Question about Wings

Swarfega - Sanctuary
Swarfega - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
Well I was wondering, you start of with those white wings, not very fast etc, so my question is are there any more wings? If so, at what level(s) ?

Started just now and got interested so. :/
Post edited by Swarfega - Sanctuary on

Comments

• swarfega
    swarfega Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Ops that was me.
  • Neverwas - Heavens Tear
    Neverwas - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    yes, there are 4 other types of wings available in the PW Boutique (cash shop). click the sun icon under your minimap (or press "O") then click the "fly" tab, then the "wings" tab and you will be able to see what they look like, view their level requirements, speed, etc. frequently these cash shop items are sold by other players (archosaur is the primary trading town) so you can get cash shop items without having to actually use any real money.
  • swarfega
    edited November 2008
    Aah there it was. :) thanks!
  • swarfega
    edited November 2008
    But I don't quite understand. I can't buy anything in that menu at all ?

Even when I have the requirements.
  • Neverwas - Heavens Tear
    Neverwas - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    you have to have "gold" (previously called "zen") to purchase anything from the PW Boutique, but you have to use real money to buy it, hence it's nickname "the cash shop". if you want to purchase gold you will click the "buy gold" button located at the bottom of the boutique screen. you will then be taken to a web page where you can use PayPal or other methods to purchase the gold. $20 for 20 gold, etc. however, as i mentioned earlier, if you visit archosaur and look around at all the "cat shops" someone is likely to have the cash shop item you want for sale. if not you can simply advertise that you are looking to buy it. alternatively you can visit the auctioneer in town and buy gold from other players using your "game coins". the exchange rate is around 100k per 1 gold although that can fluctuate based on supply and demand. so if you want an item that cost, say 10gold from the cash shop, you will need 1 million coins to purchase it. sometimes you can get a better deal buying the item directly from other players, getting a 10gold item for 800k-900k so it doesn't hurt to shop around.
  • swarfega
    edited November 2008
    I see. I don't really want to spend money the first day I'm playing it, so another question;

1. Isn't it possible to upgrade the starting white wings to be faster or something?

2. Are those starter wings the only wings you don't have to pay with irl cash?
  • Tiament - Heavens Tear
    Tiament - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Yes you can upgrade the white wings....kind of. There is a passive skill at level 9 I beleive that increases flight speed for the white wings ONLY. It increases by 0.20 each level. At the max level it will give your white wings a flight speed of 2.0

And for the second question, at level 30 there is a quest that will give you level 30 eagle wings. They're brown and have a flight speed of .50

Also, all wings except the white wings have a special speed boost option. This includes the level 30 wings. However, when using the boost it drains energy and when it depletes all the energy you will fly at whatever the normal speed is for the wings you are using. You can refuel the wings by using stones obtained when you decompose weapons/armor.
  • peregryn
    peregryn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    swarfega wrote: »
    I see. I don't really want to spend money the first day I'm playing it, so another question;

1. Isn't it possible to upgrade the starting white wings to be faster or something?

2. Are those starter wings the only wings you don't have to pay with irl cash?

I assume you are playing a winged elf as they are the only ones who get flight from level 1.

In answer to your first question .... no, those wings cannot be upgraded though there is skill you an get that 'slightly' increases your speed on the starter wings.

In answer to your second Question, no, you get a quest at level 30 and on completion of that quest you will receive a flight device (flying sword for human, flying creature for Untamed, better set of wings for Winged Elf). The cash shop simply gives you the 'Option' of getting better looking (and in some cases faster) flight devices, than are available by the quest.

final note; aside from Winged Elf starter wings all flight devices I am aware of in game at present require that you be level 30+.
    Perhaps the greatest secret to getting along with others lies in learning to respect their opinion(s) even while you disagree with them.