A Solution!!!

jamesbankz
jamesbankz Posts: 7 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Support Desk
I found a solution to the entire cant conect to the server try conecting to another update server thing. I use vista.

PLAY ON ADMINISTRATOR

I have a normal user account and it didnt work so I went to my mom and asked her to log onto her administrator account so i could atempt to open a port.

Anyways, I started up PWO on a hunch to see if it would work and it did!

Im playing it fine now.

Post if this works/dosnt work for you
Post edited by jamesbankz on

Comments

• jamesbankz
    edited December 2008
    Ok, I know that I posted this earlier but I got no responses, only 33 views and people are still posting about this so I decided to make another thread explaining to tell people what to do.

PLAY PERFECT WORLD ONLINE ON AN ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT!

This worked for me. If your account is a user account, ether change your account to administrator or log onto a administrator account and play then. This works on vista, i am not sure about mac or xp.

IF THIS WORKS/DIDNT WORK FOR YOU, POST!!!
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thank you for sharing this solution, but do not post multiple threads on the same topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • banglasoilder2k9
    banglasoilder2k9 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    jamesbankz wrote: »
    Ok, I know that I posted this earlier but I got no responses, only 33 views and people are still posting about this so I decided to make another thread explaining to tell people what to do.

PLAY PERFECT WORLD ONLINE ON AN ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT!

This worked for me. If your account is a user account, ether change your account to administrator or log onto a administrator account and play then. This works on vista, i am not sure about mac or xp.

IF THIS WORKS/DIDNT WORK FOR YOU, POST!!!

i am playin on administrator acount and my computer is windows xp
  • Unseen - Heavens Tear
    Unseen - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I play on Administrator. I click "Run as administrator." Doesn't work.
    I really believe that most vista users who can't play the game because of this issue would have found the "Run as administrator" button soon enough...but that's just my opinion. Right now, nobody really seems to know the cause of why us group of people cannot play and keep getting the "unable to connect" message.
  • jamesbankz
    edited December 2008
    You can not do the run as administrator thing, you must go onto an administrator account and then play it.
This discussion has been closed.