players interfering with my fights

koeru
koeru Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Is there anyway to turn off the ability of other players to kill the same monster as me? It's very annoying, especially if there's not many of a quest monster around. I know you can do that in other games, but not sure about this one.
On a random note, does anyone know where to get the music for PW? it's packed in some format normal programs can't read. I know the MY version had it, but I don't want to download it again, or if it's even there.
thanks.
Post edited by koeru on

Comments

• Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    there is sites you can download the music in mp3 format, google is ur friend.

As for ks'ing, its called making a party and not refering to monsters as "your" monsters.
  • Woolaitsing - Sanctuary
    Woolaitsing - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    KSing is annoying and can sometimes happen unintentionally. Generally, you get kill credit as long as your character does the most damage ... so it pays to be a venomancer as for some reason it is very hard for other players to KS my veno when she goes on an all out killing binge.

In my experience KSing is almost mandatory during the daily wraith events as there are generally more players than wraiths. The only way to get anything out of this event seems to be to out damage other players trying to hit the same wraith. Which gives venos, archers and mages a distinct advantage over other classes.

During normal questing I take care to avoid KSing and apologize if I do accidently, as do others in my experience. It also helps to move if an area has too many players, coming back later if necessary. Alternatively, you can party up with them which eliminates the problem entirely and many people will see the logic of this and will group up when offered an invite.

BTW ... technically/legally all monsters belong to PWI so there is no such thing as "your" monster.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The best way to go about it is hit the monster first! As long as you hit it first you get the kill. As for the drops, well thats if you can do the most damage It's courtesy to just stop attacking something if someone else gets to it first. it can be VERY frustrating, but usally there is more than one area for a monster. Look around you're sure ti find a place where you can kill alone all you like. *nod nod*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • koeru
    koeru Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    lol you must have just glanced through the post. MY wasn't referring to monsters; it was referring to the other version of the game that has the music in the game files as mp3's.
    I know they are not my monsters, but it upsets me when they steal my exp and items, since even if i start first, I might not do more damage. I have asked them to stop, and they ignore me. It's more a matter of politeness.
  • leajin
    leajin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I agree and am hoping they add an option to lock combat once you hit the mob. Also am hoping the change the way shops set up so players cannot set them on top of npc's-very unecessary and annoying.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    don't turn this into a cat shop thread.

There will never be a anti-ks system its to much work and its only an issue at the lower levels really. The exp is rewarded by % of dmg done to the monster and all the items goto the person with the most dmg.
    So the one and only true way to minimize the annoying KS is to party up and outdmg everyone else.
    I must apologize I used your "my fights" in the title and turned it into "my monster", subconcious mistake.