No answer

2»

Comments

• daraia
    daraia Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I know what you're talking about sherbet.

They said to right click and press set affinity..

I think I tried that myself and I got an error or something. Let me try again...

Nevermind. Lol I didn't get an error this time but I still can't login o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vaneska - Heavens Tear
    Vaneska - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I have vista<hate it a lot -_-> And as i said i tried everything. No clue how to repair it.
  • aj007
    aj007 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    this sucks. I don't even have my dinosaur (old) computer to try installing the game on, 'cause it's getting fixed also.....

thanks sherbet for putting up with all of us :)

I really shouldn't have deleted the download files....now I have to download 1 through 4 to get it to install......****.
  • Vaneska - Heavens Tear
    Vaneska - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Im sorry for u :( i also cant check it on other computer:( At least we can stay together on forum saying how bad we feel xD Support helps xD
  • daraia
    edited November 2008
    When I did the Nmap scan thing though I did get an error >.<
    Please download and install nmap. Go to C:\Program Files\Nmap\zenmap\zenmap.exe, double-click that file, and in the resulting window, type in the command "nmap -p29000 -PN pwigc3.perfectworld.com", click scan, and wait til you see the word "unknown" pop up, and tell us what results you get. If you see the word "open", it means that there's something on your computer blocking the game from accessing the internet, usually Windows Firewall, PeerGuardian or another software firewall, or ElementClient does not have permission to access the game. If it says Blocked, Stealthed, or something similar to that, it means that your ISP or a hardware firewall blocking access.

It said
    Warning: Hostname pwigc3.perfectworld.com resolves to 8 IPs. Using 64.74.134.31.

dnet: Failed to open device eth9

QUITTING!

Failed to open device eth9..wth is that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aj007
    edited November 2008
    Yes is does X3
    I love mmorpgs, (lol, computer nerd), but this one looked like nothing I've ever seen before......*sigh*
    All the other mmorpgs that I play are on my dino computer, so I can't even play them.....(I hope that's not advertising....well, I didn't name nothin' so oh well.....) This game looks so fun, and I was planning on making an awesome-looking venomancer and my brother was gonna make a panda XD (I have a whole family of computer nerds.... XD )
  • daraia
    edited November 2008
    aj007 wrote: »
    Yes is does X3
    I love mmorpgs, (lol, computer nerd), but this one looked like nothing I've ever seen before......*sigh*
    All the other mmorpgs that I play are on my dino computer, so I can't even play them.....(I hope that's not advertising....well, I didn't name nothin' so oh well.....) This game looks so fun, and I was planning on making an awesome-looking venomancer and my brother was gonna make a panda XD (I have a whole family of computer nerds.... XD )

Rofl. I had a character for every single class with totally awesome names. (No, i'm not a name hogger. I trained every single one of 'em :D) I was also in the English Version closed beta ^_^

But man...I really wanna play xD PW is awesome...
    b:cry
    Customizing is awesome. I once made a character so hideous that it scared all my friends away ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aj007
    edited November 2008
    that is hilarious. I love the customizing aspect of mmorpg games too. I was looking on youtube and I was SOOOOOO phsyced to make a character!!! (may not have spelt phsyced right, but who cares...)
  • daraia
    edited November 2008
    Lol, I would've won that customizing contest. My characters were all unique and I took alot of time designing them. Some people's characters just looked so horrible though! You'd just be walking down the path and you'd see some person with an overly long head and dark purple mega-sized lips and eyebrows.
    Freaky.

P.S. - By the way, it's psyched.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aj007
    edited November 2008
    that sounds funny. I wish I could have had a chance to play the game. It sounds so fun.......but then I'd be even more dissapointed about this whole mess. sherbet said some updates might help, but I'm just not sure.........huh................this sucks.

I take like.......three hours to make up my mind on a name, then like............six to customize. And that's just Sims2 XD

P.S.- I knew there was an "h" in there somewhere! XD
  • daraia
    edited November 2008
    9 hours, yipes! :O
    That's quite a while, lol. I've been having trouble thinking of names lately. In highly populated games I usually use Daraia, because nothing else is avalible. If it's a newer game, i'll probably go with some type of physical feature. (An adjective) Like, Unseen. I've been using that a lot.
    It depends on the game and my character too..for example, for this one new racing MMO that just came out, i'm Flash :) (Haha, that could be considered as advertising because there is only 1 new racing MMO :P)

I think my main character on this game was named Unseen and was a goth witch styled mage. It was pretty cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aj007
    edited November 2008
    that sounds cool. a gothic mage......
    haha. I usually use names that I've used for virtual pet websites when I was younger. I also use the name Basi a lot, because when I was in..... seventh grade i think, we had to make up a god or goddess, and i named her Basi, and she was a goddess of the earth and autumn. I use that a lot.

and mabye not nine, but........at least three......hehe
  • daraia
    edited November 2008
    Aw, that's cute. Lol, in 7th grade for computer stuff I would use anything that related to soccer.
    (Eg, iluvsoccer11 and soccerfanforeva)
    Haha, I was so uncreative. (Or just lazy to spend time to come up with a half nice name for that matter)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aj007
    edited November 2008
    *sigh* this is really too bad. I'm re-downloading, and after I get file two, I'm going to download a direct X and graphic card update. When I get it installed I think that A: if it works I'll make a new thread, B: if it doesn't just post it here......

