a perfect world question

Monsoon - Lost City
Monsoon - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Hi, I'm new, therefore I have absolutely no idea whether this question has been brought up before, if it's in the right place, or if it's a question even worth asking...however please bear with me. Anyway, I've been playing this game for about...a day now, and I was wondering if this game was going to be big one day (it certainly has potential) and thus the producers would want to gain revenue of some sort (besides the item mall).

Does anyone have any speculation or clear idea on whether or not eventually there will be monthly fees of some sort for this game? Like, if I get into it now, will I be forced to quit due to a WoW-style adaptation? Or has there been a guarantee of some sort that there won't be. It seems to me that with all of the similarities to WoW, that this is a decent probability for the future. But if it's not, I'd like to know.

Thanks!
Post edited by Monsoon - Lost City on

Comments

• Ruve - Lost City
    Ruve - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'd say probably not. Not even Ragnarok big, how sad too because it has potential. =/
    Unless they lowered cash shop prices then it' could be big.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    games with combined monthly membership+item shop havent fared so well as i have seen
    games with just item shop make more money then subscription ones typically of course a huge factor here in the opposite direction is most the huge name ones (because of sequaling and advertising are the monthly subscription ones)

this game is pretty big in the east asian countries this is just the new north american/international server
  • Hirogi - Heavens Tear
    Hirogi - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    This game should at least get a bigger landscape to explore than just the eastern shore of some big continent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Shadows are watching. They will always protect you.