I'm drawing your character! If you're lucky.

vogun
vogun Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2009 in The Fanatics Forum
My character, Sianyde on Heaven's Tear. If you want me to draw YOUR character, read down.
sianyde3.jpg

Previous PW fanarts:
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=112812
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=98041

After the amazing flop that recieved my last drawing (mercy to Rojoverde) I've decided to promote myself a little more. I'm going to give away a free commission.

If you win, I'll draw your character.

To enter, all you got to do is post on this thread with a comment about my latest pic. No spam please. On Wednesday 3rd December, on the UK National Lottery, the winner will be picked. The highest numbered ball that coincides with a post on this thread will be the winner. Should this fail for any reason, I'll fire up a random number generator and pick one out that way.

The winner will be asked to post screenshots of their character, and over the 1.5x weekend I'll draw it.

Rules:
1. No spam please, though you are welcome to post again if you feel you no longer have a chance at winning.
2. Comments must relate to the picture/competition or respond to a comment about the picture/competition.
3. Should the winning post be somehow invalid, the post immediately prior to the highest numbered ball will win instead.

Post away and good luck!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by vogun on

Comments

• Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Great idea ^_^
    About your drawing, I absolutely love the detail on the bat ears and hair, and I'm amazed by how natural everything looks. There's honestly nothing bad to be said about your drawing. Good job =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hurray.

Ok well first id like to say its very beautifully done, the color cordination is great. But by far my favorit part of it is the emotion it seems to posses, a kind of sly/cocky/sweet attitude about it i like that alot, and im very impressed, i love art and im very picky about what i compliment so be happy that i think its gorguess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • subilmier
    subilmier Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    does our comment haf to be all professional? ah wth, it rocks. the eyes r beautiful and the colouring is nice too...ooo i hope i win lols!
  • Miaku - Heavens Tear
    Miaku - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Cool idea for a contest b:victory

Have to agree I'm liking the expression on your character's face, the eyes and the mouth particularly bring that mischievous look out. Nice hair color too :)
    "Those who say it can't be done, should get out of the way of those who are doing it."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature created by: Forsakenx
  • Misstaken - Heavens Tear
    Misstaken - Heavens Tear Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    OMFG WOW
    Your god damn awesome serious you drew that?
    I used to draw anime but nowhere near what you just posted -_-
    I used to do drugs, I still do but I used to too.
  • Evermyst - Sanctuary
    Evermyst - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    That's really good!! I wish I could draw that well! (but then I wouldn't be entering this contest would I?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Proud leader of the RaynDown faction

RaynDown
    Chaos Rayns Down

Join Today!!
  • Sereniama - Heavens Tear
    Sereniama - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    WOW!! This is just INSANE!

I really wish I can draw like you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sou Sou Moutoku = The most badass **** in Anime History. Never diss Kohime Musou or die.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    O_O Dang thats good! It really looks like the professional art I see all the time, not to mention she'd be right at home in an anime.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Eveangeline - Heavens Tear
    Eveangeline - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Your drawing is amazing!

Did you draw it free hand and scan it? or on the computer?

I dont see any flaws in your picture at all, which i can usually spot really easily.

The colour and shading is perfect, the defenitions and detail are very good too.

I remember seeing your halloween one and being extremely jealous of your abilities to create a stunning piece of art. Although looking anime'ish, it also has very good qualities, it's not like most anime you see with messy lines, it's very clean and well presented.

Have you thought of working in a position that will allow you to get payed for this talent? I certainly would!

I love the pictures you have created and would be honored to have one if you would be willing to draw one.

Good luck with your future art projects (although with the standard you have you dont need luck )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer ~ achieved level 40 in 14 days of gameplay =^.^=
    Married Erikose on 16th November 2008 b:kiss
  • Sorenshi - Heavens Tear
    Sorenshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Haha; it seems you have a lot of fans here ^^
    I like how you've made the suntop; different but still the same too :).
    Good luck and keep up the good work.
    [sigpic]http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk296/rmdesignsdotorg/sorenshi.png[/sigpic]
    Credit to Forsakenx for the awesome banner <3
  • vogun
    edited November 2008
    Regarding rule 3, this is an example of an invalid post, as I can't win my own competition. In the event that [12] is the appropriate highest numbered ball on Wednesday, the winner would be the player who posted just before me, [11] - Sorenshi.

Thanks for all the nice comments so far. I feel much better this time compared to after posting the kowlin pic. I'll answer Eveangeline's post and hopefully that will answer other peoples' questions about how I do this.

Did you draw it free hand and scan it? or on the computer?
    Have you thought of working in a position that will allow you to get payed for this talent? I certainly would!

I have a Wacom Intuos graphics tablet and using this gadget I can draw it completely on computer, though once upon a time I'd have to draw on paper. I sketch it using openCanvas and I then export it to photoshop for colouring and tweaking. Here's what it looks like before it goes into photoshop.

sianyde3lines.jpg

I don't do this professionally. It's only a long term hobby. I honestly don't think I'd make it as a pro, as there are many better artists out there. It's a bit of a shame as I think I'd enjoy it as a job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rooz - Sanctuary
    Rooz - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Wow it's really pretty!
  • B_O_N_D - Lost City
    B_O_N_D - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    * has an **** while seeing how good of a drawer you are* b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Forsakenx
    edited November 2008
    Thank you for sharing how you do this fantasic art!

