Ksing:

Kytania - Heavens Tear
Kytania - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Etherblade (West)
I was more then happy to switch to PWI from PW-My and don't regret leaving my higher lvl characters for this server for many reasons. Prevalent is the people, game economy, and even my lag issues are better. That being said...i choose a PvE server to be with friends even though I was quite used to PvP and had no problem with the occasional pk. (being pked not pking). there is one thing that I have noticed here though on the PvE server: KSing.

Yes it is hard to tell who is aiming for what mob...unless u actually notice the little red bar decreasing and u haven't hit it yet...(yup sure indication someone else has it for anyone who missed that fact), While it is fairly easy to deal with this or solve the problem (add to party) it is still exteremly annoying. b:angry Especially when you are in the process of clearing out a room safely so u can kill a boss, or killing the guards that tend to follow a boss, or even killing a boss only to have someone come in and ks you. So quite simply respect the person who is already in the middle of the kill and do one thing HIT THE ESCAPE BUTTON. This little trick will cancel your attack on something someone else is already attacking. If you are in a area with only a few mobs: JOIN THEIR PARTY OR HAVE THEM JOIN YOURS, If they are getting ready to do a boss: ASK TO JOIN THEIR PARTY OR WAIT YOUR TURN. Simple and yes obvious answers. If you can't be courteous try moving to a PvP server and backing up your KSing ideas there.
Post edited by Kytania - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Enzi - Heavens Tear
    Enzi - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well, they can't kill you so the less nice people have to give the nice people some kind of trouble.
  • Evancer - Heavens Tear
    Evancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well, they can't kill you so the less nice people have to give the nice people some kind of trouble.

Sad but true... I've KSed a couple of times purely by accident, but I always make a point of apologizing to the person when that happens. Never had the courtesy returned, but oh well... it's the Internet. No one enforces or expects courtesy.

On the upside, most of the mobs respawn pretty quickly, so I've never had a problem just moving to a different area. Your best bet is to move further away from the source of the quest - almost everyone wants to get the nearest mobs, when often enough just the other side of the hill is completely free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Let's just pretend I said something clever in response and leave it at that..."
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The most annoying thing is when people don't realise it was accidental KS and tell you off. Very few players deliberately KS but as a wizard it's hard to cancel your attack in time once you've called for it (dragon's breath is the least responsive spell I find) and some spells take a long time to cast. Some events (like wraith gathering) it's impossible to avoid KSing so it's all for all really.

Network latency makes it worse, but accidental KSing would be drastically reduced if the interface was much less slow and irresponsive.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Saiena - Heavens Tear
    Saiena - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Network latency makes it worse, but accidental KSing would be drastically reduced if the interface was much less slow and irresponsive.

I really do agree with this. I find that if my cleric spells have gone past 70% of the casting bar, then it's pretty much considered cast no matter how much I spam the ESC key.

And no, it's not a matter of slow reflexes. ;) The last two games I played used the ESC key and skill canceling as a common and crucial tactic. If you can't cancel fast enough, in half the cases you're dead. This is why I get so annoyed at the PWI client. I want it to cancel when I press cancel, dammit! :)

On the KSing topic, though.. if I think it's my fault, I've simply stopped saying, "Sorry." Most people never respond or give any indication that they care. Instead, I just buff them!
  • sizzzzle
    sizzzzle Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    PVE = KS fest nuff said.
  • Wyrde - Heavens Tear
    Wyrde - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I suppose there's just too many people that believe PvE means 'Player vs Everyone-Elses" ;)

-w
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i dont mind the ks so much as the cocky ks, were people get high on themselfs and act like jerks because in the real world they couldnt scare away a fly of their own- anyway, at the wraiths in anglers village today i had a fairly decent spot getting good drops no one was around and it was only one respawning mob, most people let me be or appoligized for accidentle ksing, and then this guy came along and started doing it on purpose, i let him knwo that i would contenue to do the same thing to him if he woudlnt stop so he did it more, and yes i do remember his name, and the ONLY reaosn i wont do that to him is because he wasnt a jerk, we ended up turning it into a game, wich i sadly lost, but my point rests, people need to stop thinking they are cool because they cant kill a mob with alower level then them without external help, and often times waiting untill the things almost dead already, and i cant help but laugh at the thought of them behind the computer picking their nose and giggling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    sizzzzle wrote: »
    PVE = KS fest nuff said.

thats why im on the wraiths side :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]