Noxious Gas, useful?

runite
runite Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Venomancer
Hey!
My question is very simple, is the Noxious Gas skill worth the sp and gold or not at all?
And if yes, what for?

It seems that this skill can only steal the agro from my pet and get me killed every time i should use it....
Post edited by runite on

Comments

• runite
    runite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Up
    Up
    Up
    Up
    Up
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    it's the only aoe skill a veno will get to use, forget about the lvl 59 one, u'll hardly get 2 sparks
    it has a good range, nice dmg, and dmg overtime, u get a lot of chi after casting it, very usefull in FBs, and the best part is when u make all hits critical :D

EDIT: sorry for the last post, i confused it with the lvl 59 skill
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Woolaitsing - Sanctuary
    Woolaitsing - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    runite wrote: »
    Hey!
    My question is very simple, is the Noxious Gas skill worth the sp and gold or not at all?
    And if yes, what for?

It seems that this skill can only steal the agro from my pet and get me killed every time i should use it....

Hell yes this is useful and if used with care you will not steal aggro from your pet. For most grinding situations the following works so well I made a macro (combo button) for it:

1. Cast Noxious Gas - pet initiates attacks and by the time the spell hits the target the spell hits about the same time - target's HP is reduced usually about 50% and this is before the DOT effect kicks in.
    2. Cast Venomouns Scarab (1x or 2x) as needed to finish the target.
    3. Cast Heal Pet (as needed)

Loot and on to next target ... This attack sequence is so mana efficient that you hardly ever run out of mana and most times when I need to rest is due to me needing a rest, not my veno and her pet - they can go on forever.

Use care with Noxious Gas as it can hit multiple targets - but then again my veno can win fights vs up to 4 mobs at a time.
  • Runica - Lost City
    Runica - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I just got the skill today and it is actually strong..
    Can't wait to try that combo!!
    Thx a lot

(any use in AOE parties??)
  • NecroVaL - Heavens Tear
    NecroVaL - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I hardly use... as its an AOE attack... and scare might hit on other nearby mobs too... and you will see a bunch of them running towards you while your pet is attacking only one...

I would prefer using venomous scrub + blazing, or perhaps Ironwood scrub...
  • Lotus - Lost City
    Lotus - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The reason that the mobs other than the one your pet is attacking you when you use this skill is that the pet does not having aggro locked on all the mobs attacking it until you select each mob and have the pet hit it at least once. Once you have all the aggros locked on your pet this skill is extremely useful, especially against earth mobs.

As for the 59 not being useful because of the two sparks, the other magic classes get a more powerful aoe at this level that needs 2 sparks too, so and kick butt with it if you are patient enough to save up some sparks. I love the nova skill personally.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I LOVE, LOVE LOVE This Skill! I use it when I solo FB19 the most. I just hit that skill aggro everything and go! The cool down isn't too long so I can use it every time I attack. For Grinding I use it in those little spots where mobs group up to purposefully Aggro all of them. I just make sure my pet hits them all (manual controls, FTW) before I go and use that. I don't like my piddly 1.5k HP bieng dropped so fast.

Nova (the 59 AoE) is also useful if you know how to use it. Getting Spark for Venos isn't hard at all. As we get a built in Chi builder by healing our pet or casting bramble on people! =D Not to mention Bramble makes people happy! BMs love that Buff. It's not even useful for me except in PVP mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired