Over One Week To Download!

kiechiro
kiechiro Posts: 10 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Support Desk
WHAT THE ****! I finally get to download it and it says it's gonna take over 56,000 hours to download it WHAT THE ****ING HELL!

AND ****ING YES I'M PISSED NO I WONT EDIT THSI AND PUT IT IN LOWER CASE THIS IS BULL **** 56,000 HOURS! THAT'S OVER 2,400 DAYS!
Post edited by kiechiro on

Comments

• Gwixar - Sanctuary
    Gwixar - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Relax :)
    If you have a decent internet connection, the download time will go down drastic after a few minutes.
    I was chocked first at how long it was going to download but after a few minutes it dropped a lot to a normal time and it went steadily.
  • dap0ss
    dap0ss Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, I just ordered a dvd version of it. At least you have a progress bar. I just get to wait for a week and check the mailbox every five minutes.
  • kiechiro
    edited November 2008
    yea no see the thing is I waited for almost an hour and the time went so high it just disappeared <,< I've sent tech support a rather nasty message with it saying that it's gonna take ALMOST A YEAR to download it and not to say its a free dvd when they want you to pay S&H
  • dap0ss
    dap0ss Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Thing is,if you're getting such long wait times on direct connections AND torrents, and no one else is, then the problem is at your end. There just isn't anything support can do to make your internet connection better. The thing about the torrent option is that there are people from all over the world, all seeding the game. So its not just the developers who are sending it to you. And if you are getting bad speeds from EVERYWHERE, then it is really your problem, or perhaps your ISP's problem. In either case, there is no good reason for you to abuse support.

Having worked in IT support myself, i can tell you that the issue is probably a configuration issue on your part. Do you have your torrent program set up correctly? can you torrent other things successfully?
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    It's a 2.4 gigabyte download. If you have a low-bandwidth connection, such as dial-up or a very-low-tier DSL connection, it's going to take a while, and there's really nothing that can be done about that.

If your connection is normally higher-speed, please check that other torrents are not currently active, that your ISP is not actively throttling your account, and try some of the official mirrors, such as Gamer's Hell.

And please, do not use profanity on these boards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kiechiro
    edited November 2008
    YEa no see it's not my internet connection because I've downloaded other games twice this games size and have had no problems <,<
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    What results do you get from the mirror I linked to?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kiechiro
    edited November 2008
    same as with all the other's I download it, Open the installer and it jumps down to less then .1 kb/sec infact it goes so low that it literally disappears! There's no time or nothing
  • Jessminder - Sanctuary
    Jessminder - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    srry to be out of topic but while i was reading.. the gm said the word "profanity" wat does that mean?????b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • slayer1o1
    slayer1o1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Jessminder, 'profanity,' is basicly cuss words. Of course im not going to say them but all the little '*'s stand for letters in a not allowed word. it is not language approved for the general public.
    and kiechiro, first calm down. the s&h isnt that much if u want the game that bad. you might need to contact your ISP to see if they would know what the probem. where do you live, if you are nowhere near a server it could take a very long time to download. u might wana even check if you country is supported. here is a short list (not sure if it all of them) of countries not allowed to play the game
  • slayer1o1
    edited November 2008
    Jessminder, 'profanity,' is basicly cuss words. Of course im not going to say them but all the little '*'s stand for letters in a not allowed word. it is not language approved for the general public.
    and kiechiro, first calm down. the s&h isnt that much if u want the game that bad. you might need to contact your ISP to see if they would know what the probem. where do you live, if you are nowhere near a server it could take a very long time to download. u might wana even check if you country is supported. here is a short list (not sure if it all of them) of countries not allowed to play the game
  • slayer1o1
    edited November 2008
    sorry for the double post. it would not let me delete the second. i got an 'not a valid link' error message.
  • Tenchii - Sanctuary
    Tenchii - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    If you are using dial-up then there is a chance other people in your neighborhood are on that same line making your connection much slower

there was times when i was using dial-up i would get a connection speed as low as 19kbps with a maximum of 42kbps

now with roadrunner i connect at 840kbps which is a major upgrade and downloaded the game within 2 hours with all the patches included
  • Magiterry - Lost City
    Magiterry - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    dude, yelling at the staff isn't the BEST way to getting this solved...

If i was you..I would just contact your ISP and see, if for some reason, they are throttling you connection ONLY when you download things.

this has happened to a lot of my friends, especially when they download Torrents.

Good Luck
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    kiechiro wrote: »
    WHAT THE ****! I finally get to download it and it says it's gonna take over 56,000 hours to download it WHAT THE ****ING HELL!

AND ****ING YES I'M PISSED NO I WONT EDIT THSI AND PUT IT IN LOWER CASE THIS IS BULL **** 56,000 HOURS! THAT'S OVER 2,400 DAYS!

your choice of language and tone.....simply not acceptable.

chill out for a bit in the cooler will you please? thank you.
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
This discussion has been closed.