Droprates are changed (to the worse)

Options
serrat
serrat Posts: 31 Arc User
edited December 2008 in The Crafting Nook
I played the my-en version and i mostly know what monsters drops what.. at least to a certain lvl, since i successfully, and quite effectively farmed items/materials from them there.

While farming mats juts dont work here for me so far, cos either the same mobs that supposed to drop a certain material dont ever drop them here, or they do drop but at a much, MUCH lower rate, making the already boring process a real torture.. which i wouldnt expect to experience while playing a game.

So 2 cases are possible here:
A, it is messed up accidentally and the developers dont even know about it yet, -in this case i'd suggest the devs to take a look at it and fix this issue.

or B it is messed up intentionally just to force 'crafters' to buy materials from the cash shop (further enhancing its imbalancing and mandatory nature), in which case i'm better off not torturing myself further in this pay to play game (this would be already just a last nail in the coffin anyways.. I find more and more iffy things in this 'beta', that doesen't look likely tol change later on, whether we give "feedback" or not)
Post edited by serrat on

Comments

• ara
    ara Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    actually I and most people I talked with were pretty sure the droprates are higher than on MY-EN, you get quite a bit MORE items from mobs.

Either you were unlucky or killed the wrong mobs?

What item did you try to farm?
  • serrat
    serrat Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Worst cases so far were purified oil, and condense glue. I killed the exact same mobs on my-en (cant recall mob names sry) , and i got 10-15 of them by the time i get 0 or 1 here. But 1-2 mob dont ever drop oil i used to farm (like 0 out of 60 kill) ..and i only seen ppl BUYING theese mats so far.
    Although yes 1-2 stuff (like certain DQ items) seems to drop more often..
  • devilsei
    devilsei Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lol yeah, plus I think Buddha is losing a collection or something, cause i got seven of his hands, and I'm afraid to sell em cause I dont know if there for anything special lol

And yeah. I've gotten those dragon quest items more than grease, funny to me lol
  • f0x
    f0x Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Are u kidding?? The MY-en drop rate was wayyyyyyy lower!!
    I even get some rarer drops, such has elemental gems,...
    And the monsters now drop equips and mats more frequently, I LOVE PW-IN!!!!
  • Yami - Heavens Tear
    Yami - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I still say the drop rate of concentrated glue and purified oil is kinda low o_O
    Yami - Cleric - Heaven's Tear
    Testament - Barbarian - Heaven's Tear
  • soulowner
    soulowner Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I killed spiders for maybe 1 hr and got 100 oils... I killed the undead in the heroes tomb got about 60 threads... All this just while questing. No clue if its rare or not but i am only lvl 32 and have all my trade skills up to lvl 3.. Seems pretty easy compere to when I started.
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    devilsei wrote: »
    lol yeah, plus I think Buddha is losing a collection or something, cause i got seven of his hands, and I'm afraid to sell em cause I dont know if there for anything special lol

From everyone I have talked to and from everything I have seen, the Buddha hands are not used for anything and should just be sold to a merchant.

The other items I have found that also appear to be useless and just for selling to merchants are:

Ragged Fur
    Mystical Fur
    Organic Glue
    Lime Stone
    Green Fragments
    Element Dust (the one that sells for 120, not the one that sells for 800 and is used in dragon/banker quests).

If anyone has found a use for any of these things please post and let us know, but I am pretty sure that they have no purpose.

Hope that helps.
  • calydor
    calydor Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Organic Glue is used for armor making, at least according to the item description.
  • kalden
    kalden Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I playing on sanctuary atm, before that was playing Heavens tear. Was wondering if anybody find that sanctuary drop rate for mats is lower than Heavens tear. In Heavens Tear I was playing as an archer but now I'm playing as a Fist/Claw BM. I'm really finding that the drop rate is lower. Any views?
  • Hellmatyr - Lost City
    Hellmatyr - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i think so should farm on tauroc sentinals by the silver pool for e glue.
    i had around 11 glue for 32+ tauroc sentinal kills.
    Hey im wondering where we can get a constant drop rate for rough fur. i dont wanna buy them from the cash shop.
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I do have a severe shortage of concentrated glue (see = none, but mainly because I tend to use it in crafting as soon as I get it), but I have like 16 purified oils sitting around, and I use them both at about the same rate. Might just be the difference in mobs I'm killing; no idea.

As far as mined resources, I have less coal (not coal dust; got like 60+ of that) than any other resource. The other 'advanced' mined resources I have are in the 15-20 range, and I have 0 coal right now. Again, using them at about the same rate as the others in crafting. And yes, I mine it every time I see it, I just rarely see it.
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Canisblade Groundstalker
    Carpaced Treerat
    Sapphire Planeshark Don
    Snatchfoot Foxwing
    Two-Headed Abomination

The 5 above creatures are all level 37 and are all tied for first place with a 17.4265% drop rate for rough fur. If you are between the levels of 36 and 40 you can even use the Sapphire Planeshark Don as a solo mission to get extra reputation.

Enflamed Gargantakong King
    Snakevalley Hexwraith

The above two creatures are also level 37 and are tied for first place with a 17.4265% drop rate for concentrated glue.

I hope this helps you two get the crafting items you need.
  • Eliatron - Lost City
    Eliatron - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    For all those who are in the need of crating mats, remember that your level affects drops!
    Thats not cool when you realise that you need your mats for 3 lvl manufacture and mobs that drop it are more than 2 lvls lower than your.

