New veno question about pet skills

Options
blindeyesniper
blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Venomancer
I just started a Veno caster and I love it so far! A lot more fun than my first boring character, a blademaster who's at level 39 at the moment. My question is if it is possible to put a pet attack skills as a hot key. I really want to put pet attack skill as F1 so I don't have to do that alt+1 non-sense.

Also, what does the term "aggro" mean? I see it get thrown around pretty often. I have a little understanding of what "aggro" is but is there a way to measure how much aggro you possess or any way to control it? I assume it would be important to let the pet have aggro so it can tank. How do you prevent taking aggro away from the pet?
Post edited by blindeyesniper on

Comments

• Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    1) No, you can't.

2) Aggro basically means you have taken the attention of the monster and now its targeting the person who "aggro"ed. The monster will always hit the person with the "aggro."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • graider
    graider Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Agro is a term used in place of agression. The more damage you deal, the higher your agro. The faster you deal damage, the more agro you generate. The benefit is this, your pet generates 2x the agro 2 of your spells with a skill. I can only out-agro my pet just before the monster dies, and that's laying my hardest hitting spells into it.

Healing spells, however generate a lot of agro, especially if your pet is tanking 2+ monters.

If you heal your pet, anything it isn't engaging will attack you, if they were attacking your pet.

**Situation**
    You are fighting 3 monsters, your pet has 2 of them tanked. You kill the one on you, and heal your pet. The one your pet isn't attacking will stop and rush you so it can kill you (or try to).

Ok, what you do there, is use a potion or even Life Powder (apothecary skill level 1) to heal as you cast the heal pet spell. Life Powder is preferable to a potion because it increases your HP regen by 50 per second for 10 minutes. This makes you quite durable, and will allow you to kill that other one without worrying too much about needing to run.
    If the best defense is a good offense, why did I even show up?

If a train is going east at 50 mph and another train is going west at 90 mph, where do they...Never gonna give you up~ Never gonna let you down~Never gonna run around~and hurt you~

If you've got this far, you've been rick-rolled.