So, how good is the gameplay? does it lag a lot? and do the quests fit together quickly, so that you don't have to randomly kill things to get your lvl up? I'm just wondering, because i've read a few reveiws.....
  • daraia
    edited November 2008
    Well, I remember that it only lags with full detail settings on. (Of course though, the graphics are stunning on full detail) I believe that I played on low/medium settings (I usually do so for most games, the smallest bit of lag or slow responding annoys me) except for water which I had set to high. I don't know what it is with me and water...but it's just so...beautiful. You've got to experience for yourself how it's like to fly over one of the lakes on high detail. So very realistic.
    As for questing, I remember starting out in one base town, doing the quests there and then moving on to another town to start quests there. There wasn't one solid storyline to follow.. but there were definitely always a lot of quests to complete, which made leveling up much easier. Like I said though, you start out in the first town and you do a quest in which the goal is to talk to the main people of the town and then from that you get all your starter armor. Then you go on and complete quests from that area and just work from there. You don't really ever have to go searching for quests, the main areas where you begin the quests from will always have quests for you unless you have completed another quest which introduces you to another area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aj007
    edited November 2008
    ok. so this game'll be worth it......which makes it even harder to sit here and wait for the downloads.... (the multiple files 1-4 take an hour and a half each on my laptop)
  • daraia
    edited November 2008
    How do you know the game is going to work after it's done downloading? o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aj007
    edited November 2008
    I don't know, but that's what i'm waiting for, to find out if it DOES work.....
  • daraia
    edited November 2008
    Haha. Didn't work for me :( I'm not going to reinstall that big 'ol file again :l
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aj007
    edited November 2008
    oh. I might try after I update my computer...
  • daraia
    edited November 2008
    Alright. I'll be sure to add you ingame =) Then we can quest with each other!
    (My main wasn't that high anyway because I had so many chars + I played on the English version)

That is...if we can get the game to work xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aj007
    edited November 2008
    alright. sounds cool. and yes, IF. have you seen any knew ideas about what it could be? DX I'm at a loss.....I've looked through a few other threads but haven't found anything new.
  • daraia
    edited November 2008
    It's something with the connection if we obviously cannot connect. I'm just absolutely confused as to what exactly the cause of it is...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aj007
    edited November 2008
    yeah. someone said they fixed it, but they're logged off, so you can't ask him/her how, so who knows?
  • daraia
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, the person who said "that they were doing something wrong"

Hmm....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aj007
    edited November 2008
    i really wish they would have stayed online for the benifit of others. (LIKE US!)
  • daraia
    edited November 2008
    I'm just trying to figure out what exactly he meant...doing something wrong...bagh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aj007
    edited November 2008
    yeah.....welI I have to go. Nice talking to you, and good luck figuring it out. :(
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The "dnet: Failed to open device eth9" error suggests that you've got a very heavy-handed firewall running, or a very unclean implementation of TCP/IP on one of the network cards on your system. Please check the former and make an explicit exception for elementclient.exe and TCP port 29000, and update the drivers for the latter.

This sort of behavior suggests that something is preventing packets from getting to the servers and back on TCP port 29000, or malforming them to a massive degree somewhere in the middle. The big things that you can check are to make sure that you're aiming for the right servers names by checking that the text of C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\userdata\server\serverlist.txt is :
    Sanctuary (PVE) 29000:pwigc2.perfectworld.com 4
    Heavens Tear (PVE) 29000:pwigc4.perfectworld.com 3
    Lost City (PVP) 29000:pwigc3.perfectworld.com 5

If that's accurate, and you're getting no Ping information from the server select screen, we then want to look at the nmap results. By telling nmap to 'ping' the server on just port 29000, we can check whether there's a block in place between your computer and the destination servers. If you get open, though, that means that the intermediate connection is fine. We also know the servers are good, because other players (and sometimes even other computers with the same physical location and IP address) can log in without a problem.

By process of elimination, this brings us to your computer's hardware and software design. The first thought would be a firewall, permission issue, or poor network driver.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Unseen - Heavens Tear
    Unseen - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    By process of elimination, this brings us to your computer's hardware and software design. The first thought would be a firewall, permission issue, or poor network driver.

This doesn't make sense though! I turned OFF my firewall! I added the exceptions! The serverlist.txt is correct! And how would it have anything to do with a poor network driver if I played the game before this and it worked perfectly?!!?? I didn't change anything about the network driver! And by the way, my network driver isn't a bad one, it's the regular same ol' same ol' they sell in the store for most computers, thank you very much.
This discussion has been closed.