Noob blademaster question :)

Salom_Lover - Sanctuary
Salom_Lover - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Blademaster
want to know what peoples opinions on whats the best weapon for a blademaster to use?
Currently using sword but thats because its what you start with,
only started playing yesterday but im wondering on what everyone thinks the
best weapon for a blademaster is? and whether heavy or light armour is best?

Cheers =]
Post edited by Salom_Lover - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    its all personal preference, i use fists cause they have the highest DPS late game. Most people like using swords or axes, and if you use those, heavy armor, if not, and you use fists, heavy armor until you cant afford to lose dex then light armor.
    Back.
  • Salom_Lover - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Aye i know its all about personal preference but i just wondered what everyone thought,
    after much thought i think im going with sword :)
    Dont know why,
    just appeals to me.

thanks for the input :)
  • Sonicslashar - Heavens Tear
    Sonicslashar - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    3 reasons to choose a single blade/sword blademaster wearing heavy armour

1. High damage due to critical hitting often
    2. Get hit less due to high defence and high evasion
    3. Hit often due to high accuracy
    Once a Ninja
    Now a Samarai
    Always a BladeMaster

I am SonicSlashar and I have spoken
  • Salom_Lover - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Aye it sounds rather good :)
    i like single blade/sword aswell for some reason,
    and i wouldn't go with light armour,
    just not my style :)

thanks for the input,
    anyone else have opinions on the BM?
    post your BM's weapons/armour.
    or just what you think is best? :)
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well, I'm a poleblade BM, and this are my reasons and opinions of why I use that weapon:

When the character has a PvP based build, then Fist, Sword and Poleblade have the same:
    Accuracy, Evasion and Critical Hit Rate.

Fist hits faster, Poleblade hits stronger, and Sword is in between them. While Axes are completely different, having the highest damage and AoE but having less of the other attributes.

That's a reason why I use poleblade. Stronger than Sword and Fists, and more accuracy/critical hit rate/evasion than Axes. With a really powerful long range attack, Farstrike, and the ability to deal massive damage with Glacial Spike.

The only "problem" would be the Attack rate, that the Sword and Fists have. Which in my opinion is useless, because in PvP most of your enemies will be running/flying from you, while, yes, we stun to stop them from doing that, but most of our damage comes from skills not normal attacks. So attack speed is not a major problem for Axes or Spears.

The only BM that uses constant normal attacks are the Fist ones, but it requires the other person to stay in the same place the whole time, meaning it needs to be a meele class. Other BM's will stun and use leaps to avoid that, while Barbarians will only tank the low damage.

So yeah, Spear for now. I will probably max 2 trees at level 89~9x. Being the second one Axe, for TW, and Spear for 1vs1. Or maybe will start earlier, to use combination of both weapon AoE's for leveling up.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The only BM that uses constant normal attacks are the Fist ones, but it requires the other person to stay in the same place the whole time, meaning it needs to be a meele class. Other BM's will stun and use leaps to avoid that, while Barbarians will only tank the low damage.

you must not know how fast we can kill in a 6 second interval when our opponent is stunned.

Fist also build chi/spark up FAST, meaning spark eruption constantly.
    Back.
  • Tritoryo - Lost City
    Tritoryo - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I've been interested in the combo Fist/Claw + Eruption. How does your Character(Nayiro) deal with magical mobs though?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    you must not know how fast we can kill in a 6 second interval when our opponent is stunned.

Fist also build chi/spark up FAST, meaning spark eruption constantly.

I do. 6 second stun is not enough. I have never lost to any Fist BM, even when they are 5~7 levels higher than me. The damage is simply not enough to kill the opponent before the stun goes off (even using Drake's Breath Bash+Eruption), and once it does, the other person will just run/status/heal/fly/kill you.

Unless you're talking about mobs...