Land mounts vs Flight

Tiament - Heavens Tear
Tiament - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Ok so,I've never really owned a land mount even when I played the malaysian version and I'm considering getting either new wings or a panther mount but first I need to know which tends to be better, flight or land and why?The reason I'm asking this is because I'm not sure how terrain would effect land mounts and I'm gonna be buying them with ingame money and can only afford one atm.
Post edited by Tiament - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Eliatron - Lost City
    Eliatron - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Land mount: faster, need food to raise loyalty, and can get stuck on terrain. If you dont fed it, at every hit from mobs, you will drop from mount
    Wings: not that fast actually, can fly afk in long flights, almost no risk of getting hit at very high position (+65). you dont need to "mantain" wings, can be dropped (if red, or pink, whatever) unless you bind them with Bind Charm (50 silver)
  • Vaelissa - Heavens Tear
    Vaelissa - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Both have their uses, land mounts are significantly faster than any aerogear. Terrain usually isn't much of an issue since you can either jump or go around mountains pretty easily. Even with the detour, you'll still get to your destination quicker than with flight. The main annoyance with land mounts is having to get off to swim or fly over water where there is no bridge.

Flying does have its advantages, such as being able to pass above dangerous areas that may otherwise be unsafe on a mount. There are also higher places which are only accessible through the use of flight. Although, once up there I usually go back to a land mount at the soonest possible moment. You can also AFK fly to get where you want to go without worry of death or running into things.

If you already have wings, you won't be gaining much. If you want to get places faster, then a land mount is definitely the best choice.
  • Tiament - Heavens Tear
    Tiament - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    ok,thanks guys. Exactly what I needed to know.