My mum always told me that if you dont go for your dream, you will never know if you could have reached the stars, so good luck with the drawings, I hope one day you will make it b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Warmaiden - Lost City
    Warmaiden - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I enjoy your art style. Brings me reminiscence of Dark Stalkers. Your character has the sassy vibes like Morrigan and the veins on bat ears are a sweet touch.
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    vogun wrote: »
    Regarding rule 3, this is an example of an invalid post, as I can't win my own competition. In the event that [12] is the appropriate highest numbered ball on Wednesday, the winner would be the player who posted just before me, [11] - Sorenshi.

Thanks for all the nice comments so far. I feel much better this time compared to after posting the kowlin pic. I'll answer Eveangeline's post and hopefully that will answer other peoples' questions about how I do this.

I have a Wacom Intuos graphics tablet and using this gadget I can draw it completely on computer, though once upon a time I'd have to draw on paper. I sketch it using openCanvas and I then export it to photoshop for colouring and tweaking. Here's what it looks like before it goes into photoshop.

sianyde3lines.jpg

I don't do this professionally. It's only a long term hobby. I honestly don't think I'd make it as a pro, as there are many better artists out there. It's a bit of a shame as I think I'd enjoy it as a job.

I beg to differ im more then sure you could do it proffesionally, someone is always better at somthing then someone else so you really shouldnt put that in as a factor, i come from a long line of artists, my uncle for example was called at 17 to work for disney, and ive seen amazing peices of work and to be blunt i think you are way up there in the talent range, its hard to capture life and emotion in art sometimes and you did it wonderfully
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    I beg to differ im more then sure you could do it proffesionally, someone is always better at somthing then someone else so you really shouldnt put that in as a factor, i come from a long line of artists, my uncle for example was called at 17 to work for disney, and ive seen amazing peices of work and to be blunt i think you are way up there in the talent range, its hard to capture life and emotion in art sometimes and you did it wonderfully

I couldn't agree more!

See, there are many people who think you have the talent to do this professionally, give it a go, remember.......If you dont go for your dream, you will never know if you could have reached the stars!

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sasha380
    sasha380 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    wow, the way you've drawn your character... its amazing!
    the colors and shading are absolutely stunning :D
    Unfortunately I don't have a character yet (I'm waiting for the DVD to arrive) but I still like to comment on great art b:victory
  • Evoken - Heavens Tear
    Evoken - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    It sure looks amazing, keep up the good work!
    No matter how strong, for a human to fight a monster means he has submerged his humanity and transformed himself into a greater monster - Berserk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

myspace.com/divinedoppleganger
  • Clara - Lost City
    Clara - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i love ur artwork, great work :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mastrgamr - Sanctuary
    Mastrgamr - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    EWWW veins! lol... i love the picture i wish my character could be drawn!!
  • Vyllina - Heavens Tear
    Vyllina - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    At the risk of sounding repetitive, I just wanted to say that you have done an amazing job with the fan art you have posted! I remember your Halloween pic and I loved it.

Thank you for offering your talents up for free for the rest of the PWI community! Whoever wins will have a very cool holiday gift in my opinion!
    Venomancer of Heaven's Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **Thanks to Forsankenx for my sig!
  • Jessminder - Sanctuary
    Jessminder - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    very nice drawings.i envy you. i wish i could draw like u.b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Obscured - Lost City
    Obscured - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thats very nice. What program did you used? Looks amazind and proffesional. Good job
  • Semyezza - Heavens Tear
    Semyezza - Heavens Tear Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Can I say, Jesus H. Christ, you have talent. ><" I'm quite jealous, teeheehee.

Anyhow, I love the colouring, it's droolable and the eyes.. Maaan. I can just stare for days. Which I won't do, a person's gotta pee, eat and sleep at certain points too ;D

I saw the one with the Midnight and it's just sooo cool. The position in which you put the horse makes me want to jump up and hug one. Yes. I miss horses. D=

But yeah. I think you're seriously envied, anywhere you show your art. ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS."
    - Richard the Warlock, LFG.

visit my gallery on !! quelfish.deviantart.com !!
  • vogun
    edited December 2008
    The UK's National Lottery has taken place and therefore the winner has been drawn.

Unfortunately I forgot to watch it.

So I'm now waiting on the official National Lottery website to update with the results.

No posts after this point will be considered in the draw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vogun
    edited December 2008
    Errr...

I'm watching the National Lottery draw now... I thought it was earlier. Just as well no further posts were made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vogun
    edited December 2008
    The winning numbers for Wednesday 3rd December are:
    4 12 19 21 34 44
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shaawook - Sanctuary
    Shaawook - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    So,...... cant say anything more then the other users,.... ! =)
    really awesome drawing =)
    It remembers me a bit about Spawn or a bit The Tenth,...
    but your's are much sharper and full of life ! =]

only what i can say,..... respect bro !
    keep on drawing like this very cool stuff,....

sodele,..... Shaawook =)
  • vogun
    edited December 2008
    The winning numbers are confirmed as 4 12 19 21 34 44.

As post numbers 34 and 44 do not exist, post 21 is the winner. Clara of Lost City. Congratulations.

Doll up your favourite character with your favourite costume/outfit and post screenshots here. I would like front and back screenshots minimum please. Screenshots of other angles would possibly be helpful. I might, but probably won't, include a pet or mount in the picture, so a few screenshots of your pet/mount might influence the outcome.

Thank you everyone else for taking part and your generous comments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]