Good thing to do? Party with a lower lever char, this way the average lvl of the party is lower and therefore there should be equals % of mobs dropping items even if youre higher level.

Hope this help
  • Biovolk - Heavens Tear
    Biovolk - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    This is a flaw in the way the game is designed. The developers are punishing players for leveling! After hearing about this, I will not even consider paying 1 cent for this game because i know they will say, "oh, but you can buy the materials at the cash shop". A game shouldn't have to force anyone to buy anything from the cash shop. They shouldn't even have to force you to buy from other players.

Enough ranting about this. Thanks for the tip about partying with lower level players. I resorted to making a new character just to get enough grease to level my main's manufacturing skills though.
  • Adriazirma - Sanctuary
    Adriazirma - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    The more I play PWI and read through forums and various blogs, the more I'm decided that my $50 were the first and the last I invested in the game. Should I invest more to buy rough fur? Because so it seems. Many events in this game are not fun, they are cash shop oriented. Most news are about cash shop, new items, new dress sets. OK, I know that money are important for development. But can't developers balance the game that even non-paying players can play it?

Non paying customers are slower, die more often unless very careful, there are tons of differences... why to push players hard to buy things with things like this? The whole Archosaur is full of ppl buying rough fur (of course for 1k or lower :-)) and only few of them are selling (5k typically). The same goes for dragon quests... my friend went crazy when someone wanted third pack of 10 element fragments in one quest! Element fragment was also my first "stupid quest" with Blobs of rebirth... they dropped it VERY rarely and to get 5 for everyone in a squad was crazy. But Soft fur? No problem, surplus all the time, everybody sells it. Something is flawed in item distribution. In case of rough fur you can buy it (which is stupid if you're willing to grind it - but you simply can't because of your level) but in case of DQ things it's impossible - so pointless grinding is the only way here... or pay 5k for one element fragment, which is 50k for one step in DQ - or in case of my unlucky friend 150k during that one particular "lucky" dragon quest.
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    you know i am tired of hearing all of you guys ***** about perfect world and the cash shop. ok it IS optional there are many ways to get what you want / need in this game. personally i don't do dragon quests i prefer to make my living based on one man armies etc. but nothing repeat NOTHING forces you to pay real money for anything.
    and every one is willing to use something but not pay for it so if they waited for you to donate enough money to run the server you would be dealing with one server on dsl outa thier basement. don't forget other people are paying real money to buy this game we get it for free.
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
    edited December 2008
    Options
    if you wanna see forcing to pay to advance in a game go look at the myspace apps there they force you to give them money for favor points. this is a low pressure system where they give you FREE alternatives to everything they sell. shut up and be grateful or be gone.
    and i will whisper no.
  • Myang - Heavens Tear
    Myang - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    i heard that if ur a higher lvl than the mob ur killing, then the drop rate is reduced depending on the difference in lvl. Can anyone confirm that this is true?
  • Berans - Lost City
    Berans - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Yes, as soon as you are 3 or more levels above a monster (i.e. when their name starts going green) Droprates go down. They continue to go down as you level up. To my knowledge it only stops going down when there name is dark green (When you're 8 levels? above them). By that time the chances are really extremely low.
  • SionEltnam - Sanctuary
    SionEltnam - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Element Dust seems to be used in the banker's quest to increase your storage size (I hear you can do this a couple times).
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Element Dust seems to be used in the banker's quest to increase your storage size (I hear you can do this a couple times).

twice i believe and then it requires storage ext stones or you could just use the new super one (both from cash shop)
  • Metraze - Sanctuary
    Metraze - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    Canisblade Groundstalker
    Carpaced Treerat
    Sapphire Planeshark Don
    Snatchfoot Foxwing
    Two-Headed Abomination

The 5 above creatures are all level 37 and are all tied for first place with a 17.4265% drop rate for rough fur.
    Can anyone give me a general idea of where to find these? Especially the Carpaced Treerat (weak against my Metal spells :D). I checked pwdatabase, but it doesn't give a location ...
  • Adriazirma - Sanctuary
    Adriazirma - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    you know i am tired of hearing all of you guys ***** about perfect world and the cash shop. ok it IS optional there are many ways to get what you want / need in this game. personally i don't do dragon quests i prefer to make my living based on one man armies etc. but nothing repeat NOTHING forces you to pay real money for anything.
    and every one is willing to use something but not pay for it so if they waited for you to donate enough money to run the server you would be dealing with one server on dsl outa thier basement. don't forget other people are paying real money to buy this game we get it for free.

Yeah, it may sound like that, but as you've wrote under my post I have to clarify my stand. I paid already because I feel like I wanna support the game I play. But there were some rare things and it was easier to buy them in the end - not that you MUST to do it (or you die) but you're strongly... "motivated". :-) That's for the paying part.

Second part is that drop rates and especially item distribution was SICK. I say WAS because now after some patches it seems that rough fur is not rare anymore (also prices near the West gate reflect that) and the same goes for other items. Droprates are also better now than they were 2 weeks ago (even in monsters 12lvl bellow me).

Now I'm quite happy with droprates of items I need. They are still not for free but it's not endless grind anymore.
    edited December 2008
    Options
    sorry it was unfortunate timeing that my reply was under your post it was adressed at the originator of this thread. it just burns me that people cheap out and complain at the same time. i am not sayig that we should worship them or point out what's broken. but most people complain when they haven't the right you know.
    and i will whisper no.