noob question

Options
andrew60
andrew60 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Wizard
i've just made a new mage last night. kinda thinking of going to pure int build (9int - 1str per 2 lvl) but i've heard some people say that it might be hard when soloing because you die too fast. should i consider light armor or what? what are the pros and cons? any comprehensive answer would be appreciated!
Post edited by andrew60 on

Comments

• Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Arcane armor : High damage, low defense. Good at PvE, always wanted in Zhen parties in the lategame (look those up if you don't know what those are)
    Light armor : Medium damage, medium defense. I believe your damage is about 84% of what it would be with arcane armor build. Good at PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • dhratso
    dhratso Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    a arcane can kill faster(i think mages were created for this), if u wanna hi damage and a better pdef u should create an archer =P, or a barbarian, my lvl 69 wizard can kill bm, barb and they dont touch me(i was a tanker wizard, if i was pure it'd be easier), u'll have problems against archer(using light or arcane), but they'll have problems against u too. . . against venos u can use the skill, i think it's lvl 49, in the pet, use sutra(the lvl 59 skill, i don't remember the english name) and u'll kill the veno in 6secs, against sacer, u need to use the lvl 49 skill before he/she heal his/herself, then use sutra and kill =P, but if u wanna spend some points in dex, u'll have more critical, but, personally, i preffer pure int

edit: if u wanna critical, i think u should be archer =P they will have more damage and critical then u, and more hp too, and the same def if u use light armor
  • andrew60
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i'm now at lvl 21, and i keep on dying against the wolves near the phoenix river as they have ranged magic attack >.< any tips on this?
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    hmm???
    use equipment with hp bonuses and physical resistance...
    its the basic...and use some as first opening spell the one with the longest channel, since those are dealing bigger damage...experiment...use gush as well as opening spell since its slowing mobs..
    etc etc...
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i would stack in a lil vit man if your having problems right now.Just later lvl's allocate for what you lost in putting into vit by adding it to magic.Lvling will come easy dude..**** the full int for now or get blue armors with hp vales like + something in vit or +hp,rings and oterh items will help as well...

yeah also gush is a good opener but what i usually do at that lvl is pyro as a strong opener since gush is quicker than pyro then ill do gush..run back a bit..use fire then gush again..then stonerain.Stone rain usually finishes them off pretty good.

the reason i start with pyro frist is because if u use gush first it will wear off..so i tend to want to get a nice hit then slow the enemy down.
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I don't mean to sound rude, but.. if you're dying at level 21 to MAGIC Mobs (which mages are needed to tank later)... you should switch classes, or practice kiting more.
    Or else ranged physical mobs later will give you a huge run for your money.

Remember, you don't HAVE to stand still and take hits.
  • andrew60
    edited November 2008
    Options
    thx for the input...one question, should i bother buying the skill hailstorm at all? it seems useless
  • slayer1o1
    slayer1o1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    ya hailstorm is prety useless. very low damage and aoe
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    get help, im a 45 mage and it gets easyer as you lv get into a helpfull fractions like outlaw and you'll lv up fast
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.