Does Anyone KNow RoaringPanda???

ladylilithu
ladylilithu Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
I aam a new player and someone gave me a Puppet egg on my character Decaysha. Not knowing how to use it i accidently dropped it and didn't notice right away when i did i saw RoaringPanda pick it up. I have screenshots of my talk with him where he said he would give it back and he gave me a Antelope Pup egg instead. I know the puppet egg is worth far more and I know he does as well but He said he would return it. He logged out right after even though I know he got my tells about him giving me the wrong egg. If u know RoaringPanda I want my egg back. I maybe a newb but I am not a noob.

It's ashot in the dark and I know you all think I probably deserve getting ripped off for dropping it like I did but it's not right to keep something thats not urs when they admit to having it and offer to give it back. I got a loosy 10k in game I cannot afford to buy another Puppet egg.

Decaysha lvl 10 Venomancer
Post edited by ladylilithu on

Comments

• Eliatron - Lost City
    Eliatron - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You drop it, its no ones egg. Dont wanna be bad, but theres nothing you can do.
    If he dont want give it to you, is his choice.
    Sorry mate
  • ladylilithu
    edited November 2008
    yes but he said he was giving it back I can send screenshots to anyone who wants them of the conversation i had with him. It would be different if he said finders keeps or some stupid thing like that but he said he would give it back and traded me a different egg instead.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    antelope pup egg? ROFL

if you're on HT just PM me I'll get you like freaking 10 antelope eggs. they are worth like... 500 coins. max.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    If the egg you're so worried about losing is a Torgirn Puppet egg, don't fret, it's not worth anything anyway, those monsters are common, within easy reach and tamable by any lvl 32+ veno, nobody buys them and nobody really cares about them..

If you meant "Puppy" as in Cuddly Pup egg, well I'm sorry for your loss, but there's really nothing that anyone can do about it..... picking up drops is not against the rules.... lying and telling someone you'll give it back and then logging off instead is not against the rules. Bottom line is you shouldn't have dropped it.... sorry.
  • ladylilithu
    edited November 2008
    Actually it is against the rules of conduct part 11J states...

(j) Engage in any actions that defraud or attempt to defraud, scam or cheat others out of any items that have been earned through authorized game play;

I'm smart enough to look up rules before i complain to the proper people.

The value isn't what bothers me it's the fact that he acted nice when he was a jerk off and it was a gift.
  • Neverwas - Heavens Tear
    Neverwas - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    well technically he did nothing wrong in the first place by picking it up and by him saying he would give it to you would be considered a good gesture actually. he doesn't have to give you anything even if he says he will. it may be mean and dishonest but unfortunately not against the rules. online games (as in life) are full of jerks and liars and people that frequently scam people intentionally. it really sucks but you just have to leave it as a lesson learned.

by the way, if it was indeed a "puppy" egg i'm really sorry and feel your pain on that since they are really expensive and hard to get, but if it was a torgirn puppet and you are a level 10 veno, then you wouldn't have been able to use it anyway (unless you were wanting to sell it). i've never seen the puppets go for very much, maybe 3-5k. once you get to level 29 you can tame a torgirn puppet yourself and use it.

i'm sorry either way tho, people suck. lol =)
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Actually it is against the rules of conduct part 11J states...

(j) Engage in any actions that defraud or attempt to defraud, scam or cheat others out of any items that have been earned through authorized game play;

I'm smart enough to look up rules before i complain to the proper people.

The value isn't what bothers me it's the fact that he acted nice when he was a jerk off and it was a gift.

Ummmmm, you can't really defraud something from someone that is already in your possesion.

An example of fraud would be if someone was trying to trade you for something and put the item up in the trade window to let you see it and then closed the trade window and opened it again but this time putting a lesser item that looks similiar and hoping that you wouldn't notice the difference before clicking confirm..... that is defrauding

In your example you were offering nothing for trade, therefore you could not have been defrauded
  • Kyou - Heavens Tear
    Kyou - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2008
  • ladylilithu
    edited November 2008
    Look my main goal isn't to actually get the egg back. He was being dishonest even after admitting he did pick it up and would return. I know it's a game and have been playing them for so long my oldest son who turned 19 today also plays them. That being said my point in doing this post was mainly to let other people know about this guy and to not trust him. I know eventually I can tame another if I play that long but usually I move on to another game since I am signed up for Champion's Online, Spellborn and AION betas. And I also pay to play City of Heroes.

