
    Back.
    edited December 2008
    I saw you guys, you failed at TW xD
    >.>
    But ya good luck!

ya sadly i wasnt there so i didnt find out till yesterday that we didnt win i had to go sumwhere right bfore TW started:(