I come from NYC I don't let people get away with **** without making a stink so they regret dealing with me. If u let people think they can get away with being dishonest or other such behavior they tend to use u like a doormat. I will not let this guy rest in game I don't care if I get banned it's a new account on a free game there are plenty of other free games and pay games so no real loss.
  • Solky - Lost City
    Solky - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Look my main goal isn't to actually get the egg back. He was being dishonest even after admitting he did pick it up and would return. I know it's a game and have been playing them for so long my oldest son who turned 19 today also plays them. That being said my point in doing this post was mainly to let other people know about this guy and to not trust him. I know eventually I can tame another if I play that long but usually I move on to another game since I am signed up for Champion's Online, Spellborn and AION betas. And I also pay to play City of Heroes.

I come from NYC I don't let people get away with **** without making a stink so they regret dealing with me. If u let people think they can get away with being dishonest or other such behavior they tend to use u like a doormat. I will not let this guy rest in game I don't care if I get banned it's a new account on a free game there are plenty of other free games and pay games so no real loss.

You take the game way too seriously =)
    Be sure to check the Beauty Contest :Db:thanks

I love presents. Give me some =db:thanks
  • Neverwas - Heavens Tear
    Neverwas - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i really understand your point and i sincerely empathize with you. however if i took out a personal vendetta every time a person in one of these games did something messed up to me, that's all i would ever do. what happened to you is small compared to some other **** i've either had done to me personally or someone i know in a game. people are just completely rude, are liars and total jerks in these games because they can get away with it. they can't do these things to people in real life and get away with it. they would end up missing some teeth. these people are just cowards and a complete waste of time. chances are, you may never see this person in game again. even if you do, efforts to "inform the world" on this guy will fall on deaf ears since people, especially in this game i've noticed, just don't care. the best advice i can give you is to let it go, take a little break from this game if necessary. i've done that plenty of times over the years in different games, i get so disgusted with some of the people so i take a little break to cool off and forget about it, then it's all good again. =)
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    haloooo, its a torgrim puppet egg?! Its absolutely worthlesss!!!!!!!!

Just go tame a lvl 18 golem like you are supposed to and enjoy your game.
  • Aerieath - Heavens Tear
    Aerieath - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hmm... lvl 10, u cant use Torgrin pup pet. If u want that kind of tank pet, i rather u get to Timberfield area n get yourself a Magmite, lvl 17 i think. I wont reco u using a Torgrin pup. Anyways, any lvl 30++ venos will hav absolutely no difficulty taming a Torgrin. Not for a lvl 10.
    If i didnt rem wrongly, collecting a certain amout of antelope pup eggs n other kinds of antelope eggs will enable u to get a baby antelope pet in exchange *refer to Mr/Mrs Zoologist in Archosaur*.

And being a veno, u shd be earning alot of money. =X

If u are talking about the loss of the rare Puppy pet egg, then i feel sorry for u, that really sells for alot of $$$. Try hitting lvl 20++ and tame a bunny instead.

Talking about idiotic players in the game, there are alot of nasty ppl as much as there are alot of nice ppl in the game, especially if u are in a PK server like Heaven's Tear. U hav to get used to the KS and drop steals in the game, they are frequent. Don't let an idiot ruin your game like that. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote: Too many freaks, not enough circuses. b:scorn
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Heavens tear isnt a pk server :P And Ks'ers are ks'ers no matter the game/server/rules they will do it.
  • Solky - Lost City
    Solky - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Heavens tear isnt a pk server :P And Ks'ers are ks'ers no matter the game/server/rules they will do it.

Amen :D!!!!
    Be sure to check the Beauty Contest :Db:thanks

I love presents. Give me some =db:thanks
  • ladylilithu
    edited November 2008
    Well we can all stop the bickering about who's right or wrong he logged in and gave it back. He didn't realize he had given me the wrong egg. Think of me as u wish I could careless if u think I take the game too seriously for one it had nothing to do with the game I judge people be it in game or in real life for how they act regardless. If ur a **** in Game u r probably one in rl as well.